Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
Alaza
Webkinz :)

Luna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of light

Talking the WI guide! For everything WI you might need help with!

~The Guide~
Lot's of people on WI need help on somethings like, how to get a avatar or siggie, how to design your profile, create albums, or give rep and get giftz and more. In my guide I will put in everything i know about anything I think you might have trouble with in alphabetical order. I hope this guide helps!

Have you ever seen people with a picture/icon under there username? How did they get it? What is it? It's a avatar, also known as a avvie. It represents you. It can be of anything! As long as it's apropiate. To get a avatar, visit a shop in WI in the member's creative forum. Or find a picture on the internet. Or you can select one from the choices they have on WI at the user CP. After you find a avatar (avvie) click on the user CP tab and then on 'edit avatar' or user CP and then 'edit avatar'. Then enter the picture URL or upload it from your computer. Then wait. NOTE: some avatars might be to big, etc., and will not upload and you will have to choose another. If your avatars inapropiate it will be deleted and you might be banned or receive a warning.

Gift Program:
In WI there's a gift program. If your a gift guro, or gifted you can go to gift exchanges and trade webkinz items. It's pretty simular to the trading room in webkinz. If you see a person who has gift guro, or gifted under there name they have acess to Gift Exchanges (GE's). If they have: gift trainie under there name there training to become gifted/ a gift guro. If you or a person is gifted or a a gift guro there username shows green. NOTE: I do not know much on this topic because i am not neither gift trainie, gifted or gift guro.
GIFTZ:
Okay so wondering what giftz are? Well then you ought to read this! Giftz are related to the gift program (above). If you exchanged a gift with somebody you get a gift(z). The amount of giftz you are is the amount of things you traded at gift exchanges. After you make a gift exchange the person you traded with gives you either a positive or negatgive gift. How do you see how many giftz you have? You can see by going to your sent boz of PMs (private messages) and then you'll how many gifts you have. What does it look like? Like this:
Giftz (0)
with the amount of giftz you have inside the parenthasees, ( ). If you click the number inside it you visit your or that person's giftz profile. You can veiw who they traded with and the type of giftz they got. Positive and negatives.

Polls:
Polls are fun to make and fun to vote for! I'm adding polls to this guide because when i was new here i didn't get what polls were. So here's a basic question: What IS a poll? A poll is something you make in the 'head to the polls section' on the forum. Then the poll maker and other WI users can take the poll. There are 25 poll options at the most for you to choose from while DOING or MAKING a poll. For polls it can be something like 'what's your favorite book?' or 'do you like this outfit?' or 'how many webkinz do you have?'. Then you click on your answer like for example 'i have nine webkinz' or 'ihave 5-10 webkinz' or 'i just want to see results'.

Posting:
Okay so i have had somebody ask me how to post! So for you new members who have never been a member of a forum before, and need some help this will be the most helpful thing you will ever read here on webkinz insider. There are two ways to post on a thread. The first way is to click on the name of a thread the interests you. Then see the box that's pretty small and ways Quick Reply and then lower message: You can type in your message in that box. Then click post quick reply. It doesn't take as long to load but doesn't have all the options of a advanced post. I use the quick reply. The other way is to click on the button on the top and bottom of the thread that says: reply. This is more advanced and as more options but takes longer to load.
Post stars and bars:
So that's start at the beginning. You get certian stars, bars, and amount of stars depending on your posts and rank.
Webkinz get a silver stars: Click the image to open in full size.Gifted users get drark silver stars: Click the image to open in full size.Gift Gurus get gold stars:Click the image to open in full size.
Moderators get a green bar: Click the image to open in full size. Global Moderators get a blue bar:Click the image to open in full size. Administrators get a red bar: Click the image to open in full size. The wonderful founders who created this awesome site get a dark red bar: Click the image to open in full size.

Webkinz stars:
NOTE: All the other ranks have the same except different star colors from 10- 4,999
10 - 99 posts : one Click the image to open in full size.
100-499 posts : two Click the image to open in full size.
500-999 posts : three Click the image to open in full size.
1000-1999 posts : four Click the image to open in full size.
2000-4999 posts : five Click the image to open in full size.
5000-9999 posts : fiveClick the image to open in full size.
10000-19999 posts : one Click the image to open in full size.
20000-29999 posts : two Click the image to open in full size.
30000-39999 posts : three Click the image to open in full size.
40000-49999 posts : fourClick the image to open in full size.

Threads:
So, if your reading this your probably wondering 'what is a thread?' Or 'How do you create a thread?' Well here are your answers! First of all, a thread is a topic somebody as created, to share with people, and for people to read and post on. For example, THIS is a thread! Understand now? Then let's move on! To make a thread just go to one of forum sections like: Somebody help (The section your in now), join the club, our members creations, and more! Now above the list of threads in that section, is a button with the words: New Topic, on it. To create a new thread click on this button. But, be-warned, if your threads are spam, innapropiate, in the wrong section, or havn't been posted on in awhile they MAY get deleted or closed. Though, sometimes if there in the wrong section they'll get moved to another section. Wich leads to...
Thread Folders (As i call them):
Thread folders, i don't know the real name of, so i'll just call them 'thread folders'. Well, anyways, i'll start by telling you what it is. Next to each thread (before the title of thread and icon of thread: a smiley, question mark, writing peice, etc.,) there is a folder typed picture. If this folder has a grey dot in it, you have posted in it, or it's your thread. If it has a red lock on it, is closed and CAN NOT be posted on, but looked at. Last, but not least, if there is a grean arrow on that folder, it has been moved to a different section. Unerstand?
Thread and post icons
Thread icons are simple and often used once you know what they are. If you are creating a thread or post using the advanced posting box you may choose a thread/ post icon. These are at the bottom of the posting box. Thy represent your thread, or post. If your post or thread is funny for example, put a smiling icon. If it's sad, put a sad face or thumb down. If you do not choose one, or are using a quick reply box it will audimatically give you the one that looks like a writing peice. To edit your post/ thread icon, edit the post. NOTE: These are different then smileys.

For more information and more detailed information by the founders go to the FAQ on WI.
I'll add more soon.
Thanks for taking time to read this! I hope this answers your questions!

Last edited by Luna_Lovegood; 11-15-2008 at 06:42 PM..
Luna_Lovegood is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 AM   #2
Gifted

puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!puppylove101 is headed for the top!

Default Re: the WI guide! For everything WI you might need help with!

Cool guide. It is very good and well put together and helpful, but I am sure there will be even better coming from you next.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Alaza

Luna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of lightLuna_Lovegood is a glorious beacon of light

Thank-you so much for the kind comment!

i added polls to it!

---------- Luna_Lovegood added 431 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

waaaa nobody thinks it's helpful!

Last edited by Luna_Lovegood; 11-04-2008 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Gifted

lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!lunalovegood57 is the bees knees!

Excellente other Luna! Add more soon!
lunalovegood57 is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Alaza

Thanks!!! I will!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:16 PM   #6

Pandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clownPandora's Box is cool as a bunny clown

Cool guide Luna! It looks like you worked really hard on it! It's will be very helpful to new and old members on WI!
Pandora's Box is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #7
Alaza

Thanks!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
Gifted

hpharrypotterhp is a forum hero
hpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum herohpharrypotterhp is a forum hero

WOW thanks its an awesome thread! i love the part about the stars cuz i was always confused about that. I can't wait til my 5,000th!
hpharrypotterhp is offline Female
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 PM   #9

Norann44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Luna!! You brought it down to my level. I look forward to reading more from you.
Norann44 is offline Female
Old 11-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #10
Alaza

Thanks for posting your comments!
Closed