Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 09:46 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

perkyqueen is on a distinguished road

Talking Banks in webkinz!

I think that webkinz should have banks so it is easy to save up and stuff! You could also get intrest on your money!! I think it would be really cool! Comment what you think!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Jen9804
Gifted

Jen9804 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Banks in webkinz!

I would love that too! Great teaching tool for the kids too!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #3
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

I do like the idea of giving kids more of an incentive to save money.

Thumbs up here.

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Roohoo1
Gifted

Roohoo1 has a spectacular aura about

I think that would be a great idea for kids. Putting some KC away for a rare item would be a fine activity. Maybe when they see how much KC they have they just want to spend it. Animal Crossing, a GameCube kids' game, lets players put Bells away in the bank. Excellent idea.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:33 PM   #5
nisha1rocks

nisha1rocks is on a distinguished road

just like on neopets! I agree
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #6
Sonic is more than
Gifted

zatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond reputezatcat101 has a reputation beyond repute

Wink Re: Banks in webkinz!

i totally agree!!

i love cats, webkinz, and neopets!!!
zatcat101 is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #7
Rachak32

BubbleQueen is on a distinguished road

yes yes yes there should be banks on webkinz
BubbleQueen is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
Can you guess?
Gifted

rennie1997 will become famous soon enough

Well- remember the interview with the creative director? They said that there would be news about that coming soon!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #9
Hmm
Eliphalet
Gift Guru

Hmm is an unparalleled talent
Hmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talentHmm is an unparalleled talent

Ganz is really thinking about implementing banks? That is interesting...

I've been thinking more about the whole bank thing, and how it should be implemented. Much of what happens in Webkinz world is on an accelerated time frame -- in other words, things happen quicker than they would in the real world to keep user interest high.

For example, you can do "courses" in Kinzville Academy in a day, or harvest a pumpkin only a week after planting your seeds. (Wouldn't that be great in the real world? I'd never buy produce from a store again!)

So... How would interest compound in Webkinz world?

While most banks offer minimal interest on savings accounts, I think that Webkinz world should do a flat 5% rate on Savings. That means that for every 100 dollars you put into a savings account, you get an additional five dollars back in interest during the compounding period. Why five percent? Mainly because it makes the math easy, and because it is only slightly higher than comparable real world savings vehicles.

The next question would be what would be the period for compounding? It cannot be a year... No one would wait for that in the Kinz world. Some folks might even have their accounts expire in that time!

So, what would be a reasonable option? Monthly compounding? Weekly compounding? Daily compounding?

I'd vote against daily compounding of interest. That would make banks a cash cow that would surpass strawberry gardens, and would make it too easy for people saving up for a big item to put in a large amount of cash and then withdraw it 24 hours later, slightly enhanced. Money can grow at an astronomical rate when compounded on a daily basis, and anyone who banked would suddenly be super flush. It would upset the balance of the game world, and make it even easier to afford rares.

Weekly vs. Monthly Compounding

I think that the compounding has to be either on a weekly or a monthly basis to work. There are good arguments for both timeframes in Webkinz world... Kinzcare and Pumpkin growing are on a weekly timetable. Pet of the Month, a monthly. Clearly, Webkinz users could adapt to either timeframe.

Weekly compounding would be tempting, to make sure that little kids get a quick payback on their savings. But I think that it would offer too much help to those who are already doing well in Webkinz world -- users with many, many pets and deep cash reserves. For someone with ten thousand kinzcash, they would be getting 500 the first week, and then 525 the next week in interest, and so on.

Now one could argue that Webkinz is a closed economy, with no inflation in the W shop. What would it matter if someone got 500+ Kinzcash a week if there are already random sources of cash like the Wishing Well and Wheel of Wow?

Maybe weekly compounding would not make that much difference in the overall game. But still, I think that the compound should be a monthly one. However I recognize that might be too slow for the Kinz world.

What about the rest of you? How do you think banks should work in the Kinz world?

Hmm
Hmm is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #10
badboy180
Gift Guru

billy180 is on a distinguished road

Cool Re: Banks in webkinz!

I hope they do come out with a banking feature and then a credit card to purchase things with
Closed