Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

Default WARNING: XPANTIVIRUS ***A must read!***

Just a warning to everyone!

I was just on the computer and some thing popped up. Here is what it did:

-A box popped up saying my computer may contain malware (viruses). From past experiences, and what I've read I knew to say no, cuz they probably would give you viruses. I pushed alt+f4 on my keyboard, which closes the current window.

-Then some site popped up and it looked like it was downloading something. I didnt have enough time to see what it said cuz I closed it so fast. But i think it was 'checking for viruses'.

-Then after I closed that, another pop up came that asked if I would like to download xpantivirus but...

-Before I could answer that, good ole AVG comes and says it detected a threat (omgosh, i almost type thread, im not addicted to wi... ) I moved it to the vault.

-Then about the would I like to download xpantivirus, i did alt+f4 again.

After that, i then looked on the yahoo search engine for xpantivirus. I used Yahoo because they have this new thing where when you search, they will scan the site and let you know if it contains harmful downloads. And sure enough, one of the sites was for xpantivirus page, and yep, it was marked to be careful. Other results were on how to remove this virus. I went to one of the sites (CLICK HERE FOR THE SITE) and did the first instruction on the guide of how to remove it. I found nothing in my search for xpantivirus on the computer.

I had a bunch of tips, but then when I went to post it WI said i was logged out, and I only had that typed. Ill add my tips again later!

Tee's Totally Tee-rific Anti-virus Tips!:

-A limited account on Windows is better in some ways. If you are an administrator on the computer, if you get a virus, it will install on all other accounts on that same computer. If you are a limited user, then it stays on yours.

-Always keep a virus program like AVG running!

-Never click on links you get on emails, unless you know who sent it to you! People can trick you to thinking its one site, but it takes you to another. See? webkinz.com

-After you download something off of the internet, always scan it! You can never be too safe, it might contain viruses!

-The rest coming soon!

Best of luck to all readers, and I hope this helps out some people, and I didnt just waste an hour of my life typing this. LOL

tee.!

Helpful WI User Posts:

View Post Originally Posted by MissGnomie
for those not aware - AVG is free for download here:
http://free.grisoft.com/

it is one of the leading virus protection and malware protection programs out there.
Be sure to check with your parents before downloading any program and be very careful downloading .exe files from un-known sites.

Scan everything (even from trusted sites) before opening the file.

Last edited by tee1000; 05-18-2008 at 03:50 PM..
tee1000 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
:) :p >:p :) :p**
Webkinz :)

ColoBones is on a distinguished road

Default Re: WARNING: XPANTIVIRUS ***A must read!***

Wow! Thx!!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #3

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

for those not aware - AVG is free for download here:
http://free.grisoft.com/

it is one of the leading virus protection and malware protection programs out there.
Be sure to check with your parents before downloading any program and be very careful downloading .exe files from un-known sites.

Scan everything (even from trusted sites) before opening the file.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 05-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
Gift Guru
tee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to alltee1000 is a name known to all

forgot to add that! thanks missgnomie!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Did this ad come up when you were on this site?
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 05-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by -Lilypad
Did this ad come up when you were on this site?
no when i was searching for stuff on yahoo. i didnt even click anything when it showed up. my dads been downloading all this junk from sites, so it was probably attached to there and decided to come out... probably that... yahoo is pretty popular, im sure they wouldnt give viruses.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #7

MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris
MissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck NorrisMissGnomie is better than Chuck Norris

View Post Originally Posted by tee1000
forgot to add that! thanks missgnomie!
no problem glad you got it all figured out.
MissGnomie is offline Female
Old 05-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by tee1000
no when i was searching for stuff on yahoo. i didnt even click anything when it showed up. my dads been downloading all this junk from sites, so it was probably attached to there and decided to come out... probably that... yahoo is pretty popular, im sure they wouldnt give viruses.
but... a while ago i posted this, and it happened. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=116829

these darn viruses love me! too bad i dont feel the same way about them.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #9
Fieldhockeyxoxo

Thanks for the warning!!! Virus' kill your computer!!! I got a virus on my old laptop and it was done with. The mouse wasnt moving and i couldnt get on the internet. EVEN THE GEEK SQUAD COULDNT FIX IT!!!!

Yeah- I have the anti virus stuff so i should be ok this time
Old 05-18-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
Gift Guru

sorry but lol. geek squad couldnt even fix it? haha...

we once had this one... generic6.-something- i forget. and no program could get rid of it. :p it kept coming back.
Closed