Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 02:52 AM   #1
Sallz
Gift Guru
SallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud of

Default Adults versus children

I have made a number of posts about my general frustration that the Ganz programmers have made games so hard that even adults can't do that well on them. I have also read posts in which parents record their children are getting bored with Webkinz because they can't play the games or progress at Kinzville Academy. I know that this difference in the Webkinz constituents is a problem, but can't Ganz find a better way to solve the problem than to make games and KA so difficult that even adults have problems?

(1) Why doesn't Ganz do a questionnaire outside of Webkinz world? Ganz has our email addresses (or most of us would be glad to supply them), and they could ask us a lot of questions (including demographic ones) to help target the appropriate difficulty level.

(2) Why doesn't Ganz establish different levels at KA? KA is currently modeled on high school (i.e., we all start off as freshmen). Why not have elementary school, junior high, high school, and college? Adults would have to progress through the lower levels to get to high school and college, but a 9-year-old isn't going to stress about not getting to college; it's the adults who would keep at it to replicate their educational level. This would also give Ganz a chance to vary the classes (I mean, grooming is really making me crazy: who cares what Plumpy's hair looks like?!). Such a division would probably take longer and take more KC, but maybe Ganz would be able to catch the interest of some young people and ultimately challenge some adults without making it impossible. I do worry about making education so frustrating that everyone then just ignores it.

(3) Some of the games are getting so hard that adults can't play them well, so why doesn't Ganz just establish a maximum of earnings possible? I don't mind if trophys are random, but why should games be made so hard that kids don't enjoy them? I'm boycotting Pizza Palace at the moment because I don't think it's possible to get through level 17. I admit that I may weaken tomorrow when I can play it for additional KC (I need the money), but basically I am quite annoyed because the promise of education is that, if you work hard and practice, you can improve, but I have lost that faith in Pizza Palace: I don't believe that I can improve because I think level 17 is programmed to make us fail. Any teacher can fail an entire class by making an exam too hard, but an exam that is too hard doesn't speak to the students' abilities: it only means a teacher doesn't understand his or her craft.

Webkinz is a great website, and it's better than the others that I've tried, but my irritation at the programming only enhances my irritation at the merchandising and makes me wonder if it is just another rip-off, money-making scheme that pretends to be something else. I don't mind if an educational and recreational webite makes money for the company, but then the company has to make it educational and fun for everyone.

:ccat: and a floral fox
SallyAnne is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 AM   #2
Gasp! I'm GREEN!
Gift Guru

lotusfairy is just really nicelotusfairy is just really nice

Default Re: Adults versus children

Well said! I agree with you 100%. My own kids don't play on WW anymore, because the games are too hard. I take care of their accounts by doing the dailies and buying rares for them and they enjoy decorating their rooms. They refuse to do the academy at all and get bored easily with any new games that come along because they can't get very far. And I have to admit that I don't play them much anymore either. on the other hand, some of the dailies are so easy that they too are boring. WOW and Wishing Well in particular. I do them because they are easy money but... YAWN...
There needs to be a happy medium... different difficulty levels. Thanks for this thread. Rep to ya!
lotusfairy is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #3
Webkinz :)
webcrazy has a spectacular aura aboutwebcrazy has a spectacular aura about

Yes! VERY well said.
I'm sure you are speaking for alot of us parents who find the same frustrations and are just going through the motion of the dailies on our kids' accounts.
You have some great suggestions. I hope you can convey them to Ganz and that they take them under some serious advisement!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #4
TwilightGirlz2
Gift Guru

kinzgirl2 is a jewel in the roughkinzgirl2 is a jewel in the rough

My daughter and I both struggle with some of the games. Some of the other activities can be frustrating too. All and all there are still many-many things we enjoy doing on wkw. Great post, I enjoyed reading it and others perspectives. There is always room for improvements and I believe Ganz does try.
kinzgirl2 is offline Female
Old 01-05-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
Sallz
Gift Guru
SallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud ofSallyAnne has much to be proud of

Thanks for all the comments, and here's another story for you. One of my friends has two children (9 and 11), who loved Webkinz--for about a month. And then they got frustrated and bored with the games, so my friend is basically taking care of both of their accounts and playing games to make KC so that they are able to redecorate their rooms (which they still enjoy).

I haven't sent my comments to Ganz because I assumed that they monitor Webkinzinsider!

:ccat: and a floral fox
SallyAnne is offline Female
Closed