Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 PM   #11
Banned
Disvol is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 10 Ways to Make Webkinz World Better

I cant help but wonder if Ganz doesnt use these boards and forums for research. I have an idea that there are Ganz employees lurking and visiting these boards. Still, wouldnt these ideas have more impact if say 1000 people got behind them and posted that they like them.

It could become like a mini petition.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 04:47 PM   #12
Banned

See this is whats frustrating here. Posts like Ganz called a ripoff with inflammatory titles get hundreds of views and lots of responses and attention.

But a well thought out post for suggestions to make the site better gets buried and lost underneath hundreds of posts that are emotionally reactionary.

*Sigh*
Old 09-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
ask me for it!!
Gifted

bballqueen13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I really like those suggestions!!! Great ideas and I totally agree on them!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #14
Gifted

WebkinzGram is just really niceWebkinzGram is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by Disvol
See this is whats frustrating here. Posts like Ganz called a ripoff with inflammatory titles get hundreds of views and lots of responses and attention.

But a well thought out post for suggestions to make the site better gets buried and lost underneath hundreds of posts that are emotionally reactionary.

*Sigh*
Hi, Disvol - Douglas Adams (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) once said, "Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws." It's an unfortunate reality of human nature. So sad.

That certainly doesn't diminish the wonderful value of your post or your ideas. It just means that, unfortunately, you're going to have to work harder to get your ideas noticed because, ironically, you're not complaining about anything. Weird but true.

As for Ganz lurking about the forum, I think it's highly unlikely. For one thing, there are dozens upon dozens of Webkinz-related websites out there in cyberspace - we're just a single dot on that big tapestry. Of course, having occasionally whizzed through some of them, I have to say that I repeatedly prove to myself that I picked the best one to park my keyboard in, but how would Ganz know that. And they're busy enough with internal stuff - they hardly have the time or inclination to pay folks to lurk in cyberspace. And one unfortunate thing about forums everywhere is that it is very time consuming and tedious to find posts that are very specific to the topics you want to discuss or monitor. This forum is no different - on any given day, you can find hundreds of posts about things would not be of any interest to someone just wanting to monitor comments from posters about complaints or suggestions for improvement. It takes me longer than I'd like just to find posts that interest me as a regular Webkinz World member. And then within the threads, it takes time to wade through all the re-quotes and one-liner thank-you's to find stuff I might want to comment or myself or save for future reference. I can't even begin to imagine Ganz wasting time doing that just to see if there is any useful information to be gleaned for their purposes.

That doesn't negate the theory that possibly some of the forum members have cultivated a relationship with some Ganz employees and are passing information along to them as they see fit, and then who knows what happens to it once it gets into their system. I know that the support person that I talk to regularly at Ganz has told me on more than one occasion that she has passed some of my concerns and suggestions on to other team members at staff meetings or just pushed it up the ladder in an effort to reach the right person to make future changes. I'm sure that happens here as well.

But honestly, even if 1,000 people viewed and responded in this thread that they loved your ideas, while it may certainly make for a feel-good kinda day, it is still highly unlikely the ideas would ever reach Ganz - unless you personally email them at support@ganz.com. And eventually, if you develop your own relationship with support personnel, pass it on to them as well and ask them to forward it for you to the right people. I will definitely do that myself with your ideas as well as those I have had on my own. I often mention things to my support rep that I've read about in the forum and she seems very interested and happy to learn about them.

You might be surprised to learn that the Ganz staff of customer service reps actually know LESS about Webkinz World than we do! Shortly before the Humvee was due to come up in the Curio Shop, there were problems with the system. I don't remember what they were, but whatever it was, was serious enough for me to call and joke to her that I was going to have a serious case of "virtual road rage" if I was unable to get into the Curio Shop in time to buy the Humvee. After laughing, her first response was, "Oh, the Humvee's going to be in the Curio Shop? How do you know that? I've been wanting to get one for forever!" They are not privy to any insider information, nor do they get any extra perks as a result of working for Ganz. And they lose stuff in their accounts just as we do! Small consolation, I know, but I thought you'd be interested in knowing that.

In any case, maybe we should all try and keep this thread (and others like it) alive by bumping it to the top every few days. I certainly think it's a keeper, and I would truly love to see your ideas implemented!

WebkinzGram
Old 09-06-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
kjtdancer95

super ideas but i dont think ganz would listen
Old 09-06-2007, 06:17 PM   #16
IDK...my bff jill??
Gifted

PinkLover4394 will become famous soon enough

Smile Re: 10 Ways to Make Webkinz World Better

I agree with EVERYTHING you said....I think you should send this to GANZ and let them read it. =]
Old 09-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #17
Banned

I dont think any other board compares with this one in number of web hits. Weve had over 1 million posts made.

Id be very shocked if Ganz didnt have a handful of Beta Testers Idea developers within house to make certain the games were fresh, functional, and fun.

Maybe they come here and maybe the dont.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:00 PM   #18
d a r l i n g;]
Gifted

webkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond reputewebkinzrules4ever has a reputation beyond repute

I like most of them but number 7. It's fun trying to get retired things. Plus if it did it once and month it would be possilbe for you to have 12 blue dragster. I know; thats sound great. But after a while it won't be great. You get bored of it.
webkinzrules4ever is offline Female
Old 09-07-2007, 12:09 PM   #19
toys4toons
Gifted

crazyhorse will become famous soon enough

O would love to be able to trade cards and gems in the club house along w/ rare items.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #20
MzB
Webkinz :)

MzB is an unknown quantity at this point

Kids here are only 5 and 7 years old...the employment jobs way too hard! Would love to see more for the small frye that are addicted to webkinz too.
Closed