Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
ebkinz fan
Webkinz :)

Shandree is a jewel in the roughShandree is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation A better warning when trading please.

I feel like I am the only one to have encountered this problem...but I know that I am not (yes I realize that it is not a scam but I still view it as dishonest)...I traded away a green faced and two red faced items for one green faced one because I thought that the red face would cancel/stop the other two items. I also lag when removing items so I left them in so the trade would be faster. The other person got my items that were worth a lot more than what they traded me. I finally discovered a place where there is a warning about trading your items with red faces and it is the help button in the trading area while you are already trading with someone...I never looked at this button before because it takes too much time to just look up the values of the items the other person wants to trade me and figure out if the offer is a good deal. (i'm still fairly new so I don't know values off-hand.) I think this button should be moved to the trading tables themselves or the help for chatrooms so that you don't have to start a trade and look like a "bad trader" for taking your time and reading this info. I hope this thread helps other people realize that they should take their items out instead of leaving their red faced items in the trade and I hope Ganz reads this.

This isn't a suggestion but it was in my other thread and I thought it was useful info. Another issue that can be an actual scam is that when you are at the last part of the trade if your happy/sad faces are not on the items you want, you will not get them so make sure the faces are still on them. (If the item is still there but the face is not it means the person took the item back.)
If this happens cancel by clicking your items then make sure you put the smileys on the items you want from the other person and then click ready to trade again. If the faces stay there then the other party may have made a mistake and still want to trade, but if they are not there it is most likely a scam and you should leave. (Thanks Ritzcracker for this info.)

Last edited by Shandree; 07-15-2009 at 05:19 PM..
Shandree is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

Default Re: A better warning when trading please.

i'm confused!
Galfam is offline Male
Old 07-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #3
ebkinz fan

I'm saying that they got the red faced items as well as the green faced one even though red is supposed to mean they don't really want it. I assumed red would mean that the items wouldn't be traded but they do in fact get traded. Edit: For the second part of what I said you can only see the help for trading only when you put up items to another person in a trade. I think it should be directly avaliable once you go to a table or to the help in the right hand corner. That's about as simple as I can make it. You'll understand if you go to the trading room. (Some people suggested trading small stuff in dark blue and pink first, I guess that is a good idea.)

Last edited by Shandree; 07-15-2009 at 06:46 PM..
Old 07-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

believe me, i am a master trader. but what you are saying is something about not trading red-faced items. it doesn't make much sense. I guess i can see that you were trading, he put a sad face on your items and you didn't take the item away, then you clicked "ready to trade" and accepted the trade. Then, they got the item that they put the sad face on.
Galfam is offline Male
Old 07-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
ebkinz fan

Yes that is what I meant. I am sorry. I just wish the help wasn't at the screen where you trade because I never noticed it there.

Last edited by Shandree; 07-15-2009 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Heres another scam. thye sopmetimes have that thing when it says you're trading items of value yadayadayada. Soemtimes they don't click the final trade button and thye said that came up, so they want better items. Be careful!
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
e must be
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

You know, I never thought of it that way before...I suppose if you think about it, shouldn't that Red unhappy face mean 'Stop, I don't want that item?' I think that IS something that should be addressed by Ganz. If you thought that it would halt the process of the trading of those particular items, someone else must think that, too.
I think Ganz should be a bit more defined in their instructions by now. They have had quite a while to sort out the bugs in the system and hear other's ideas. Surely ONE of our ideas has merit, wouldn't you think?
Dixiecup is offline Female
Closed

Tags
chatroom, green, red, trade, trading