Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #31
OW - I love fall!
Gift Guru

Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!Red Fire is the bees knees!

WI Subscriber
Donation Level 2 
Default Re: American This, American That...But What About Canada?

As an American, I can agree that the whole 'American' theme can become overwhelming for others outside the US. But, I also believe that it is descriptive in nature for the most part.

For example, the American Buffalo is completely different from the Water Buffalo or Cape Buffalo, and their plush was created to look like the American Buffalo or Bison.

The American Albino, while not actually an Albino and instead is a Dominant White horse because it does not have pink irises, is the descriptive name of any number of horses that are white in color. This can include Quarter and Arabian horses.

While there does not seem to be much difference between the English Cocker Spaniel and the American Cocker Spaniel other that the size (since they were bread from the English version), this one I would have to concur that the use of American is unnecessary.

I would love to see a moose though! It is one of my favorite animals! And I certainly would not be offended if they called it a Canadian Moose, even though you can find them in northern America, Europe and Asia.

Last edited by Red Fire; 11-29-2008 at 11:14 AM..
Red Fire is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #32
Anti Twilight.
Webkinz :)

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by LunarKitten
I agree with this. As a Canadian, it is kind of upsetting that Ganz, a Canadian company is not recognizing its roots more. I'd love to see some more Canadian pets, as well as recognition of Canadian Holidays! We didn't get a thing for Canadian Thanksgiving, for example!

As for pets, how about a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever? Or a Newfoundland Dog?

I suppose though, if you want to get into the nitty gritty, the Labradors (Yellow, Chocolate, and Black) are Canadian "invented" dogs.

exactly!They treated it just like any other day in webkinz world!
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #33
I'M BLUE! [DamDaDo]
Gifted

webkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to allwebkinz_lover_ is a name known to all

And Ganz was originally founded in Canada, I beilieve.
Just one Canadian Webkinz, and I would be perfectly happy.
webkinz_lover_ is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 11:16 AM   #34
Gift Guru

AddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond repute

well i think that there is actually a dog called American Cocker Spaniel
its kinda funny about the buffalo thing because they kinda snuck the american buffalo name in there lol

but your right , im canadain too
im not a fan of geese ... but a webkinz canadian goose would be cool
But i would LOVE a Canadian beaver !
you know what else i would LOVE to have ?
On Vancouver island there is this special type of marmot ONLY on Vancouver island!
the vancouver island marrmot is one of the most endangered mammles in the world!

---------- AddictedToAnime21 added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

click the link below to go to a photo gallery of the marmots
http://www.marmots.org/gallery.htm#

Last edited by AddictedToAnime21; 11-29-2008 at 11:16 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
AddictedToAnime21 is offline Male
Old 11-29-2008, 11:21 AM   #35
Headstrong and
Gifted

sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!sweetnspicy is the cats pajamas!

I am American-and all these American pets are so boring.I have never been to Canada so I think having Candian pets would be cool.Ganz should branch out,Canadian Gesse,moose,beaver anbd etc would be soo cooool!
sweetnspicy is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #36
snowvillage
Webkinz :)

snowvillage is an unknown quantity at this point

What's with all you people? American Cocker is a sanctioned breed. Canada is also American as is Mexico. Ganz isn't saying the "US Cocker" or the "US Buffalo". We proud citizens of the United States need to realize that we don't have a lock on America. It's a CONTINENT, for heavens sake!
Find something else to whine about. (And tke a close look at the poor Webkinz reindeer....he's not reindeer at all. That's a moose.)

Snowvillage
Old 11-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #37
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

Um, what about Labrador Retrievers? Three of them? Also Reindeer too.
I think a goose whould be nice, as well as a beaver and moose. I would dearly love a Canadian Lynx!
big2gray is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 11:58 AM   #38
Gift Trainee

76dimples has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by snowvillage
What's with all you people? American Cocker is a sanctioned breed. Canada is also American as is Mexico. Ganz isn't saying the "US Cocker" or the "US Buffalo". We proud citizens of the United States need to realize that we don't have a lock on America. It's a CONTINENT, for heavens sake!
Find something else to whine about. (And tke a close look at the poor Webkinz reindeer....he's not reindeer at all. That's a moose.)

Snowvillage
Yep Canada, United States, and Mexico are all in North America. And there's also a South America below all of us North Americans :-)
76dimples is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #39
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by koalakinzforever
Okay, so, you've probably noticed that there is a webkinz American cocker spaniel, American Golden retriever, yadda yadda yadda. But what I'm saying here is that they're making everything American, but there are a lot of Canadians (including myself) who play webkinz, and most would probably like something to be Canadian. like a Canada Goose for instance. That would be cute. Or even a moose or beaver would do. Just something to show that Ganz likes Canada, too...well, at least I hope they do. Supposedly they're a Canadian company, but, whatever. Maybe they'll end up with an American red squirrel...I love those guys. That one I wouldn't mind, though, because that's actually what it's called. I think that the other American things are just a lazy idea. Now, if they had an american cocker spaniel but not a regular one, then I wouldn't mind so much. Oh, and there's the American buffalo. That one I don't mind as much, but still, I think one is enough, and isn't just plain buffalo good enough? There are buffalo in other countries, too, and they look about the same to me...

anyways, that's just my opinion. Feel free to dissagree, I could care less.

~KKF

lol KKF, but you've got a point.

I believe GANZ did this because we're in NORTH AMERICA in case you didn't notice. and AMERICA part is canada AND America, geddit? M'kay.

~HP
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 11-29-2008, 12:06 PM   #40
Gift Guru

AddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond reputeAddictedToAnime21 has a reputation beyond repute

im pretty sure they are talking about America as in USA

---------- AddictedToAnime21 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by big2gray
Um, what about Labrador Retrievers? Three of them? Also Reindeer too.
I think a goose whould be nice, as well as a beaver and moose. I would dearly love a Canadian Lynx!
hahah i TOTALLY forgot about the labs

Last edited by AddictedToAnime21; 11-29-2008 at 12:06 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
AddictedToAnime21 is offline Male
Closed

Tags
it's sunny time!!, king hoopla rocks!, kinz crazy waz here :p, true so true