Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
Cnevz
Gift Guru

Nevz has a spectacular aura aboutNevz has a spectacular aura about

Arrow What is this Item? Items Classification Guide & How to get Them

Items are classified with a few different terms, to determine their rarity and how to get them. I often see people getting confused with these, so I thought I would make a Mini Guide. I will be modifying this guide with bonuses like screenshots later.

CSO Items - or Curio Shop Only
CSO Items are only available in the Curio Shop. An example of this is the Gladiator Helmet, a Hockey Sofa, or the Apple Chair.

Rare Items
Rare Items are very similar to CSO items - rares can only be found in the Curio Shop as well, however, rares are available much less often, and rares are worth much more in kinzcash. An example of a rare item is the Egyptian Throne, Hot Air Balloon, or the bowling alley. On the sidebar of this post, you will see Merthyn's Rares of the Day - these display only the rare items, not the CSO items.

Curio Shop Themes
There are four themes that can only be bought in the Curio Shop. They are the Medevil Theme, the Egyptian Theme, the Country Theme, and the Hockey Theme.
  • The Medevil Theme has some pieces, like the wallpaper, flooring, and side table available in the Curio Shop almost every day, so they are classified as CSO Items. However, most of the Medevil Theme, like Thrones, the Royal Estate Bed, and the Medevil Curtains, are Rare Items.
  • The Egyptian Theme is the most valuable room theme in the game. All of its pieces are classified as Rare Items. It holds the most valuable item (In terms of Kinzcash) in the game, the Egyptian Bed, worth 12,500 Kinzcash.
  • The Hockey Theme used to be available in the W Shop, but it was removed and put in the Curio Shop. All of its pieces are classified as CSO items. It is not very valuable.
  • The Country Theme causes some confusion, because there is a different Country-like theme available in the W Shop. This CSO theme has the Wagon Wheel Bed, Wagon Wheel Sofa, Apple Chair, and more. All of this theme's items are classified as CSO.
~~ FIA has a great thread displaying all of the CSO Items and Rares, it is stickied in the Arte's Curio Shop Section. ~~

Exclusive Items
Exclusive Items cannot be bought. They are only obtained when you buy a new Webkinz. These include the Ice Cream Tree, Blue Lava Lamp, Jellybean Tree and others. You will obtain one of the 41 exclusives at random whenever you buy a new Webkinz. You can also obtain an Exclusive by getting three Wells in the middle row of Wishing Well 2, or by winning the lottery for Daily Kinzcare. If you get three Wells in the middle row of Wishing Well 2, you get to pick which Exclusive Item you want. If you do the Daily Kinzcare Activity all week, and win the lottery of all the people who did, then you get one Exclusive at random. To see all of the Exclusive Items, go to the W Shop and click on the Exclusive tab. No, you cannot buy them there, but it does show pictures. Be careful - the first 13 pictures are not Exclusives, they are SuperBeds, read below in the SuperBeds section.

PSI's - or Pet Specific Items
PSI's are special items you cannot buy, they are just obtainable when you buy a new Webkinz, just like Exclusives. The difference is that each Webkinz has a certain PSI that they always get when you adopt the certain Webkinz. For example, the Leopard has the Wilds of the Jungle Sofa, and the Pug has the Puggy Bark-o-Lounger. Unlike Exclusives, which you get one at random when adopting a pet, Webkinz have a positive PSI that you will certainly get.

SuperBeds
SuperBeds also only come when adopting a Webkinz pet, like Exclusives and PSIs. However, with SuperBeds, you only get one after every few adoptions. You get your first SuperBed with your 10th adoption, then another with every 5th adoption after that. In other words, you get one with your 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th... There are 13 SuperBeds. Exclusives are gotten at random, PSIs come with a certain pet, but with SuperBeds, you get to choose which bed you want. In your adoption gift, you will get an item. It is called the Unopened Bed Box. When you do open it, it shows all of the SuperBeds, and you click on the ones you want. SuperBeds are in the first 13 slots of the Exclusives tab in the W Shop, mentioned above. SuperBeds include the DareDevil Bed, Sleeping Dragon Bed, and Fantasy Coach Bed.

PSF's - or Pet Specific Food
PSF's are special foods that come with a certain Webkinz, like the PSI, only you can buy that PSF after you unlock it, however many times you want. They are in the first slots of the W Shop Foods section, and all PSF's cost 25 Kinzcash a piece. They give very good hunger boosts. Note: based on cost and result, it has been determined that White Rice is the best hunger value for your money, not PSF's. People do like trading for them sometimes, and collecting them. One example is the Wrinkled Pug Cake that comes with the Pug.

W Shop Items
I just thought I would include this in here, not that anyone really gets it confused, but there are of course some items that can be bought in the W Shop for regular kinzcash. For trade value, these have nothing, but they are the foundation of every house for furniture, and includes food.

Trophies
Trophies are achieved for doing particularly well in a certain game. Not every game has a trophy. These are great decorations in any house, and some are more valuable than others. Bounce and Burst is the easiest to get - you get it for beating all 20 levels. Others include the Operation Gumball Trophy and Goober's Lab Trophy. I have a guide on how to earn trophies on my website Webkinz Writers.

Fall Festival Items
Fall Festival was a great event that took place from October 20th to October 26th. They were gotten by clicking on randomly falling leaves throughout Webkinz. Universally the best item, based on people's opinions, was the Potted Elm Tree, and the Wheat Sheaf was second probably. They cannot be found anymore. They now have very high trade value.

Seasonal Items
Seasonal events come up often in Webkinz near holidays. Halloween just recently had its festival. During these times, new furniture and food comes out in the W Shop, and sometimes a new theme. The Halloween Items that recently came out included the full Halloween Theme, and two candies, the Pumpkin Pop, and Licorice Bats. Christmas will have its items available closer to the holiday. Holiday Items change year to year - the Halloween Theme added a new window and gate, and replaced the furniture.

Welcome Balloons
I thought I would put this minor section in, just in case someone didn't know how to get them. Welcome Balloons come in four colors - red, blue, yellow, and green - and you get one at random whenever you adopt a new pet. They can be used as a decoration in a room, some people make a Welcome Room out of them, or use them as a bonus in a trade.

Pet of the Month Items
Every month in Webkinz World, one Webkinz is honored as Pet of the Month. This pet will get one special item in their adoption gift box. The special items are available nowhere else and include the Steam Engine Moving Picture Box and Playful Picture. They are subject to change every month.

One Time Items
This section may have the most valuable items, in terms of trade value. There are some items that only come up once in Webkinz - ever. The Wacky Zingoz Jeans came up in 2006 for one hour in Hourly Activities. The Bee Costume for advertising the movie Bee Movie is only available for a few days in October to November 2007. The spitoon was one of the first One Time Items, it was available in the W Shop in 2005 for an hour I believe. Some people would give almost anything for these items. However, you never know if they will come back. The One Time Item Monkey and Monkey Dummy was gone for about a year, but returned to the Wheel of Yum on November 2, 2007. Most people have no idea on the value of these, and they do get confusing.

Retired Exclusives
Some Exclusive Items were retired and are no longer available. They include the Red Lava Lamp, Purple Lava Lamp, Blue and Gpld Grandfather Clock, and Fancy Tea Service. These are extremely valuable. The two most valuable are probably the Red Lava and Blue Dragster, because they were both retired in 2005 and few people still have them.

Trading Card Only
Trading Cards were a big addition to Webkinz World. They also introcuced two new Room Themes, the blue Trading Card Theme, and the Classic Gaming Theme. All of the Trading Card Theme is only available through buying real life Trading Cards, and entering the codes. As for the Classic Game Room Theme, you can buy the Wallpaper and Flooring in the Curio Shop (They are classified as CSO) but the rest of the theme is only available through Trading Cards. The Trading Card Theme also includes the very valuable TC (Trading Card) Convertible.

Charm Only
Charms were introduced the same way Trading Cards were - buy them in real life, and they come with a code for the Code Shop. Charm items include the Charm Candy and Fountain. Their trade value is similar to Trading Card items - but be warned, some Charm Items cannot be traded.

Kinzstyle Clothes
Kinzstyle was one of the newest additions to Webkinz. By buying special clothes for your Webkinz in real life, you enter a code as usual, and you get the clothing plus access to the KinzStyle Shop. The Kinzstyle Shop is stocked with tons of clothing available nowhere else. Some even reach the pricing of 7500 KinzCash. These have very high trade value, as lots of people do not want to spend real life money on another item.

Wheel Rewards
Two Wheels, the Wheel of WOW and Wheel of YUM, have some items on them that aren't available anywhere else. The Wheel of YUM has a Poster, T Shirt, and Monkey & Monkey Dummy. The Wheel of WOW has a T Shirt as well. They all have low trade value, and do not sell for much. The Monkey and Monkey Dummy was retired for about a year, but returned November 2nd to the Wheel of YUM.

Thank you for reading my guide. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Last edited by Nevz; 11-05-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 AM   #2
Webkinz World ID
Gift Guru

istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!istew is the bees knees!

Default Re: What is this Item? Items Classification Guide & How to get Them

Great job! Rep point!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Hi Nevs!

Great job on that! It was very helpful. I have a few quick questions though.

1. Are these in the order of their value? If not, do you mind putting a little thing at the bottom or something that says what their value is. Like for example, since a Exclusive is worth more that a W Shop item, have a runing list going like: 1. W Shop 2.Exclusive etc.

2.Where do TC, Kinzstyle and stuff fit in?

Thank you so much! I will give you rep once I "spread it around more"
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-04-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
Cnevz
Gift Guru

Thanks for the responses!
Lilypad:
1. These are not in order of value, because some are just too hard to sort - some people classify Exclusives higher than PSIs, others have it the other way around, etc... But I will post that in the guide.

2. I knew I was missing something! I have basketball now, but when I come back I will add those.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #5
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Nevz
Thanks for the responses!
Lilypad:
1. These are not in order of value, because some are just too hard to sort - some people classify Exclusives higher than PSIs, others have it the other way around, etc... But I will post that in the guide.

2. I knew I was missing something! I have basketball now, but when I come back I will add those.
Okay, thanks for such a speedy reply!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 11-04-2007, 10:46 AM   #6
Pom
Gift Guru

Pom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socks

Great guide. I would add one more thing. You can also get Exclusives on the Wishing Well 2 and from doing the Daily Kinzcare and having your name chosen. With the Wishing Well, you choose your Exclusive while with the Daily Kinzcare Ganz chooses for you. You odds on either aren't high but it is another way "to Get Them."
Old 11-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #7
Cnevz
Gift Guru

Thanks everyone; I'll be improving the guide now.

---------- Nevz added 203 Minutes and 9 Seconds later ----------

Everything has been updated.

Last edited by Nevz; 11-04-2007 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
Pom
Gift Guru

Pom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socksPom rocks our collective socks

I have two more for you: the Charm Forest items (tees, candy, fountain, etc.) and the Wheel of Wow tee shirts.
Okay, one more: you mention the Wheel of Yum Monkey and Monkey Dummy but the WOY also has tees and posters (sometimes).
Old 11-04-2007, 04:56 PM   #9
Webkinz :)

CreamPuff32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks that was really helpful?! :goo:
Old 11-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #10
Cnevz
Gift Guru

Pom - I'll add the Charms Section and I'll make a Wheel Rewards Section.
Closed