Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #41
Webkinz :)

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Default Re: bag those webbies, stop tag stealing!

I was at a JC Penney that had about 25 webkinz and only 10 had tags. I told a manager about it and suggested that they remove the tags and keep them at the register or under the counter and she said, "That's not my department, you need to speak to the store manager."

Well, that shocked me right out of my shoes. Isn't store theft every departments' concern?

Well anyway, I did finally get to speak to the store manager and she was like, clueless. I explained that the tags were the main reason that people buy webkinz, so they can go online, enter the codes then play with their "virtual" counterpart on line in Webkinz World. (That it was like getting 2 pets for the price of 1".) Well, she seemed to like the idea to keep the tags in a safe location, but I guess it became too much of a chore, because now they don't carry webkinz anymore.

With so many stores today that have electronic monitoring, and those beepers that sound when someone tries to steal an item, you would think that GANZ could somehow put a security chip in the tag somehow that would sound when you walked past those security scanners. The chip could be activated by which ever security system that store had.
jazzykinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 10:39 AM   #42
has 60

crum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all aroundcrum98 radiates beauty and kindness all around

Well, it IS a nice idea, but I like to look over the kinz first to make sure its fur isnt messed up or anything. (backwards or something) And I also like to make sure its tag is right. (mixed up on the assembly line?)
crum98 is offline Female
Old 08-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #43
Awesomeness

zappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clownzappity is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by crum98
Well, it IS a nice idea, but I like to look over the kinz first to make sure its fur isnt messed up or anything. (backwards or something) And I also like to make sure its tag is right. (mixed up on the assembly line?)

Agreed, I do that too. Most of the time I can find holes and stuff. Maybe like the Mazin Hamsters? They come in little box things.
zappity is offline Female
Old 08-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #44
Gifted

deenies is a splendid one to beholddeenies is a splendid one to beholddeenies is a splendid one to beholddeenies is a splendid one to behold

Here's one for you - I actually was at Toys R Us once and searching in the bins and found a tag without a Webbie! I took it to the front and since it was without the Plushie, they gave it to me for free.

I agree, something should be done, too many tags are stolen.
deenies is offline Female
Old 08-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #45

ginny19 defies all odds
ginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all oddsginny19 defies all odds

I couple weeks ago there was this one pet at Target I wanted so bad and visted for weeks as I saved up my money, it was a Lil' B&W Cat, with the sweetest face... When I had almost enough money, the day before getting my allowance, I hid him under a pile of roosters. The next day, me and mom went back to the store JUST FOR HIM, but there was NO tag or ribbon or case or ANYTHING, there had been the day before, he was the last one, and he was on the other side of the aisle. I was in tears for the next couple hours, I'd already had a name, a room, a personality, everything picked out for him, and then...

I fully support this idea!
ginny19 is offline Female
Old 08-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #46
WW ID = melethana
Gifted

melethana is sweet stuff
melethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by ginny19
I couple weeks ago there was this one pet at Target I wanted so bad and visted for weeks as I saved up my money, it was a Lil' B&W Cat, with the sweetest face... When I had almost enough money, the day before getting my allowance, I hid him under a pile of roosters. The next day, me and mom went back to the store JUST FOR HIM, but there was NO tag or ribbon or case or ANYTHING, there had been the day before, he was the last one, and he was on the other side of the aisle. I was in tears for the next couple hours, I'd already had a name, a room, a personality, everything picked out for him, and then...

I fully support this idea!
Oh, I am so sorry you could not get your lil' cat. There is always the partner store. I know you can't pick out the best pet that way, but I know that Robert would never ship a pet without a tag.
melethana is offline Female
Old 08-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #47
pandziroxs

pandziroxsXD is a jewel in the roughpandziroxsXD is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by melethana
So I went to a large chain retail store today, and just happened to walk down the aisle with the webkinz (yes, entirely be accident ) And they had there a guinea pig! I was so excited, already thinking of names for the piggie, what kind of room she should have, when oh no! she had no tag, just a blue ribbon tied to her foot. I checked all the pets and two thirds of them had no tags. Some of them still had the plastic pouches, but no tags! There was no manager to be seen, but I did e-mail that store later. I think that if webkinz came in bags (like the ones shown here http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...online-620780/ ) that the nasty tag stealers might give up. And even if the tag stealers didn't give up, at least well meaning parents and grandparents would see that something was wrong with the torn bag, and think "this one is open, I don't want to get DD an open one"
I always check before I buy a webbie in a store, but I am certain that other grown-ups who do not understand that you need the little blue tag would just buy a webbie for a child, who would then be very upset that they could not adopt the pet.
So I think that all webkinz, or at least those sent to Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc., should be sealed in plastic bags with the webkinz logo, and a window to see your pet. This would at least deter the nasty tag stealers!

VERY GOOD IDEA!! That would also keep them CLEAN! I have seen some VERY dirty Webkinz!!!!!
pandziroxsXD is offline Female
Old 08-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #48
Harry S is a bunny!

sarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledgesarocks7 flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by Emma8432
Wow, that would be awesome! It's so evil that people would steal the codes! Isn't there some sort of alarm that would go off when you walked through the doors? I'm so sorry you couldn't get the Guinea Pig.
I know!! The alarm should go off...
sarocks7 is offline Female
Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #49
Hai! :3

angelbaby125 is a splendid one to beholdangelbaby125 is a splendid one to beholdangelbaby125 is a splendid one to beholdangelbaby125 is a splendid one to behold

My store that we bought my cream soda pup in taped the tag to their paw! It was kind of hard to get off too.
angelbaby125 is offline Female
Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #50
Rarely on here

animalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud ofanimalsrock!34 has much to be proud of

THIS IS WHAT I CALL WEBKINZ ABUSE!!! ONE DAY I WENT TO WALMART AS ALWAYS I WAS HOPING TO SEE SOME WEBKINZ. I WENT TO THE TOY ISLE AND THERE WAS A WHOLE LOT OF WEBKINZ FOR SALE EVERY ONE STRIPPED OF THEIR TAGS! Those Webkinz sit there, never to be loved, never to be bought and owned, because someone stole their tags!!! I dont think we should do a bag cause i too like to feel my Kinz but we should do something!
animalsrock!34 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
don't bag mai webbies, small was here :]