Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Piratekitty7 is on a distinguished road

Default Both lil and big webkinz should be accepted for POTM!!!

I know people have said that it isnt fair that certain ones like when the pig was potm, that it should have been both for different reasons...and so on...

But, i really think they should make it that each POTM is both the Big and Lil webkinz pet... for the following reasons:

1.)Not everyone can afford to buy the big ones all the time (i know its a small increment of money, but, some kids are buying them with allowance, and if Ganz really wanted to make money, they'd open it up so even the cheaper ones are potm...)
2.)They are always soo hard to find, then when you can finally get one, it's halfway through the month, and you've missed all those special events (though, not such waste for ganz, they still get their money....but, not fair to the us, their customer!)
3.)Some people already own the specific pet, anticipating the potm, maybe overhearing that it may be a certain pet, and accidentally buying the wrong size.....(this could eventually get bad for ganz....people will start getting mad...I can't tell you how many people would come in and try to return things at my Hallmark to get the right size POTM...and then complaining that Ganz needs to accept both sizes)
4.)It just makes sense, why only accept one size? Is ganz really that money hungry? I'm positive they make plenty of money off of us, I personally have 12 webkinz, charm necklace, mousepad, and numerous decks of cards...i have also spent a nice amount of money on presents for people, and I know of people who have spent WAY more than me. I think its only fair to us, the consumer, to do one little thing, to accept both sizes of the same type of pet for the potm. There are soo many pets, its not like they will run out of pets to host for potm anyways, and there are soo many pets that will get left out and retired before they get their chance to become potm, soo, why not?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
PofNatey

Default Re: Both lil and big webkinz should be accepted for POTM!!!

I agree with you!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

Not to mention, Ganz would be making money because people would buy 2 diff pets during that month
the down side to that is that more people might already have that pet (my strange ex: the jan lil golden--- would be both lil &big, and i already have the big so im not buying another)

Last edited by paws; 04-25-2008 at 11:40 AM..
paws is offline Female
Old 04-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #4

I think that was the longest post ever...but its something that has really bothered me for awhile...ever since I had people constantly complaining to me and trying to return webkinz without tags to me saying ganz is cheating them.....

its unfortunate that they have something as tricky as this....i mean, if a parent isnt into webkinz, and takes the kid to buy one, and the kid says they know which one is the potm, but accidentally buys the wrong size....shouldnt they still get the special prizes, etc?

---------- Piratekitty7 added 1 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by paws
Not to mention, Ganz would be making money because people would buy 2 diff pets during that month
the down side to that is that more people might already have that pet (my strange ex: the jan lil golden--- would be both lil &big, and i already have the big so im not buying another)

Im not exactly sure what you meant by this

Last edited by Piratekitty7; 04-25-2008 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
Littlex3red
Gift Guru

littlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roostlittlex3red rules the roost

The shops all by me.. Have a special box that ganz issued that says Pet of the Month.. Each month before the first (3 weeks before) they sort them out and put the once for the first in the box.. they say it easier for the customers and they do not have to repeat themselves. My mom likes it because she just goes in.. They do have the policy about no returns, but they do sign the slip saying that it can be returned if they made the mistake about the pet of the month...
Old 04-25-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Gifted
paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!paws is the cats pajamas!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by paws Click the image to open in full size.

Im not exactly sure what you meant by this
lol i am confusing

I that is a good idea with both positive and negetive consiquences (spelling?)

The positive is that their are 2 different pets that people will buy, which will bring in money

The negetive is that less ppl might buy potm bc they already have one form.
My example was that the January POTM was the lil golden retriever.
Say that both big & lil were potm
I slready have a big golden retriever
I might not buy potm because I already have it so I can still participate in activities. But if it was only lil (like it was) I have a larger chance of buying it because i do not have that webkinz.
paws is offline Female
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #7
Gift Guru

1girln3boys has a spectacular aura about1girln3boys has a spectacular aura about

I colud see a kid buying the wrong one or a parent that doesn't know buying the wrong one. Although they clearly say if its the big one of the Lil one. When we were looking for the pink poodle my husband would have bought the lil' pink poodle not knowing any better. When he pointed them out and said there's a bunch right there. I told him those are Lil' kinz and he asked if there was a difference. I don't think my daughter would have bought the lil one though but my hubby would have. Maybe to help they should make the signs clear at the stores to and if the sales clerk just gives the customer and FYI and says "just to let you know this isn't the pet of the month"
1girln3boys is offline Female
Old 04-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #8

but then again, not everybody is as priveledged as you to have one already, I know the kids i babysat only had one webkinz between the two of them, and were only allowed to buy one for potm in december, soo, they would still be buying one...and i know there are still people who would be buying one....

also, you wouldnt be getting a potm gift box, just dailies....soo, you would still have to buy a new one if you wanted the potm item....and i know for sure there are plenty of people out there who buy them just for that

---------- Piratekitty7 added 5 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by 1girln3boys
I colud see a kid buying the wrong one or a parent that doesn't know buying the wrong one. Although they clearly say if its the big one of the Lil one. When we were looking for the pink poodle my husband would have bought the lil' pink poodle not knowing any better. When he pointed them out and said there's a bunch right there. I told him those are Lil' kinz and he asked if there was a difference. I don't think my daughter would have bought the lil one though but my hubby would have. Maybe to help they should make the signs clear at the stores to and if the sales clerk just gives the customer and FYI and says "just to let you know this isn't the pet of the month"

Just remember, we are all on this webkinz forum because we are all fans of webkinz and know maybe not A lot but, we know pretty much about the game...there are plenty of people out there still that still do not know everything we do....

The small shops in my town that sell webkinz, there are about 6 and 3 hallmarks within a 15 mile radius....only at the hallmark stores and one of the small shops that have even a sign about potm up when it changes....trust me ive looked...

Soo, if someone just goes in there, and doesnt have a sign, just goes in there from what there kid tells them, or from what they remember, it is soo easy for them to accidentally buy the wrong one...I've even had sales associates tell me that both sizes would work for potm when i was buying my chihuahua. I knew that only the big one worked, but if you have someone who works at a store telling you that...and you dont know much about the stuff, dont you think youd be misled, and buy the wrong thing

---------- Piratekitty7 added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------

Although, back to my original idea....Ganz makes enough money through us buying their pets, MANY MANY other things they constantly bring out. They retire nice pets like the unicorn fast, and honestly, not every pet will get to be potm, soo, it wont cause any harm to just make both big and little pets potm....

Last edited by Piratekitty7; 04-25-2008 at 12:02 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #9
poodlekisses

Gosh, there r many pros and cons 4 having both regular and lil' webkinz for the POTM.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
aerialstar11
Gift Guru

aerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud of

Ya, that would be nice... ^_^
aerialstar11 is offline Female
Closed