Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Ideas For Ganz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Peter Capaldi
Gift Guru

sarahgotchi knows the way
sarahgotchi knows the waysarahgotchi knows the way

Thumbs up ~Lupus Awareness~ Pets, PSIs, and PSFs created by our own WI members.

Click the image to open in full size.
Made by WI member DTF95

What is Lupus?
Lupus is an auto-immune disease. When I say immune, I mean as in your "immune system". You probably all know that your immune system is what fights off diseases and bacteria. However, an auto-immune disease is the opposite of this. This means that your body becomes "confused", and your immune system fight your OWN body, and starts to destroy tissues from the inside. This is very painful (DUH!).

Lupus is acquired through genetics. 90% of lupus patients are women. It also occurs more commonly in African-Americans and Asians than whites or other nationalities.
Even if you were born with lupus, you may never have any symptoms. Lupus is triggered through an emotional or stressful event.
Symptoms vary widely, between rashes, constant joint pains, mood swings, and extreme sleepiness and exhaustion.

Scientists don't know much about lupus, and 80% of the public does not even know what lupus is.
I find this very disheartening, as it is more common than some types of cancer.
My math teacher passed away from this disease, and ever since I have been trying to get the word out. To help you understand the symptoms better, I'm including a few personal memories.
The first year I knew her, she was gone for over 3/4 of the year, because she was too weak to do anything. The second year, her classroom was moved from the second floor to the first floor because she couldn't climb the stairs. During classes with her, she often had a temper.

For another personal account from our very own WI member kathstew, check out this thread:
Lupus - The Disease I Live With

You can also check out more information at the official Lupus Foundation site:
Lupus Foundation of America

Made by WI member taytertots

I would like to suggest to Ganz that they make a lupus awareness pet. On the link to the thread above (The one by kathstew, not the Lupus Foundation) she talks about her struggle with Ganz and how they refused to make a lupus awareness campaign in October, although they did one for breast cancer awareness. You see, lupus awareness month was originally in October as well. However, they changed it because people were too busy caring about breast cancer awareness to even know lupus existed. I believe that if enough of us support lupus awareness, Ganz can't just ignore us. Even if they refuse to support lupus, we still do and that's what matters.

Without further ado, our Lupus Awareness Webkinz pets.

Made by WI member kitthyb54

Made by WI member olioliok

Made by WI member Dwarfhamster101

Made by WI member Quack Quack

Made by WI member kinzmom1924

Spread the word about lupus!
sarahgotchi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
Gifted

Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish
Cheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fishCheesy1 won a staring contest with a fish

Default Re: ~Lupus Awareness~ Pets, PSIs, and PSFs created by our own WI members.

I definitely support your idea! Thank you for sharing your idea and thanks to all the members who provided ideas of possible pets, PSIs and PSFs
Cheesy1 is offline Female
Old 04-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
ShootingStars•°˜”° ҉
Gifted

mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss
mickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a bossmickey26 is a boss

Default Re: ~Lupus Awareness~ Pets, PSIs, and PSFs created by our own WI members.

These are such wonderful ideas!
Thank you to every WI member who contributed to raising awareness!
It is an honor to support this.
mickey26 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #4
ill be loved
Gift Guru

jenniferpro has disabled reputation

Jenn approves LOL
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

This would be wonderful! I both have a Violetwing Butterfly, and a scoliosis brace with purple butterflies on it (I originally just thought it would be really cute, but now I realize that it can have a deeper meaning ).

I love these ideas for pets! I'd totally buy some. Especially the Lightning Bug!
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 04-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Baby_G has disabled reputation

Very wonderful ideas! It touches me to see everyone's enthusiasm at raising awareness, I definitely support all of these ideas!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Glad to be
Gifted

tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence
tiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellencetiffc is the epitome of excellence

What a fantastic idea! I don't know very much about Lupus, but I think it could be the next fundraising campaign. Also more people will know about it too! I say that perhaps October could be Breast Cancer Awareness AND Lupus Awareness month.

Is there a symbol for Lupus? Maybe that could be incorporated into the Webkinz pet itself, whatever that may be.
tiffc is offline Female
Old 04-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Kai+Ky+Sky
Webkinz :)

kailyn31 is on a distinguished road

All those look awesome!! That would be so cool for like disease awareness pets.
kailyn31 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
put a Wacky here!
Gifted

webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise
webkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguisewebkinzlover400 is Justin in disguise

great ideas!
i love the lupus greyhound!
webkinzlover400 is offline Female
Old 04-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
Webkinz :)

blackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonderblackylove123 wows us all with wonder

AAWW The greyhound..AHEM....the LUPUS Greyhound is ADORABLE!!!! Ganz SHOULD make these. but you know, they always want to get their own ideas. but you never know!
blackylove123 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
lupus♥, you are beautiful!