Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #21
Webkinz eat
Webkinz :)

WillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Are Your Webkinz dirty? Come here to see the simple way to wash your Webkinz without ruining them!

View Post Originally Posted by musicislife666
Nice thread.

A Tip~
Don't use dark colored shampoo, especially when washing white or light colored Webkinz. You don't want to stain them! :]
View Post Originally Posted by Kiyoshi
Wow, I haven't attempted this yet because I want the best way to clean my webkinz. I think this is a great guide, I might even have the courage to wash my dirty ones

My mom has tried this is a number of stuffed animals that were somewhat dirty but only needed a little, this works very nicely for webkinz also.

Dust the webkinz with some baking soda or baby powder to remove surface dirt. Let is sit 20 minutes or so, then rub vigorously with a rough towed. This will get smells out and clean off surface dirt
Thanks for the tips in your posts, both of you.
;3
adding to first post.
WillowT is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #22
-Alicia♥

teaandpizza defies all odds
teaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all oddsteaandpizza defies all odds

Default Re: Are Your Webkinz dirty? Come here to see the simple way to wash your Webkinz without ruining them!

Great guide, I will have to try that!! (But my webkinz hardly ever get dirty...)

Here is how I wash them:
Spoiler: show

1. Put your dirty webbie in a pillowcase (White or another light color works best) And tie it
2. Stick the pillowcase in your washing machine. Wash.
3. With the bag still tied, put your webbie in the dryer
4. Dry-- I reccomend you use low heat
5. Untie the bag and WAH LAH- a fresh new webbie!

~Tea:husky:
teaandpizza is offline Female
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #23

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

Thanks!

Here's a tip:

Don't do on webkinz with soft furr (i.e yorkie, collie) Some one told me this but I forget who
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 10-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #24
♥YOU should smile♥
Gift Guru

b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness
b1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicnessb1uski3sxox is epic beyond epicness

Thanks again- I just washed 2 of my Webkinz (1 for a test, the second because it "accidentally" got some makeup put on it... ) and am letting them dry in the heater (I had to let the fan go first... it's weird, in my room, I have something that blows and something that dries, but nothing that does both... )

Here's a quick little tip- be careful of the Webkinz that have sparkly stuff on them (example: spotty dinosaur, or the pegasus, unicorn... that sparkly stuff.) AND the "Ganz" tag still on them. The black stuff on the Ganz tag can get on the sparkly stuff and give it little black spots. Also, I find it easier not spraying the Webkinz with perfume, and just using scented soap/shampoo.

Ooh, and how I got the makeup off of one of my Webkinz. My Webkinz (spotty dinosaur) has light fur, and I thought it'd be cool to put some sticky, gold-sparkly makeup on it. Bad idea! It looked not that good at all. I tried to wipe it off, but nothing happened. So what I did was this:

-Fill sink with soapy water
-Dunk Webkinz' head (or whatever part of its body is stained) in water until it's absorbed most of it.
-Pull Webkinz' head out and squeeze to get most of the water out.
-Get old toothbrush and put soap/shampoo on it, wet toothbrush.
-Scrub stained part of Webkinz.
-Dunk Webkinz' head in water.
-Rinse toothbrush.
-Scrub Webkinz' head again, without soap.
-Dunk Webkinz' head in water again.
-Repeat.

I did that about 4 times, and it got most of the makeup off (it takes a few tries to even get the makeup off of human skin... )

Last edited by b1uski3sxox; 10-24-2009 at 12:41 PM..
b1uski3sxox is offline Male
Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #25
Webkinz eat

WillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond reputeWillowT has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by teaandpizza
Great guide, I will have to try that!! (But my webkinz hardly ever get dirty...)

Here is how I wash them:
Spoiler: show

1. Put your dirty webbie in a pillowcase (White or another light color works best) And tie it
2. Stick the pillowcase in your washing machine. Wash.
3. With the bag still tied, put your webbie in the dryer
4. Dry-- I reccomend you use low heat
5. Untie the bag and WAH LAH- a fresh new webbie!

~Tea:husky:
I'll add it to the first post.
;3
View Post Originally Posted by monkeysgirl
Thanks!

Here's a tip:

Don't do on webkinz with soft furr (i.e yorkie, collie) Some one told me this but I forget who
I have that somewhere in the first post already.
I think it's more toward the top.
View Post Originally Posted by b1uski3sxox
Thanks again- I just washed 2 of my Webkinz (1 for a test, the second because it "accidentally" got some makeup put on it... ) and am letting them dry in the heater (I had to let the fan go first... it's weird, in my room, I have something that blows and something that dries, but nothing that does both... )

Here's a quick little tip- be careful of the Webkinz that have sparkly stuff on them (example: spotty dinosaur, or the pegasus, unicorn... that sparkly stuff.) AND the "Ganz" tag still on them. The black stuff on the Ganz tag can get on the sparkly stuff and give it little black spots. Also, I find it easier not spraying the Webkinz with perfume, and just using scented soap/shampoo.

Ooh, and how I got the makeup off of one of my Webkinz. My Webkinz (spotty dinosaur) has light fur, and I thought it'd be cool to put some sticky, gold-sparkly makeup on it. Bad idea! It looked not that good at all. I tried to wipe it off, but nothing happened. So what I did was this:

-Fill sink with soapy water
-Dunk Webkinz' head (or whatever part of its body is stained) in water until it's absorbed most of it.
-Pull Webkinz' head out and squeeze to get most of the water out.
-Get old toothbrush and put soap/shampoo on it, wet toothbrush.
-Scrub stained part of Webkinz.
-Dunk Webkinz' head in water.
-Rinse toothbrush.
-Scrub Webkinz' head again, without soap.
-Dunk Webkinz' head in water again.
-Repeat.

I did that about 4 times, and it got most of the makeup off (it takes a few tries to even get the makeup off of human skin... )
Hmm.
I'll add that to the first post.
;3

Last edited by WillowT; 10-28-2009 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #26
inter Puppies Are
Gifted

HawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talentHawaiianBreeze has lots of talent

Wow! Great guide! My webbies are not that old but are already showing signs of wear and tear damage.
HawaiianBreeze is offline Female
Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #27
Webkinz eat

View Post Originally Posted by HawaiianBreeze
Wow! Great guide! My webbies are not that old but are already showing signs of wear and tear damage.
Yeah, they do wear pretty fast because of the fact Ganz makes them somewhat poorly.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #28

candyrocks12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I air dry mine and then if they are still wet put them in the dryer for a few minutes and nothing happens.
candyrocks12 is offline Female
Old 11-01-2009, 01:15 PM   #29

:.Star*` is on a distinguished road

Great thread! Heres a silly suggestion: Don't tell your dog and kitty webbies that its a "bath" hehe. My younger sibling put her unicorn in the dryer, and when it came out, it's mane and tail were all messed up. They looked really bad, and we had to throw it away.. its a shame. Thanks for the guide!
-Star
:.Star*` is offline Female
Old 11-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #30
Webkinz eat

View Post Originally Posted by candyrocks12
I air dry mine and then if they are still wet put them in the dryer for a few minutes and nothing happens.
You probably had it on cold.
It's still not a good idea to put them in the dryer, though.
It's just better to let them dry by themselves.
View Post Originally Posted by :.Star*`
Great thread! Heres a silly suggestion: Don't tell your dog and kitty webbies that its a "bath" hehe. My younger sibling put her unicorn in the dryer, and when it came out, it's mane and tail were all messed up. They looked really bad, and we had to throw it away.. its a shame. Thanks for the guide!
-Star
Adding to first post.
;3
Closed

Tags
bob ♥ loves maddie, tħɛ Σνυʟ Σʟɩʈε