Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
ants to hug a
Gift Guru

FireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonder

Lightbulb Are you having trouble with your collie, jellybean or donut seeds? Check to see if these tricks and tips work on the new bean seeds.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

Are you having trouble with your specialty seeds?

As many of us have experienced the specialty seeds tend to give us some grief when it comes to gardening. I have collie, donut and jellybean seeds that can be a little per-snick-ety. There are many times when they eithor don't show up at all on the gardening inspection or they say "good growing" day after day even though they aren't or you can't harvest them.

If when you first plant the crop it's just a patch of dirt without the plant sign then immediately remove it to your dock and then replant it.

When the crop in not showing up with the "inspect" and you can't rake, water or harvest you should close the gardening toolbox and exit your room through any door.... then reenter your room and click on the crop that was giving you difficulty... when it asks you if you'd like to garden click yes... tend to THAT crop first. If it still doesn't show up then exit and re-enter again.

If that doesn't work then you may have to edit and move your plant so it doesn't touch any other crop. Then exit and re-enter your room again. If it still doesn't work then dig up and replant your crop, water, and try again tomorrow. After it starts growing you can move it next to the other plants and it'll be fine for good.

I find that even when these plants have started growing that I do need to exit and re-enter the garden occasionally so that I can tend to them. It may seem a little fussy but the crops are worth it!

When you do harvest the oscollily plant you'll only get 1 bone even though it looks like 3 on the plant. You'll only get 1 donut per harvest and you can get 1 to 3 jellybeans per harvest.

It seems that the donut seeds are causing some difficulties. If they show up as a blue box IMMEDIATELY remove them if you can. Replant them in a different area... if it is still a blue box again, remove it again... repeat until it is "right". IF you CANNOT remove it, send GANZ a message saying the donut seed is "stuck" in their customer support area. Once it's unstuck try again. If you are locked in or out of a room then switch pets from the newspaper page before going to "my room".

**It seems that the donut seed glitch is in effect for some. New seedlings are currently showing up as blue boxes and locking you out of your rooms. **I have planted my donut seeds without any troubles.... try kinzposting them to another account and back. Then try planting again.... **

**I am getting reports that the collie and donut plants are not showing "updating" after you weed or harvest them. This has been going on for awhile so don't feel like you're the only one. You don't need to remove and replant your seeds. For some, their gardens don't update until after midnight, for others it's after exiting and re-entering the yard. Hopefully the next big update will fix this glitch.**

Do you have the new seeds? Let me know if any of these tricks and tips help you. Here are techniques to try for the seeds...

Edit and Remove, Replant, Dig, Click "ACTIONS", LOG OUT and back in, check on your seeds.

If you have any questions or have more to add please post! I look forward to your feedback!

FireBranda

Last edited by FireBranda; 04-25-2009 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: New updates
FireBranda is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
RuggedPuma

Default Re: Are you having trouble with your collie, jellybean or donut seeds? Come here to find out what to do

Great guide branda
Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #3
ants to hug a
Gift Guru

FireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonderFireBranda wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Are you having trouble with your collie, jellybean or donut seeds? Come here to find out what to do

View Post Originally Posted by RuggedPuma
Great guide branda
Thank you.... I was finding that alot of people had troubles... including myself
Old 10-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #4
Gift Guru

Munchies knows the way
Munchies knows the way

Great Thread Branada! Reppie Pointz from Hammy!
Munchies is offline Female
Old 10-13-2008, 01:58 PM   #5
antsU2ThankaVet2day
Gift Guru

countrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guidecountrychic11 is a golden guide

Looks good Branda and thanks for the insight.
countrychic11 is offline Female
Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #6
ants to hug a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Munchies
Great Thread Branada! Reppie Pointz from Hammy!
Thank you Munch.... if you see anyone with any troubles please send them my way.

---------- FireBranda added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by countrychic11
Looks good Branda and thanks for the insight.
Thanks... **blush**

---------- FireBranda added 50 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

Does anyone need any help?

Last edited by FireBranda; 10-13-2008 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #7
ants to hug a
Gift Guru

Default Re: Are you having trouble with your collie, jellybean or donut seeds?

How is your garden growing?
Old 10-15-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Lil Kinz

Punkinpie33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I planted a donut plant yesterday morning and when I placed it in my backyard it just showed up as a blue box. Now my room will not load. I have emailed ganz. Has this happened to anyone else?
Punkinpie33 is offline Female
Old 10-15-2008, 09:40 AM   #9
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

mmmm.... This is great! Now I have the information and a place to direct the members with gardening questions to... rep!
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 10-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #10
ants to hug a
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by Punkinpie33
I planted a donut plant yesterday morning and when I placed it in my backyard it just showed up as a blue box. Now my room will not load. I have emailed ganz. Has this happened to anyone else?
I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else... I would avoid that garden/room for several days and then try again. This may be part of all the new glitches Ganz has on the go right now.

View Post Originally Posted by cocogirl211
mmmm.... This is great! Now I have the information and a place to direct the members with gardening questions to... rep!
Thank you.
Closed