Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 03:31 AM   #1
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Asking GANZ for a "Trick or Treat" game! Any ideas?

In discussing Halloween pumpkin Jack-o-lanterns on another thread, Ouscream wrote:
View Post Originally Posted by ouscream
I think that would be a very fun and festive idea for ganz to come out with. They usually do the same thing around halloween; furniture in the w-shop, new foods, presents, etc. It would be pretty cool if they came out with something more interactive for us. Some kind of new "trick or treating" game would be fun.
I agree. It's all about the animated and interactive stuff! Maybe they'll have it in time for next Halloween. Hey! Once they figure out how to program it, they can do the same thing with decorating Easter eggs! How awesome to have giant colorful eggs to add a festive, springtime feeling to WW!

Ooo-ooo! A "Trick or Treat" game! They could make it like:

"Wishing Well", only with a crystal ball of swirling mist instead of a well with rippling water;

"Don't Rock the Boat", but with a haunted house instead of a boat -- go up creaky stairs and have to choose one of three doors;

"Gem Mining" where you walk down a Halloween decorated street and ring the doorbell of a house (you get 3-5 tries, and, unlike the mines, you get something -good or bad- on each try);

"Charm Forest" to circulate at a party, see Webkinz in costume and have to choose which are your "friends" who will share their goodies and which are the Bad Fairy in disguise;

or a spin-the-wheel format similar to "Wheel of Wow", but creaky and creepy.

The prizes should be something good (most of the time), something neutral (some of the time), and something negative (very rarely). They could be the Halloween-y recipe foods, gunk, and even something scary like the pirate ghost. If a ghost pops up it should often be a friendly ghost (maybe a Zangoz-ghost or a pet in a ghost costume) that gives a good-natured "Boo!"; and if it lowers your pet's happiness it should be just a few points.

If a scary ghost or witch comes up, I wouldn't mind if it shrieked! I haven't seen the pirate ghost yet, but my very young niece (who is usually sensitive to those things) kinda likes it -- she gets startled, not scared. A scarier game should come with a warning.

There should be sound effects, blinking eyes, and swirling mist!

Any other suggestions for ways to make a "Trick or Treat" game? What kind of game would you like to play? What kinds of "tricks" or "treats" should it involve? Keep the ideas flowing!

Last edited by Arbee; 10-07-2008 at 09:49 AM..
Arbee is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #2
Gift Trainee

Arbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of lightArbee is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Asking GANZ for a "Trick or Treat" game! Who wants one?

What do you think?

I'm hoping you will post your suggestions and opinions on getting Ganz to create a holiday game for us to enjoy throughout the month! Maybe they'll work on getting it ready for next year!

(This post got buried in the flurry of excitement about the new Halloween items, so I'm bringing it up again.)
Arbee is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
oink
Gifted

naomiglasc is a name known to allnaomiglasc is a name known to allnaomiglasc is a name known to all

Default Re: Asking GANZ for a "Trick or Treat" game! Any ideas?

What about if there could be a game where you could use a knife to carve a pumpkin and everytime you would be up against other players. You could access it through the clubhouse and it would be like chef challenge, and there would be 4 players. In the clubhouse rooms there could be 20 people. The person who won would get a maximum of 100 kinzcash.
naomiglasc is offline Female
Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
Gift Guru

ouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to behold

aww shucks lol, I think your ideas are awesome! I cannot wait untill halloween !!!
ouscream is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 AM   #5
To the invisible (:
Webkinz :)

In The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to beholdIn The Sun is a splendid one to behold

Hello, Ok. My idea is trick or treat profile style. As you may know the Webkinz World My Page is out for most people. So you would have a tray of candy that the profile owner gets to pick. Then you click the tray and you get your candy. I think this would be a fun safe way to explore WW people and get a treat on top of that.

- Yours Truly In The Sun
In The Sun is offline Female
Old 10-09-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

This has got to be one of the greatest idea threads ever. Rep!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #7
Lil Kinz
soccerfan23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool Love the idea of a trick or treat game cool!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:09 AM   #8
Can't believe I'm a
Gift Guru

snugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wondersnugglebunny72 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Ideas for Halloween games:

Costume Challenge - similar to the Fashion class at the academy, except instead of trying to copy the outfit, you would be given so many items - each worth a certain point value - to try and make a costume. You would have to achieve so many points to move to the next round.

Halloween Match - Like the Shoe Match job at the Employment Office - instead of shoes, there would be Halloween items

Candy Bash - instead of catching candy in a sombrero, you could have a trick or treat bag. The kitty that flies by could drop licorice bats, pumpkin pops, or the phantom pop - that you would get in your dock!

Trick or Treat - a version of the Home Before Dark game. The goal would be to get to as many houses as possible for candy. But beware - don't go to the houses where no one is home - they would be dark with no lights - because you would lose your candy!

These are just a few ideas off the top of my head. I think it would be great if Ganz would vary the games in the spirit of the holidays!
snugglebunny72 is offline Female
Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #9
Gift Guru

ouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to behold

Wow, I'm still loving all these ideas! Maybe, one year if we're lucky, Ganz will suprise us with a Halloween game one year.
ouscream is offline Female
Closed