Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 05:17 PM   #1
carolinahomes
Webkinz :)

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

Default A Beginner's Trading Room

Due to the fact that many many children are being scammed out of their items due to the fact that they don't know what they're getting in exchange, it would be nice if there were a beginners trading room that the parents could sign up for, for their younger kids. Here are the details I've considered for that room:

1. Items will be able to be returned back to the original traders if either one wishes to do so.
a. There would be a time limit (3 to 5 minutes is sufficient)
This allows for the child to bring the items back to her room and see whether she actually likes the item as it's placed in the room, and also to verify that the item recieved is not just some neat looking, but cheap pet food!
b. There would be a charge of 50 kinzcash to return the items. Such as in regular life with re-stocking fees.
c. If three items have been traded at one time, you must return either all of them or none of them, cannot return some and keep others!
d. Because of the time limit, the child would only be allowed one trade every five minutes in order to not cause any overlapping problems.

What do you guys think? Please feel free to add more to this because this is just a rough draft so far!
jessica17 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #2

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

Default Re: A Beginner's Trading Room

I do think it is a great idea, however, I wonder how many "scammers" would try to manipulate that somehow.....either from one side or the other.

It seems just when we think the water is safe....out come the sharks to play or is it PREY on others.......

I really do think you have a great idea though.....perhaps it is something that someone would only be eligible for so long....OR if the parents did NOT sign them up for kinzchat plus----and they would NEVER be allowed in there if they EVER got kicked out of chat plus---(in order to even be allowed in chat plus you are SUPPOSED to be above a certain age, even though a few have found a few ways to circumvent that even......)

Good luck to you.....hope this helps, and perhaps you can get your idea run along the way to webkinz.....
Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
icebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledgeicebear flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thats a great idea, send it to Ganz.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
carolinahomes

jessica17 has a spectacular aura aboutjessica17 has a spectacular aura about

Right, I understand it would take some extensive programming but I believe that there is a way to control hacking.
This situation with Doug stealiing the gems is what got me to think about it. Ganz apparently timestamps everything and can revert your account back to the way it used to be. So why not just include a user-side feature that can revert your account backwards by 3 to 5 minutes? I'm not even close to being a programmer, but it does seem like a logical solution!
jessica17 is offline Female
Old 05-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #5

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by jessica17
Right, I understand it would take some extensive programming but I believe that there is a way to control hacking.
This situation with Doug stealiing the gems is what got me to think about it. Ganz apparently timestamps everything and can revert your account back to the way it used to be. So why not just include a user-side feature that can revert your account backwards by 3 to 5 minutes? I'm not even close to being a programmer, but it does seem like a logical solution!

I agree---they will TRY to tell you it is NOT possible, but since they are able to tell you WHAT was in your account...much like how they can tell when or who has done what sometimes with some things....there is no reason they can not police parts of webkinz world BETTER!!

This is really a great idea, and I hope you have great luck with it.
Closed