Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Head to the Pollz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: Do you think cheerleading is a sport
Yes! 2956.86%
No 1733.33%
I never thought about that 35.88%
lovemywebbies only please 23.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #31
i luv adam lambert&a
Webkinz :)

webkinzduck12 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzduck12 is a glorious beacon of lightwebkinzduck12 is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Do you think cheerleading is a sport?

yeah i gues it is because its competitive(spelling) and your doing something other then sitting on your **** so yeah i guess it is
webkinzduck12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #32
i am a viking.

iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by MaddieLynn
I'm not trying to be mean, at all, but just to point out, westiegirl13:
- More than one person lifts a girl (typically 6 or 7 people lift one)
- You lift the smallest girl, usually
- Being very stiff doesn't sound..... hard (that's just what it sounds like. if it is, i apologize)
- Yelling so hard you can't talk isn't athletic, really....

I am NOT trying to be mean, offensive, ANYTHING like that. And if I am, LMK. I'm just making some points.

-Sydney
well, at the place i did competitive cheerleading, there was only 4 girls lifting the girl up. & that girl isn't just standing there, (well the older you get.) & they had to do flips & all sorts of things *removed portion of your sentence*

& its not always the smallest girl. when you are younger it is, but when you get older, its usually the girl who is most flexible & best at stunts.

i think what she means by stiff, is strong, durable, unmoving, etc. if you move, you may cause that girl to fall, and break her nose or worse. i've seen this happen, & it even happened to me. i was a flyer, and the one girl sneezed, and moved her hand and i fell. we were very young at the time. but accidents happen, and you do have to be very careful, and strong.

i had sore throats from all the yelling we did, and also, you have to dance & lift 90-120 pound girls up in the air. it is 100% a sport, and rated the most dangerous of them all.

just to clear that up

Removed one portion of your comment as it was not appropriate.
~ TTGTTG

Last edited by TTG; 10-25-2009 at 10:50 AM..
iheartmistfeb16 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #33

ach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm really not sure?

And, WHY IS CHEERLEADING THE MOST DANGEROUS SPORT? Sorry for the CAPS, but I asked somone and they never answered.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #34

Vivi20 has disabled reputation

Hmm, maybe?
Vivi20 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 06:28 PM   #35
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Absolutely. I am a coach and I know that my girls work just as hard as the girls in other sports do.
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #36
i am a viking.

iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by ach620
I'm really not sure?

And, WHY IS CHEERLEADING THE MOST DANGEROUS SPORT? Sorry for the CAPS, but I asked somone and they never answered.
because i don't know if you've ever seen a competition but well.. go look up on youtube competitive cheerleading competitions and just imagine, if one of those girls are up in the air & someone dropped them... & think about what may happen..
Old 10-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #37
ツ JenKittyCat

cocoabean has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by MaddieLynn
I'm not trying to be mean, at all, but just to point out, westiegirl13:
- More than one person lifts a girl (typically 6 or 7 people lift one)
- You lift the smallest girl, usually
- Being very stiff doesn't sound..... hard (that's just what it sounds like. if it is, i apologize)
- Yelling so hard you can't talk isn't athletic, really....

I am NOT trying to be mean, offensive, ANYTHING like that. And if I am, LMK. I'm just making some points.

-Sydney
It's usually only 3 or 4 that lift one and it is really 2 doing the work, the back person or "spotter" is only providing much of the strength needed if she is considerably taller than the 2 main bases.

Being stiff and doing the motions even for a short while is very difficult and physically tiring. Yelling while you are doing it is even more difficult.

It is tough to understand if you've never done it though!

View Post Originally Posted by Thriller
Well, I'm not rlly sure...I don't think it's really a 'sport' but it IS athletic, of course.. yet so is running, but you don't call running a sport.
But, that's just my opinion, of course. I think there is no right or wrong answer as to if it's a sport or not, I think it's just people's opinions. One person could think it is, another person might not. It all depends.
Watch a cheer competition on ESPN and you'll see!

View Post Originally Posted by iheartmistfeb16
well, at the place i did competitive cheerleading, there was only 4 girls lifting the girl up. & that girl isn't just standing there, (well the older you get.) & they had to do flips & all sorts of things i gurantee you can't even attempt to do.

& its not always the smallest girl. when you are younger it is, but when you get older, its usually the girl who is most flexible & best at stunts.

i think what she means by stiff, is strong, durable, unmoving, etc. if you move, you may cause that girl to fall, and break her nose or worse. i've seen this happen, & it even happened to me. i was a flyer, and the one girl sneezed, and moved her hand and i fell. we were very young at the time. but accidents happen, and you do have to be very careful, and strong.

i had sore throats from all the yelling we did, and also, you have to dance & lift 90-120 pound girls up in the air. it is 100% a sport, and rated the most dangerous of them all.

just to clear that up
View Post Originally Posted by ach620
I'm really not sure?

The risk involved in the stunting and tumbling done make it the most dangerous sport.
cocoabean is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #38

abw915 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by iheartmistfeb16
well, at the place i did competitive cheerleading, there was only 4 girls lifting the girl up. & that girl isn't just standing there, (well the older you get.) & they had to do flips & all sorts of things i gurantee you can't even attempt to do.

just to clear that up
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Anyways, I absolutley think it is a sport..*see signature below! *
abw915 is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #39
Ashley♥Spring

Webkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonderWebkin Lover wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Smile
No, cheerleading is not a sport.
Webkin Lover is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #40
i am a viking.

anyone that doesn't think it is a sport..

should go look up this video on youtube 3rd asian cheerleading competition U.P. pep squad.. & ask yourself if you can do those moves.

& cocoabean why is it then so dangerous? that is what one of the trainers told me.
Closed