Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Default Ways to get out of sticky situations in the Webkinz Clubhouse

Trading room:

When you trade in the clubhouse, you often get in sticky situations. These are all situations I have faced in the clubhouse.

SCAMS

Scammers go for different approaches:

•The "sympathy card"= Making up a sad story, making you feel bad for them.

example:

Mouse invites you to trade. Asks if you have a superbed. You do, and you put it up.

Mouse: Clicks happy face "What do you want for it"
You: "I want another superbed"
Mouse: puts up apple "Please my sister is in the hospital this is her account and she really wants won"
You:

When someone uses the sympathy card, just say "I am sorry about _______ but I want to trade fair."
and switch rooms.

•The "I'll send it to you" scam

A leopard comes up. Asks if you have donut seeds. You do, and put them up.

Leopard: I have all the superbeds I will send them to you"
You:

Say: "Sorry but I'm not falling for that trick."
And leave. Here is a pic of me (googles) standing up to this trading room bully.

Click the image to open in full size.

Just say no and leave. DON'T GET SCAMMED! Never just x out. Then the pet will say "don't trade with the googles she is a mean person" and that opens a whole other can of worms.

The "Don't trade with so-and-so he/she is mean" problem

I have often had this problem with a cotton candy bunny. Forget it's name, but I have seen it lots of times and it always does the same thing to everyone.

Invites you to trade. You both say hello, and they ask what you want.

You: I want trading card items or kinz style
Bunny: *puts up kinzstyle hoody* I want woodland wonders
You: Sorry but I don't have any woodland wonders. Anything else you want?
Bunny: Whatever *leaves*

Then the bunny starts going around telling everyone you are mean.

Now, of course the bunny is wayy out of line by saying those things. But the best thing to do is to just say "I wasn't being mean." Report the bunny, and leave. Let other people trade with the bunny and see for themselves.

Other clubhouse rooms

Of course, most problems occur in the trading room, but not all of them

In gaming rooms, I often play a game with someone, win hands down and they get mad and say that I am a cheater, I am mean, etc

Just say "I am sorry that I won this time, do you want to play again?" If they say "no you are mean" Just leave the room. If they do play again, let them win... just so nothing bad happens.

Sometimes, people won't talk to you in a garden yard room, or excersize room. Saying "cry cry cry" won't do you any good, and neither will whining. That will make them not want to talk to you. I would try to start a conversation, and if they don't catch on, just go to a different, less crowded room.
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
ow
Webkinz :)

london45 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Ways to get out of sticky situations in the Webkinz Clubhouse

This is a really helpful thread!!
london45 is offline Female
Old 02-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
Gift Guru

TexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roostTexasGirl8 rules the roost

Thanks, that is just what I was aiming for xD Thanks for dropping by!
TexasGirl8 is offline Female
Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
and lovin' it!
Gift Guru

Pubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to behold

Nice thread, tex! Reppies! "Sigh" I hate the sympathy card trick. Usually I just switch rooms. One time someone put up an apple after I put up an exclusive. They click trade so I unlocked him. THey were like "sorry that's all I have I'm poor do you have a superbed?" I said yeah and put it up, and they were happy and started putting up all these rares. It was pathetic. I also had some1 claiming to work for webkinz. I mean, ganz is monitoring, but I don't think they even use Webkinz and if they did, they wouldn't tell the whole room! Later she asked me to trade and then asked if I wanted to donate anything to charity. WOW...
~pub
Pubob03 is offline Female
Old 02-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #5
owee! Finally I'm a
Banned
♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all♥Julia♥ is a name known to all

Wow, this is a very imformative thread! Well written! I'm surpirsed its not that popular, maybe try changig the title to someone more eye grabbing?
♥Julia♥ is offline Female
Old 03-05-2009, 12:15 AM   #6
hermione90

alyson93 is on a distinguished road

very useful
alyson93 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
hy oh why am I a

abbycool12 is on a distinguished road

Talking Re: Ways to get out of sticky situations in the Webkinz Clubhouse

Very helpful...How do you get out of those boy-likes-girl things?
Ps:What does GE mean?
I'm new!
abbycool12 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2009, 03:46 PM   #8
DuckKin is my userna
Gift Trainee

katykinz has a spectacular aura aboutkatykinz has a spectacular aura about

Lightbulb Re: Ways to get out of sticky situations in the Webkinz Clubhouse

View Post Originally Posted by abbycool12
Very helpful...How do you get out of those boy-likes-girl things?
Ps:What does GE mean?
I'm new!
"GE" means Gift Exchange. Once you've posted 50 times, and been a member for 2 weeks, you can post on a sticky thread (blue link) in the "WI Rules and Suggestions" section. Then, a moderator will read all your posts, and if you haven't been using bad language or anything, they'll let you into the Gift Exchange. In the Gift Exchange, you can trade other Webkinz Insider members for Webkinz World items. Hope I helped!
katykinz is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #9

Vivi20 has disabled reputation

Wow I love your thread yeah i had the sending thing happen to me once. But i was so mad when someone said they had a super bed and it was a piece of food and i traded my Witch Dress I was so mad!! But this will help me know when things like that happen so thanks again
Vivi20 is offline Female
Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #10

dancerdog53 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for making this thread! It has really helped me out in the trading room. The "sympathy card" scam has happened to me and I am sorry to say I gave up a super bed. I had never come across that situation before and so I was an easy target. Oh well, next time I will know what to do. Thanks again!
Closed