Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
LittleHattie has a spectacular aura about

Talking Cinco de Mayo on WW?

WW has quite a few Mexican foods , items , games ,
Why do not have aCinco De Mayo ?
Maybe everybody who would log on on that day or maybe everyone who would play Candy bash on 5th of may would get a
Donkey PiƱata or Fiesta Table Runner or Fiesta Design wallpaper or my favorite ...Chili Pepper seeds! or Zorro mask

Please no political comments. I am not Mexicali or American or not even Canadian but i do like WW special days
LittleHattie is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #2
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

Default Re: Cinco de Mayo on WW?

I think that's an excellent idea, lots of fun. It's true that there are already several Mexican items, and the game as you say.

Cinco de Mayo is celebrated by people of all ethnic origins, so it would be like the St-Patrick day that we just had, that was a great success.
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

Ewww, a Zorro mask would be cool!! I love the costume pieces.

Great idea LittleHattie!!
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #4
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Wow.. amazing. Idea came out, the next day- Boom they have it! In honor of this day, chihuahuas are available for purchase. Even though that makes Ganz more money, you still got your wish.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #5

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I don't think they'll do a Cinco de Mayo celebration, in spite of the fact it's celebrated around the world.

Why you may ask?

Cinco de Mayo is actually Mexico's independence from I believe France. It's actually a national holiday for Mexico, not something like Christmas, Easter, Valentine's or yes even St. Patrick's day which all have more legend and myth.

It wouldn't be fair to celebrate a national holiday over any around the world - even if people do like to celebrate May 5 as a day of partying and imbibing.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #6
Steelers Nation
Gifted

webkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledgewebkinzchick1 flows towards the sea of knowledge

FABULOUS idea! Its one of my favorite holidays!

View Post Originally Posted by jadewarlock
I don't think they'll do a Cinco de Mayo celebration, in spite of the fact it's celebrated around the world.

Why you may ask?

Cinco de Mayo is actually Mexico's independence from I believe France. It's actually a national holiday for Mexico, not something like Christmas, Easter, Valentine's or yes even St. Patrick's day which all have more legend and myth.

It wouldn't be fair to celebrate a national holiday over any around the world - even if people do like to celebrate May 5 as a day of partying and imbibing.
It IS celebrated around the world. Many of my Canadian friends, and American friends celebrate too.
webkinzchick1 is offline Female
Old 05-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
Gifted

monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!monkeys12rule is not just visiting!

Interesting idea! Also, this may be a coincidence, but the Game of the Day at the Arcade today is Candy Bash.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
Neiler for life

Boltaway is sweet stuff
Boltaway is sweet stuffBoltaway is sweet stuffBoltaway is sweet stuffBoltaway is sweet stuffBoltaway is sweet stuffBoltaway is sweet stuffBoltaway is sweet stuff

I have an idea! They could have a gift box that comes with the special zorro mask,and it would also come with a poncho with Poncho ON IT for your pet to wear!Also they could have clickable beans that float across the screen[like the ones that you shoot in the game]and if you clicked them you would get a bowl of fried ice cream or a churro for your pet!
Boltaway is offline Female
Old 05-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
ants to move doors!

Nereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant futureNereid has a brilliant future

Why you may ask?

Actually, jade, it is NOT Mexican independence day as you implied; it celebrates their victory over invading French forces, quite a feat against such a large and established army. And it isn't all about "imbibing", it's about pride...and maybe all-you-can-eat tacos.

Happy Cinco de Mayo EVERYONE!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #10
LittleHattie has a spectacular aura about

Why you may ask?

I just checked it is not an Independents day so it is somewhat in line of Patrick's day

I think while Christmas and Ester are National holidays in USA and Canada it is still manly religion holidays.
So if people from other countries or other religions do not mind celebrating Christmas and Ester on WW we should be more tolerant and open minded to theirs

I do not know if WW does something for USA independents Day or Canadian Holidays but they should and i do not think that the rest of the world would be angry with ganz that they celebrate just those two.

On the other hand why not to bring world Holidays to WW... one year they can celebrate Chinese New year, other year Reading day ( France), other year Boxing Day (UK) or Carnival day ( Brazil)
Anything that would teach the little ones geography is good

Last edited by LittleHattie; 05-05-2010 at 03:31 PM..
LittleHattie is offline Female
Closed