Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Gift Guru

bookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Want to make a Guide or How-To, but don't know where to begin? Click here for any EASY 5 step guide to making a great guide or how-to!

Okay, so i've read and seen many guides and how-to's that are good ideas, and are topics that a lot of people want to learn to do, but they hard to read, and very confusing.

And just so you know, I thought of the idea to make a guide on guides one night when I couldn't get to sleep. So I just got my phone (it was closest to me and I couldn't find any paper) and typed out a message to remind myself of this idea and what I could put in the actual guide.

Anyways, back to the reason you clicked on this guide--the 5 easy steps!

1. Have a topic that you haven't seen a guide on! Members on WI don't want to see Guides and How-To's on the same topic over and over again. To find if there already is or was a Guide or How-To for a certain topic, go to the top of the screen and click "Search", and search for it in this section.

2. Use various sentence lengths and types! Make sure that all of your sentences aren't the same length. If they are all the same legth, it makes your guide boring, and nobody wants to get bored reading about something they want to know about! Put some questions, or exclamation points in your Guide or How-To every now and then!

3. Bold important things and use larger font sizes! If you bold the important things, members will know that it's important, and that they need to know it. Nobody wants to have to read itsy-bitsy little words, it hurts peoples eyes! You don't want to be responsible for partially damaging a members eyes, do you? ???

4. Use dark colors! I've seen many members use yellows, light grays, light pinks, and neon colors in there threads, and that hurts your eyes more than itsy-bitsy text! If you use dark colors, like black, navy, dark green, or dark gray, you won't blind a fellow member!

5. Pictures! I am a very visual person. So when I see guides that are telling you how to (for example) draw a Webkinz Firefawn, I'd like to see what it looks like in the first, second, third and so on steps. It'd be even better if you posted what it looked like when you were all finished!

Well, that's pretty much it--please post and comment!

Last edited by bookworm5854; 03-16-2009 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bookworm5854 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Gift Guru

ouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: The 5 Step Guide to Making a Great Guide or How-To

Great guide on guides!
LOL, I'm trying to start one myself, but I'm unsure of the topic.
This really helps
ouscream is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Gift Guru

bookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clownbookworm5854 is cool as a bunny clown

Thank you so much or the comment!
I'm glad I could help!
Old 01-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
Gift Guru

ouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to beholdouscream is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to your guide on guides (hehe, that's fun to say)
I just got one up! Thanks!
ouscream is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
Gift Guru

I'll go check it out!

---------- bookworm5854 added 1050 Minutes and 20 Seconds later ----------

Anyone want to comment?

It took me a while to even do this thread, and a lot longer to think of the ideas to put in it.

Last edited by bookworm5854; 01-30-2009 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
Call me Yana or Miki
Gifted

mikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of lightmikilaapplep is a glorious beacon of light

A guide on guides. Wow, creative!
mikilaapplep is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Thanks!

I thought of the idea late a night ago!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:05 AM   #8
green =/= creative
Banned
x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!x pookie x is headed for the top!

I really like the font color type, I agree!
x pookie x is offline Female
Old 01-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #9
Gift Guru

Thanks!

Anyone else want to comment?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #10
I is a haven for a
Gift Guru

gReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wondergReTa wows us all with wonder

A guide on guides! Great!
gReTa is offline Female
Closed