Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #11
the fairest 0f all
Gift Guru

sn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all aroundsn0wwhite radiates beauty and kindness all around

Default Re: WARNING: XPANTIVIRUS ***A must read!***

thanks for the tips! i will never understand virus creators and why they feel the need to do this junk.
sn0wwhite is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by sn0wwhite
thanks for the tips! i will never understand virus creators and why they feel the need to do this junk.
yea... i once read that the first virus creator was a 14 year old... he did it to play a trick on his friends or something dumb like that. :p but i read that on wikipedia, so who knows how true it is.

---------- tee1000 added 3 Minutes and 43 Seconds later ----------

Quote:
A common misconception is that a program called "Rother J" was the first computer virus to appear "in the wild" — that is, outside the single computer or lab where it was created, but that claim is false. See the Timeline of notable computer viruses and worms for other earlier viruses. It was however the first virus to infect computers "in the home". Written in 1982 by Richard Skrenta, it attached itself to the Apple DOS 3.3 operating system and spread by floppy disk.[2] This virus was originally a joke, created by a high school student and put onto a game. The disk could only be used 49 times. The game was set to play, but release the virus on the 50th time of starting the game. Only this time, instead of playing the game, it would change to a blank screen that read a message about the virus named Elk Cloner. The message that showed up on the screen is as follows:
"Elk Cloner: The program with a personality It will get on all your disksIt will infiltrate your chipsYes it's Cloner!It will stick to you like glueIt will modify RAM tooSend in the Cloner!"The computer would then be infected.
thats from wikipedia... that would be creepy seeing that message...

Last edited by tee1000; 05-18-2008 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
tee1000 is offline Female
Old 05-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

CocoLion is just really niceCocoLion is just really nice

Thank you very much! My family's new computer got a virus and it shut down completely! This'll help us very much- Rep points to you!
~CocoLion
CocoLion is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 07:34 AM   #14
puncuation
Gift Guru

puncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to allpuncuation is a name known to all

thanks for warning us! rep point for you!
puncuation is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #15
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

Wow, thanks! I don't know whether it works for Macintosh, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out!
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 05-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #16
call me maisy! :)
Gift Guru

maisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant futuremaisydog13 has a brilliant future

Thankyou! Rep points too you!
maisydog13 is offline Male
Old 05-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #17
Please ask
Gifted

11coffee12 is on a distinguished road

Hi Tee. Thanks for letting me know about this. You will be getting rep points.

Your friend,

11coffee12
Old 05-21-2008, 03:08 PM   #18
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

thanks everyone!
tee1000 is offline Female
Old 05-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #19
Webkinz :)

Piratekitty7 is on a distinguished road

probably the best thing to do, especially if you are using a family used laptop, or one that you will take somewhere like a library, school, or any public place (college)...is to invest about 20 dollars in a good virus protection program

iola antivirus is a good program, and i spent a year in college with it, and even with it being hooked up to a college network, where a lot of people ended up having problems, i didnt have any

actually, having any program helps, but i know that one works for me...it updates regularly, runs regular tests, and will even warn you if something doesnt seem right

(better safe than sorry!...get some sort of protection for your personal computer!)
Old 05-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #20
Vote David Cook
Gifted

EE500 has a spectacular aura about

My mom and my computer both crashed because of a virus.(at least my mom's did we haven't been able to try to get my computer fixed) The guy that fixed my mom's computer said that the virus was most likely from youtube because my mom has to tell him what websites we go on. He said that the virus was most likely from youtube so now I am not a loud to go on youtube until I get my computer gets fixed. I am really freaked out now because ever since I have seen the movie Sydney White and when her computer gets hacked I always get freaked out for some reason and I just hope my computer didn't get hacked! So I completly agree with you on how you should never open that kind of mail in your mailbox(e-mail). It could just give someone information on how to hack your computer. But no one should get freaked out about this (hacking) because it is illegeal I believe and people could get in serious trouble for doing it. But this is a really important thing to remember because then you could lose a lot of stuff from getting viruses and then you can't do research for reports or type something for school. I don't know about you guys but my mom keeps her stuff she needs to do ever day on her computer and she lost all of that because the computer wouldn't turn on. So it was a good thing she could remember things and my dad has stuff on his phone too. But it is somthing that can end up being very dangerous! That is why you should never click on these ads you see on webkinzinsider and other sites because the can lead to many dangerous viruses. So thanks SO much for posting this because now everyone that goes on the computer a lot knows how important it is to stay safe.

Thanks so much! This helped me and many other people!

---------- EE500 added 1 Minutes and 12 Seconds later ----------

WOAH!! I never posted that long before!! WOW!

Last edited by EE500; 05-24-2008 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
EE500 is offline Female
Closed