Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
WW ID = melethana
Gifted

melethana is sweet stuff
melethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuff

Lightbulb bag those webbies, stop tag stealing!

So I went to a large chain retail store today, and just happened to walk down the aisle with the webkinz (yes, entirely be accident ) And they had there a guinea pig! I was so excited, already thinking of names for the piggie, what kind of room she should have, when oh no! she had no tag, just a blue ribbon tied to her foot. I checked all the pets and two thirds of them had no tags. Some of them still had the plastic pouches, but no tags! There was no manager to be seen, but I did e-mail that store later. I think that if webkinz came in bags (like the ones shown here http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...online-620780/ ) that the nasty tag stealers might give up. And even if the tag stealers didn't give up, at least well meaning parents and grandparents would see that something was wrong with the torn bag, and think "this one is open, I don't want to get DD an open one"
I always check before I buy a webbie in a store, but I am certain that other grown-ups who do not understand that you need the little blue tag would just buy a webbie for a child, who would then be very upset that they could not adopt the pet.
So I think that all webkinz, or at least those sent to Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc., should be sealed in plastic bags with the webkinz logo, and a window to see your pet. This would at least deter the nasty tag stealers!
melethana is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: bag those webbies, stop tag stealing!

*applauds WILDLY* This is a GREAT idea and I may have to incorporate it at my store
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
the edge of glory
Gifted

DramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledgeDramaQueenhk flows towards the sea of knowledge

great idea! but one flaw, i like to feel my pet before i buy and i line all of the pets up and pick the best one depending on how soft, how plush, eyes, mouth, nose, and color( color because some webbies sit by windows and i have noticed, got sun bleached )
DramaQueenhk is offline Female
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
I love cheesecake
Webkinz :)

bluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond reputebluecheeky000 has a reputation beyond repute

bravo! oncore with that firm speech! A while ago my daughter recently bought a yellow lab and she just realized that someone stole the tag! isnt it so rude? I support entirely!
bluecheeky000 is offline Female
Old 08-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
WW ID = melethana
Gifted

melethana is sweet stuff
melethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuffmelethana is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by DramaQueenhk
great idea! but one flaw, i like to feel my pet before i buy and i line all of the pets up and pick the best one depending on how soft, how plush, eyes, mouth, nose, and color( color because some webbies sit by windows and i have noticed, got sun bleached )
I like to look at the webbies too to see which has the best eyes, fur, etc. but something has to be done about the nasty tag stealers. You and I, and most everyone else on WI, knows to check for tags, but I know other people may not know. So now the stores have all these tagless webbies where either
1) the customer knows you need the blue tag and will not buy the pet
2) the customer is buying the webbie as a gift, and does not know you need a blue tag, and later some little kid is very upset about not being able to adopt the pet.
That's not a good situation for anyone.

View Post Originally Posted by bluecheeky000
bravo! oncore with that firm speech! A while ago my daughter recently bought a yellow lab and she just realized that someone stole the tag! isnt it so rude? I support entirely!
I am so sorry your daughter has a tagless webbie. Hopefully you were able to find her another one.

Last edited by melethana; 08-13-2010 at 08:31 AM..
Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
Call me Luna!

Ms.Pacman is just really niceMs.Pacman is just really nice

that is a GREAT idea! luckily i have never had the misfortune to buy a tag less webbie, but if the webkinz were in little boxes or bags, it would easily keep people from stealing the tags. maybe there could be a little "feel me" window in the box/bag so you could feel what the webkinz looks like and make sure it is right before you buy it.
Ms.Pacman is offline Female
Old 08-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
band guys are so
Gifted

Emma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talentEmma8432 has lots of talent

Wow, that would be awesome! It's so evil that people would steal the codes! Isn't there some sort of alarm that would go off when you walked through the doors? I'm so sorry you couldn't get the Guinea Pig.
Emma8432 is offline Female
Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
Gifted

smallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roostsmallmonkey953 rules the roost

I really like this idea! I support but I would too want to feel my webkinz before I bought it. But I still support.
smallmonkey953 is offline Female
Old 08-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #9

Pitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clownPitenana is cool as a bunny clown

YES!! The best idea EVER! Not only I do feel a great pity towards shopkeepers whose goods are vandalized, it also discourages them to carry more Webkinz goodies!

Knowing that many kids are attracted to how cute Webkinz look like, a non-transparent bag won't do. It would be great to ship them in hard transparent plastic, like most small electronics are. The package costs next to nothing (probably 5c per piece or less) and it will greatly discourage theft.

Last edited by Pitenana; 08-19-2010 at 12:01 PM..
Old 08-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #10
WW ID = melethana
Gifted

melethana is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by Pitenana
YES!! The best idea EVER! Not only I do feel a great pity towards shopkeepers whose goods are vandalized, it also discourages them to carry more Webkinz goodies!

Knowing that many kids are attracted to how cute Webkinz look like, a non-transparent bag won't do. It would be great to ship them in hard transparent plastic, like most small electronics are. The package costs next to nothing (probably 5c per piece or less) and it will greatly discourage theft.
The lil' kinz / trading card combo packs do come in bags that have a clear window on the front and back side, and the webkinz logo, and some other info printed along the edges.
I know that in a perfect world there would be no tag stealers, but in the world I live in, at least half of the webkinz pets at the big chain stores are tagless.
At all the smaller 1-5 location stores where I've seen webkinz, they are kept right near the front counter. So at least there is the idea that the cashier is watching you.
Closed

Tags
don't bag mai webbies, small was here :]