Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Head to the Pollz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: Do you find it annoying?
Yes! I hate that! 3533.02%
Ehh...Doesn't bother me. 1816.98%
Oh, SWEETHEART, you take things too personally. 1211.32%
Only sometimes. 3432.08%
Torquise Monkey Banana Punch! 76.60%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
♥♥
Gifted

runlikethewind is an unparalleled talent
runlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talentrunlikethewind is an unparalleled talent

Red face "Oh, SWEETHEART."

So, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I HATE when somebody calls me sweetheart, honey, baby, etc. I find it incredibly condescending. It's very common for girls my age to use these little pet names, and I can't stand it. Guys I'm talking to will also do it. I don't know that everyone means it to sound so demeaning, but regardless, I automatically assume they do mean it that way.

My logic: Whenever I refer to someone with one of these names, I mean to make them feel dumb.

^Haha, that makes all the sense in the world doesn't it? Anyway, do any of you feel the same?

BTW this is my 4th poll TONIGHT. I'm talented (which really means I have no life...).

Last edited by runlikethewind; 11-23-2012 at 04:33 AM..
runlikethewind is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Rye
Webkinz :)
Rye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of glory
Rye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of gloryRye is on the edge of glory

Default Re: "Oh, SWEETHEART."

Only sometimes. Those are names only my parents use on me, and they usually use them with affection (not to be condescending) and it doesn't bother me at all.

Wait--Now I think about it, a girl did call me sweetheart once. It really irritated me, because although I think she was trying to be nice, the way she said it was like she thought she was oh so much older and wiser than me, when she was only a few years older. But she's a sweet person and I don't think she meant to come across that way.

Last edited by Rye; 11-23-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Rye is offline Female
Old 11-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #3

The Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glitters
The Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glittersThe Puppy Lover is all that glitters

I only say these words when I'm talking down to a younger person, making fun of someone or to a very close friend (Since they do it to me right back.) I don't think it's the worst thing to be called, seeing as there are plenty of other terms that I'd rather not be called.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #4

cutiebug343 defies all odds
cutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all oddscutiebug343 defies all odds

I hate it when someone I'm not close to calls me names like that. I'd call a close friend by one of them and wouldn't mind at all if they called me one back, and I'm fine with my mom using them on me.
I do use pet names for some people online, though, but I'm pretty familiar with those people.
cutiebug343 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
Gifted

honeyluv55 is a forum hero
honeyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum herohoneyluv55 is a forum hero

I hate it all ways around. I also hate it when friends call each other "babe" or "love" and they are just platonically friends.
honeyluv55 is offline Female
Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #6

rainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicness
rainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicnessrainzz is epic beyond epicness

I kinda like it.
It's sweet c:
Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
ForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tell
ForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tellForeverMe has too much Rep to tell

With certain people, it's fine. Like besides my parents, there are two or three adults that I'm fine with them calling me pet names like that. If someone my age just randomly started calling me honey, even of they were a friend, I would probably get annoyed.
ForeverMe is offline Female
Old 11-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
SNAAKKEE!

Snake has disabled reputation

There are limits on it. If it's from like some random old lady or something i'm fine with that. But from teenagers or something...? No.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #9
support the blue

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

It depends on who's saying it. xD
If it's my dh, then I love it! If it's a random guy trying to sell me a car, then NO.
I use affectionate terms for my famiy, but rarely for anyone else. ..except little kids, I sometimes call them sweety.
Desty is offline Female
Old 11-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #10
inchesters
Gift Guru

JudoBoo is a forum hero
JudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum heroJudoBoo is a forum hero

It gets annoying really fast for me. I work in a coffee shop, too, so I get called sweetheart a lot xP
JudoBoo is offline Female
Closed

Tags
applesauce, beachgirl :), bedroom hymns, bradying, harry styles. marry me?, i will go the distance, i ♥ princess bride!, pokemans, senioritis, stop it haymitch, the random family, think outside the [box], vanilla chai♥, where doing it man, where making this hapen, you are beautiful!, yours for the keeping♥