Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #71
Gifted

webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!webkinz901 is not just visiting!

Donation Award 
Default Re: American This, American That...But What About Canada?

Well if you really think about it, Canada is part of America, but I do see your point. Though I live in the U.S., I would like to see something like A Canadian Goose, too. GANZ could also celebrate Canadian holidays, like Canadian Thanksgiving. Thanks for bringing this up. ((rep))

~Webbiekinz901
webkinz901 is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #72
Gift Guru

hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!hoops2614 is headed for the top!

I agree! (even though I am American) I think a Canadian goose would be cool. Maybe a few more tropical animals...that would be a different way to mix it up a bit
hoops2614 is offline Female
Old 11-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #73
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

I am American, and I agree! I think it would be awesome to celebrate some Canadian holidays! America is all about diversity!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:31 PM   #74
scubaflying
Webkinz :)

PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero
PeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a heroPeaceOut was born a hero

I live in the US but I still get what your saying (I live in Mi). I love your idea of a canadian goose, I see real ones all the time.
PeaceOut is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #75
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by snowvillage
What's with all you people? American Cocker is a sanctioned breed. Canada is also American as is Mexico. Ganz isn't saying the "US Cocker" or the "US Buffalo". We proud citizens of the United States need to realize that we don't have a lock on America. It's a CONTINENT, for heavens sake!
Find something else to whine about. (And tke a close look at the poor Webkinz reindeer....he's not reindeer at all. That's a moose.)

Snowvillage
Okay.... Small semantics lesson. American, if you take the time to look in any dictionary, refers only to someone or something from the United States of America. If you want to refer to the three countries of North America and their citizens or animal species, you must say North American, not simply American. Yes, it is a continent, but, sorry, you cannot call either a Mexican or a Canadian an American and be correct. The word only represents the area of the continent otherwise called the United States. US citizens are Americans, not United Statesians. I am Canadian or North American, but never American. This is a fact in every dictionary you care to look in.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 12:33 PM   #76
HH75

IDK what is canadenin animals

Useless poster,
HH75
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #77
OW! I'm a
Gift Guru

Azriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to beholdAzriel is a splendid one to behold

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
Does it really even matter if Ganz put the title "American" in just four pet names? I mean, seriously! I think some of you guys are overreacting a little. American doesn't necessarily mean the U.S. (also, Buffalos and Bisons are completely different species). And webkinz pets are diverse. Like I said earlier, it doesn't make any sense to say that the current webkinz "are not diverse enough"; think about all the webkinz they have: dragons, unicorns, dinosaurs, elephants, grey langurs, whales, a bunch of different fishs and birds from all around the world, snakes, the rhino, and all of those other jungle animals they have. Is that not enough variety for you?
Actually it does matter... Look at the Golden Retriever and American Golden Retriever... was that necessary? By putting American or any other title on it Ganz is using it as a way to make practically the same pet. We just cringe at the thought of them using these titles as a way to use the exact same template rather than being more creative like they did for the grey langur, whales, fish, birds..etc...

And, yes, buffalo and bison are completely different species... yet the American Buffalo really is a bison... and it's called a buffalo... man people must think we are crazy.
Azriel is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #78
Asacardimus
Gift Guru

Asacardimus is an unparalleled talent
Asacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talentAsacardimus is an unparalleled talent

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 3 

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz901
Well if you really think about it, Canada is part of America, but I do see your point. Though I live in the U.S., I would like to see something like A Canadian Goose, too. GANZ could also celebrate Canadian holidays, like Canadian Thanksgiving. Thanks for bringing this up. ((rep))

~Webbiekinz901
Same semantics lesson. No, Canada is not part of America. It is part of North America. The only place America refers to is the United States.

Also. The American Cocker Spaniel was a breed developed in the United States only. There is, on the other hand, no such actual animal as the American Buffalo. There is, as the rest of the world will happily remind you, a North American Buffalo or Bison. And that animal was found throughout the North American continent's northern segment, crossing the US-Canada border.

But I agree totally, I would love to see Canadian holidays celebrated on WW.
Asacardimus is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 02:28 PM   #79
aves to the
Gift Guru

koalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guidekoalakinzforever is a golden guide

View Post Originally Posted by Asacardimus
Okay.... Small semantics lesson. American, if you take the time to look in any dictionary, refers only to someone or something from the United States of America. If you want to refer to the three countries of North America and their citizens or animal species, you must say North American, not simply American. Yes, it is a continent, but, sorry, you cannot call either a Mexican or a Canadian an American and be correct. The word only represents the area of the continent otherwise called the United States. US citizens are Americans, not United Statesians. I am Canadian or North American, but never American. This is a fact in every dictionary you care to look in.
Oh, yay! Thanks for that! I somehow wanted to say this, but I had no idea how! I guess I had a brain malfunction, 'cause this is a pretty simple explanation...
koalakinzforever is offline Female
Old 12-01-2008, 03:56 PM   #80
BeEf JeRkY!!!
Webkinz :)

madness151 is just really nicemadness151 is just really nice

True so true. Something like a maple leaf bear, canadian horse, chocolate moose, and canada goose. Yeah I think it is okay for it to be a american animal as long as it's real! Come on American cocker spaniel. A american red squirrel would ROCK!
madness151 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
it's sunny time!!, king hoopla rocks!, kinz crazy waz here :p, true so true