Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #11
baikey
Gift Guru

ebenz315 is just really niceebenz315 is just really nice

Default Re: Your plushie is dirty! What to do?

just make sure if you use a hair dryer, keep it at a distance, and keep it moving, or put it on the cool setting...otherwise, your webkinz' polyester blend fur may turn into a scrubby pad good for cleaning grandma's lasagna pan!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2007, 07:04 AM   #12
Gift Guru

Webkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guideWebkinz-Waffles is a golden guide

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Webkinz-Waffles is offline Female
Old 09-21-2007, 07:27 AM   #13
westiemom
Gift Guru

kandym has a spectacular aura about

WI Subscriber

had this in my files ... don't know where I found it

Cleaning of Plush Toys and Collectibles
by: bearlychris

Ever wonder how to get that dust off your precious plush collectables?* I have a few ideas that work well for me!
Some of the larger (over 50") bears, I just run the vacuum over it (just the hose silly - I'm too old to lift the vacuum!).* Make sure you are very gentle around any ribbons, scarves or buttons.* I find the upholstery attachment works very well.* This technique can work on some of the smaller bears, but I recommend putting a piece of pantyhose over the end of the vacuum hose so nothing goes up and is gone!* I have also put 4 or 5 bears (without clothes or ribbons) into a pillow case, then stick the vacuum hose in.* It really does **** out a lot of dust.
The best thing I have found to actually "wash" the bears fur is Dawn dish detergent.* I put a squirt in the sink and then fill it up with warm water.* I only use the SUDS, not the water its self, and completely rub the suds over the fur with your hands.* You don't want to actually get the fur wet, just sudsy.* You can test most fabrics in a small spot, but I have yet to have had a problem.* When this is dry, I use a 1 to 2" paint brush to "bush" the bears fur.* Very simple, and this technique also removes most of the oils that float through the air and attach its-self to the fur.*
If you have children or grandchildren that love to sleep with animals but have allergies, the best thing to do after cleaning the bear, is to put it in the freezer for 24 hours.* This will kill all the dust mites.* This works well with pillows too!
HINT: Don't keep plush animals near the kitchen!* Cooking oils can attach themselves to the fur and can get into the stuffing, making it very hard to clean and very smelly!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 AM   #14
DuckyGirl13
Gifted

Lady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Lilypad1394
Great idea for a thread, and very well written, thanks points!!!
Thankins and more thankins!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
Gifted
Rallymama is on a distinguished road

Y'know, my boys' stuffies are for loving, not collecting - and under those conditions, I've found that the occassional trip through the washer and dryer doesn't hurt 'em in the slightest. :-)

However, Rally (my Pink Pony) and Kiba (Hubby's Husky) have yet to need a wash. Should they ever, your method sounds like it's worth a try. Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:18 AM   #16
DuckyGirl13
Gifted

Lady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud ofLady_Vacuum has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by Rallymama
Y'know, my boys' stuffies are for loving, not collecting - and under those conditions, I've found that the occassional trip through the washer and dryer doesn't hurt 'em in the slightest. :-)

However, Rally (my Pink Pony) and Kiba (Hubby's Husky) have yet to need a wash. Should they ever, your method sounds like it's worth a try. Thanks for the tip!
I like the Husky's name!
Old 09-22-2007, 03:38 PM   #17
DuckyGirl13
Gifted

Ahem.

BUMP.

Thank you, that is all.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #18
Please PM me for it
Gift Guru

kinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clownkinz09 is cool as a bunny clown

Great idea for a thread! Wonderful job!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #19
mellowfellow11
Gifted

kinzluv is on a distinguished road

Rep Point! It will DEFINETLY come in handy... I always thought to just do the pillow case thing if my webkinz get dirty but this would be more fun!!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #20
Mikki

I don't know if this will work with all stains, but I've found that most stains will come out of any fabric if you apply a mist of hairspray.

My mom taught me that trick and it's never failed with anything I've tried it on. Maybe someone else might find it useful. It's a lot less work than sudsing them up and blow drying them!
Closed