Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Head to the Pollz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: ?
Alex Russo (Wizards of Waverly Place) 2448.98%
Jackson Stewart (Hannah Montana) 1326.53%
Jonas Brothers (Jonas) 1020.41%
Other (Please Post! ) 1734.69%
I think they influence kids badly! 1632.65%
I don't think they influence kids badly. 816.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #31
Gifted

Webkinzgirl427 knows the way
Webkinzgirl427 knows the wayWebkinzgirl427 knows the way

Default Re: Do You Think Characters Influence Young Children?

I don't think any of those characters are a bad influence on kids.

Alex Russo- She gets in trouble but she gets consequences and learns lesson from her mistakes. Like in the Wizards Of Waverly Place Movie. And some episodes.

Jackson- He's mostly just goofy. Not really a bad influence.

Jonas Brothers- I don't see how any part of them or their show is a bad influence. Their show is all about 'Keeping It Real' and doing the right thing. And their very sweet guys so I don't think they themselves can be a bad influence.

But I do agree with others. Sam on ICarly is a bad influence. But as some others have said the network is on is called TEENnick.
And London Tipton is a bad influence because she's always Me Me Me. and making fun of others because of their outfits and their social status and their looks. etc. And that's not a good thing. But for both of the people who play the characters I don't think anyone really thinks that Brenda Song and Jennette McCurdy acctally act like their characters in real life.
Webkinzgirl427 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #32
i am a viking.
Webkinz :)

iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!iheartmistfeb16 is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by MaddieLynn
Yes, Sam Puckett isn't a great influence, but if you haven't realized, that show is designed for TEENAGERS, hence it's on TEENick. They're not trying to poorly influence children, they just thought it was funny (and yes, admit it, she's funny)

However, Alex Russo on WOWP is a show designed for ALL ages, basically 6-16. So if anything, she should be a better role model.

So kids can CHOOSE to watch iCarly, but if they are poorly influenced, it is their fault, considering it is a show aimed and teenagers.
actually. the age range for icarly is 5-16. which means younger kids are watching it. and honestly. how many of us teenagers here watch nickelodeon at all anyway? ahha. & even if it was designed for teenagers alone, what does that matter anyway? are teenagers not easily impressed? can teenagers actions not be swayed by what they say? & personally, i think that show is horrible. the little girl i babysit, loves it & i can't stand watching it, i've seen every episode, and not once have i found anything sam or really any other character (except maybe spencer) funny. sowry.

& how can you blame children for watching icarly?
lets not be ridiculous.

OH. and i also think, it is NOT the little kids fault, it is the PARENTS. so yeah. don't blame a bunch of little kids who don't know.

Last edited by iheartmistfeb16; 11-02-2009 at 03:49 PM..
iheartmistfeb16 is offline Female
Old 11-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #33

ach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond reputeach620 has a reputation beyond repute

Other- Carly from iCarly, Hannah Montana/disney channel.

In my opinion, Carly is sassy and NOSY! She thinks EVERYTHING is her business. Like, in the episode where she finds out that Freddie and Sam kissed. She's all "Why didn't you tell me!". Maybe, Carly, they wanted to keep it a secret?
She is a bad influence for younger children.

Hannah Montana. Do I really have to say much?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #34
AmazingPhil is
Gifted

kabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guidekabutofan is a golden guide

Probably Alex Russo. She isn't that wonderful. And the Jackson thing, he's just a goofy normal guy. Most guys are like him.
kabutofan is offline Female
Old 11-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #35
Call me Karen

webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by MaddieLynn
Alex Russo, from Wizards of Waverly Place. Selena Gomez herself is SO sweet and kind.

But Alex is always breaking rules, getting in trouble, being mean to her parents, etc.

Her character isn't a great role model, is all.

I don't think the Jonas Brothers influence kids badly. And Jackson is in the middle, but his is more humorous/goofy rather than a rule-breaking kid.
I agree!
webkinzlover218 is offline Female
Old 11-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #36
Gifted

Jenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the boss
Jenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the bossJenny is the boss

Here is what i think

Alex Russo~ sure she gts introuble but she learns from her mistakes.

Sam Puckett ~ Very bad influence

Hannah Montana~ Bad influence
Jenny is offline Female
Old 11-07-2009, 05:23 PM   #37
hi:)
Gifted

brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!brownpig is not just visiting!

i think jonas brothers are a bad influence..... well not really i just dont like them hahaha but ummm not really cause i mean kids are gonna do stuff anyways and in most shows they get in trouble for doing wrong things so it still teaches stuff
brownpig is offline Female
Closed