Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Head to the Pollz

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
View Poll Results: Did you know what synesthesia was before you came here?
Yes! 735.00%
No! 1155.00%
My Button- touch it and ninjas will eat your family 210.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Default Do you know what...

Do you know what synesthesia is before you came here? I bet you didn't! I know what it is, and after you vote please see the spoiler below!!!

Spoiler: show
Synesthesia (also spelled synæsthesia or synaesthesia, plural synesthesiae or synaesthesiae)—from the Ancient Greek σύν (syn), "together," and αἴσθησις (aisthēsis), "sensation"—is a neurologically based phenomenon in which stimulation of one sensory or cognitive pathway leads to automatic, involuntary experiences in a second sensory or cognitive pathway. [1][2][3][4] People who report such experiences are known as synesthetes.
In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme → color synesthesia or color-graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored,[5][6] while in ordinal linguistic personification, numbers, days of the week and months of the year evoke personalities.[7][8] In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, and/or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may have a (three-dimensional) view of a year as a map (clockwise or counterclockwise).[9][10][11] Yet another recently identified type, visual motion → sound synesthesia, involves hearing sounds in response to visual motion and flicker.[12] Over 60 types of synesthesia have been reported by people,[13] but only a fraction have been evaluated by scientific research.[14] Even within one type, synesthetic perceptions vary in intensity [15] and people vary in awareness of their synesthetic perceptions.[16]

~Wikipedia.org

I really do think this is interesting, and I hope to make more people aware of this. Please vote, and read the full article on Wikipedia!

Also, a book that might be in your school's library is called A Mango-Shaped Space. Please check that out too! (no pun intended)

After a little research I found out I am a synesthete. I can hear motion. It is associated, meaning I hear it in my head. It is really cool!

Last edited by ICanHasWebkinz?; 11-12-2009 at 09:22 PM..
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: Do you know what...

No.
I don't think I've even heard that word before... xD
Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
Gift Guru

Galfam has disabled reputation

I haven't ever heard of that word before I read the article, and I am not sure if I am one or not...
Galfam is offline Male
Old 11-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Gift Guru

kittycats10 is a forum hero
kittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum herokittycats10 is a forum hero

I've never heard of that before. Cool!
kittycats10 is offline Female
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Thanks for posting!!!
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Old 11-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #6
is a spy for
Webkinz :)

_m_oLo_m_ is just really nice_m_oLo_m_ is just really nice

I've read that book before! That's how I knew what it was.

Everyone may be a have a bit of synesthesia, you might just have to think about it. Try letters or numbers, think of the number 1, if it had a colour, what colour would it be?

I think a number 1 would be red, but that's just me. LOL I should make a poll about it.
_m_oLo_m_ is offline Female
Old 11-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

OMG! I'm listening to a Synthesia music thingy right now! I even have the game on my computer, and-- *checks spoiler* oh. SynESthesia. Oops. Okay, nevermind, I didn't know what that was.

Lil' edit- I'm not sure if I'm a synesthetic or not... however, I do associate certain feelings to numbers, if that counts... like, 10:59 looks like it's scared, 10:10 looks like it's happy, 10:58 looks kinda like "oooh, what's gonna happen?", and 10:45 looks kinda like "well, then. *hmmph*"
... yeah, I'm weird. Colors for numbers, though...? Never thought about that. *goes to assign colors to numbers*

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 11-13-2009 at 01:20 PM..
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 11-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #8

Murphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clownMurphydog is cool as a bunny clown

huh. I thought it was a fear...

Guess I was wrong...

der, it didn't even have "phobia" in it.
xP
Murphydog is offline Female
Old 11-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
I love country music

rnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonderrnw9 wows us all with wonder

Yep, I have read that book, and it is one of my favorites! I don't think I have it though....
rnw9 is offline Female
Old 11-15-2009, 03:18 PM   #10
call me Hermione

potterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud ofpotterwatch has much to be proud of

yup, some one else had a poll i think........
potterwatch is offline Female
Closed