Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
Gifted

kathstew is a name known to allkathstew is a name known to allkathstew is a name known to all

Default Autism Awareness got me thinking.....

So, when I came on this morning I saw that people were naming blue pets AUTISM AWARENESS.
Firstly, I think that is a great idea. A great way to spread awareness about autism.

After reading it, I got to thinking. By coincidence, I clicked the zodiac thing from COWS. Someone wrote "I hope cancer is a crab." At first I thought they meant cancer the disease, and they wanted someone to create a cancer animal, like the autism awareness names.
(I completely forgot what thread i was on )

That got me thinking.

I suffer from a disease called lupus. You don't know what lupus is? I am not suprised. Hardly anyone knows what it is, and that is the problem.
Something as well known as Autism is getting more awareness(which is fine), but a disease like lupus, has hardly any awareness. I work with a group to try and raise awareness, but it is hard.

That is why, I am going to send Ganz e-mails, comments, suggestions, WHATEVER, to create a lupus animal. The symbols of lupus are the butterfly and wolf. The colors are purple for the US, and Red and White for Canada.

If they could do something like this, create a lupus butterfly or lupus wolf, I would be so happy. Its just one way we could raise awareness.

If you agree with me, maybe you could send an e-mail to them too about lupus.

Lupus is a auto-immune disease. It is more common the leukimia, mutliple scleroisis and muscluar dystrophy combined.
It effects mostly woman, in child bearing years, but I was the "lucky one" and got it early.
Lupus is when your antibodies (the things in your body that fight bacteria and germs) attack parts of your body. It can attack any part of your body.
This attack causes inflammation, which can eventually cause organ damage or organ failure.
There is no cure, but there is treatments. Most treatments cause more problems then help.
kathstew is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
katt †
Webkinz :)

cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
cloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Googlecloverpuppy10 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Default Re: Autism Awareness got me thinking.....

Wow!!I'm touched by this!This is a great thread!OK...I'm putting THISi n my siggie!
cloverpuppy10 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #3

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

I think a wolf would be better - as the scientific name is Canis lupus. Might as well teach kids some science as well in this case.

Ganz doesn't get the possibilities here about creating animals for specific signs of awareness, such as this one, cancer (which is a crab in the zodiac, but could be a different animal that's purple), diabetes, heart disease (maybe a special love pet) etc. The thing is, they could donate a percentage toward charities that found this cause.

Oh - and BTW, these pets I'd specify as being BOTH plush and virtual only sales, so they can increase their donation to the charity.

It's brilliant on two standpoints - one generosity and admittedly one selfish for Ganz. The generosity aspect is that they are seen as kind and giving people, and will definitely benefit long term by helping out the community.

The selfish one? - It will make them seem less selfish and just in it for money, especially when a lot of times lately it seems they're making the games where it's difficult to win anything. (little burr there with me today - just about every daily game I play didn't give me anything of real value, and the dartz no tokens - twice this month. Usually I get at least one. )
Old 04-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by kathstew
So, when I came on this morning I saw that people were naming blue pets AUTISM AWARENESS.
Firstly, I think that is a great idea. A great way to spread awareness about autism.

After reading it, I got to thinking. By coincidence, I clicked the zodiac thing from COWS. Someone wrote "I hope cancer is a crab." At first I thought they meant cancer the disease, and they wanted someone to create a cancer animal, like the autism awareness names.
(I completely forgot what thread i was on )

That got me thinking.

I suffer from a disease called lupus. You don't know what lupus is? I am not suprised. Hardly anyone knows what it is, and that is the problem.
Something as well known as Autism is getting more awareness(which is fine), but a disease like lupus, has hardly any awareness. I work with a group to try and raise awareness, but it is hard.

That is why, I am going to send Ganz e-mails, comments, suggestions, WHATEVER, to create a lupus animal. The symbols of lupus are the butterfly and wolf. The colors are purple for the US, and Red and White for Canada.

If they could do something like this, create a lupus butterfly or lupus wolf, I would be so happy. Its just one way we could raise awareness.

If you agree with me, maybe you could send an e-mail to them too about lupus.

Lupus is a auto-immune disease. It is more common the leukimia, mutliple scleroisis and muscluar dystrophy combined.
It effects mostly woman, in child bearing years, but I was the "lucky one" and got it early.
Lupus is when your antibodies (the things in your body that fight bacteria and germs) attack parts of your body. It can attack any part of your body.
This attack causes inflammation, which can eventually cause organ damage or organ failure.
There is no cure, but there is treatments. Most treatments cause more problems then help.
Oh, I'm so sorry you suffer from that. Honestly, I didn't know what it was. That would be cool if there was a lupus wolf
Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Gifted

CalleyCo knows the way
CalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the wayCalleyCo knows the way

I'm sorry about that

I'll tell all my friends about it!

Me, Leah *my last name*, has Lupus Awareness!
CalleyCo is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
Garfield loves

sillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clownsillybung is cool as a bunny clown

I'm sorry you suffer from this! I will see if I can do anything! Im putting this is my siggie!

Last edited by sillybung; 04-17-2010 at 09:32 AM..
sillybung is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM   #7
aves to the
Gift Guru

koalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guide

Sorry to hear you have lupus. My mom has a similar and more rare disease, so I know what it's like.
As for the awareness webkinz, great idea! I think it would be neat to have them come out with a new one every month. Because a lot of diseases and whatnot have an awareness month like autism and juvenile diabetes and you get the picture. But yes, I think it would be wonderful to have those webbies out there to raise awareness.
koalakinzforever is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

I've heard and read a bit about lupus (I know many diseases, I found this medical book when I was younger. My mom hid it from me now, so XD)
I think posing a lupus animal might be frigtening to some children. however, they could release a wolf, and you could name is Lupus.
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
smarly has a spectacular aura about

i love that idea more people should know more obout lupus so i think you are doing good
smarly is offline Female
Old 04-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
Gifted

kathstew is a name known to allkathstew is a name known to allkathstew is a name known to all

thank you to everyone who is supporting this cause! I will be e-mailing ganz over and over until we see results!
kathstew is offline Female
Closed