Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!
ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

Default Wondering how to make flashy icons? Come here!

So, I bet more than one of you who are reading this have visited Iconator! And, a majority of you are thinking "How the heck do they make all that flashy stuff?" Well, if you are one of those people, you've come to the right place!

You have to make the animations frame by frame. What this means is, well... think of a cartoon. The drawing people have to draw a picture of a stickman. Than they draw the same stickman with his arm slightly up. They repeat the process and than it looks like he is waving when they put it all together. And, you have to do that with icons, too! Be patient!

Start out with making a new drawing in MS Paint. Start by making the attributes 48x48, as seen in the picture. Go to Image>Attributes. Click the image to open in full size.
Once you have that, fill the background with whatever color you want. For this example, I will be using light purple.

Add your text. Start with a black box. This will be a neccesity if you want it to look great! If you want to make a grid, hit CTRL+G on the keyboard See the picture!Click the image to open in full size.

Once your words are done, it should look something like this: (P.S.- dont be afraid to alter your black box if the size isn't right!)Click the image to open in full size.

Now, round the edges of the black box. It should look something like this when done:Click the image to open in full size.

Now, add color to the text. This is the hard part. You can use a variety of effects to do this, but I'm using fairly simple ones. Since I want my "Webkinz" rainbow, I start with red. Click the image to open in full size.
Now that that's done, I save the image. See the pictures for more details.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
~~
Now that all my frames are done, I upload them to Iconator Animator! NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY UPLOAD 30 FRAMES! I like using 12ms for my speed, but you can use whatever you want! Once you are done with animating, congratulations! You made an icon! If you want to see my finished project, you can get it here. By the way, you might want to right-click the images and open them that way! Hope I helped! ICHW <3Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by ICanHasWebkinz?; 12-20-2008 at 02:29 PM.. Reason: Added something important.....
ICanHasWebkinz? is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Leah Clearwater. ;]
Gifted

leahme999 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Wondering how to make flashy icons? Come here!

Thank you sooooooo much!!!

P.S. Do you need an account to do this? And also how do you get to the animator page?
leahme999 is offline Female
Old 12-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
Gifted

ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!ICanHasWebkinz? is a WI addict!

You don't need an account, and the animatior page like is right here!http://www.iconator.com/animator.php

Hope I helped!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
montanarose9

How do you make the black box?
Old 12-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
Gifted

You draw one! I forgot to add (and I will add) that if you want to make a grid, hit CTRL+G on the keyboard...

You make the box by selecting the pencil tool and drawing a box. There is also a button that looks like a square, and if you click on it, 3 options come up. CLick the last one, press and hold the mouse button and drag it. That also makes a box. If you have anymore questions, PM me! I'll be happy to help.
Closed