Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

Sweet&Sour is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Bringing back the Orange Army Shirt and Plumpy Glasses

That would be great for some of us, but bad for others. Many of people have traded very valuable items for orange army and plumpy glasses, and if they brought those back, they would of lost valuable stuff for something you could get for free
Sweet&Sour is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #12

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

Retiring items are a stick of two ends.

On one hand, it keeps high-level trading alive, gives a mark of distinction to old-timers, and allows Ganz to sell replicas. The latter could possibly be the only factor that matters to Ganz.

On the other hand, it pushes kids into the cold embrace of black market. Not only it teaches them that respect and status can be purchased with cash, it also drives a large share of cheating and scamming in the trading room.

So, my take on the issue is that retiring items (especially clothes) is overall harmful to the game. I could, however, see the other side's arguments.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #13
Gifted

Lela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roostLela2241 rules the roost

I don't think they should bring them back. Since both have been retired for so long, people have been trading a ton of stuff to get them. PSIs, Rares, I don't even know. But could you imagine if they just showed up in the Wshop again, after people have traded that much for them? Ganz would get SOOOO many complaint calls/emails saying stuff like 'I traded 3 rare retired items for somethign that just showed up in the Wshop?!? Or something along those lines. The reason people love them so much is because they're rare and long retired. If they're brought back, nobody will care anymore.
Lela2241 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #14
inter =]

nici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wondernici wows us all with wonder

I traded a scuba mask+ fairy falls tiara+ magic mire tiara for plumpy glasses (good and fair trade), and it is took me a lot of time to get it. plumpy glasses are very high value. if ganz will bring back these to wshop, the value will drop, and the trades will be not fair anymore.
nici is offline Female
Old 11-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #15
icked Webbies
Gift Guru

dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!
dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!dragonbird is a def. WINNER!

As much as I'd love to own a lot of those highly sought after items, and if Ganz "unretired" them I'd be able to own them I have to say that I don't agree with this thinking...

If everything is easy to obtain the whole "collector" aspect of WW would be obsolete. Without that, I believe there would be a lot of thrill taken out of WW and without the thrill, people will have less interest...As aggravating as it is to not be able to get your hands on something, part of the thrill is the trying...

Sure, there is a little part of the trading fairness that would annoy a lot of people, but for me the main reason to not bring stuff back is to keep the interest alive...

And that's my opinion and probably no one agrees with it, but that's a dbird for ya!
dragonbird is offline Female
Old 11-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #16

ra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud of

i'm sorry, but i really disagree with this. if they stopped reitring items, then what would happen to the values of everything? FLAT LINE! our little webkinz world economy would be gone forever!
if they brought back those items, then they wouldn't be worth anything so people wouldn't want them anymore.
ra1727 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #17

heart891011 knows the way
heart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the wayheart891011 knows the way

View Post Originally Posted by tarabella9
I think they should bring them back. I think they should just stop retiring the items too, except for the holiday items of course. I mean, you're right, it just causes madness! As for being rare, isn't that what rare items and curio shop only items are for? I support.
agreed i never got a chance to get them cause i wasn't a member that long and nobody is nice enough to give me their extras it makes me sad
heart891011 is offline Female
Old 11-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #18
Banned
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW
cheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoWcheekyluver makes the others go WoW

maybe a quick draw for those items!
cheekyluver is offline Male
Old 11-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #19
smarly has a spectacular aura about

i would love if they did but to many people have paid money or traded a lot for it lots of people would be mad they did all that and now you can just buy it in the kinzstyle outlet
smarly is offline Female
Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #20
Clothing Collecter

nicolejasmine14 is just really nicenicolejasmine14 is just really nice

sorry i do not support this.....retired items make the trading room funner and more exciting even though they take work to get it is fun and gives you more experience in the trading rooms
nicolejasmine14 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
t.t.tawnypup