Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
SophieRecords!
Webkinz :)

SophieKinz can ride a flying orange
SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

Exclamation Virus safety information! Very important, so click here!

NOTE: I made this thread in 2010, and it got closed a few times because of lack of posts. I decided to repost it here because it seemed like a better place to put it instead of Open Mike. Enjoy!

Viruses.

Those pesky bugs in your computer, hacking away until everything in your computer is infected.

They are like viruses in the human body, infect every part of you body, unless it is STOPPED.

Follow these tips, and your computer will be healthy.

. . .

Yes, viruses. You've heard about them a bajillion times. But I feel the need to explain, why viruses are so harmful, and what they can do to your computer.

Collect Personal Info
If a virus gets into your computer, it can track everything you do. This includes:

Your e-mail password
Your phone number
Your address
Your name
Your age
Your income
Your credit card number

This leads me to say, never give out your personal information on the Internet. Not only do you not know the person on the other side, but if a virus is on your computer, it can be tracking EVERYTHING you type, and send all the info to an unreliable company. And if your best friend who comes over everyday asks for your address in an e-mail, you know it's NOT them, and someone hacked their account. Do NOT reply.

Delete Important Files
A virus can manage to delete your big 10 page essay your resume, or other files that you worked hard on. Viruses don't care what they destory. They just destory, destory, destory.

Infect Your Files
A virus can make duplicate copies of itself, and spread from file to file. The more files infected, the harder it will be to get rid of the virus.

Spread
A virus can attach itself to an e-mail you are sending to a friend, and the minute they open the e-mail, their computer is infected too.

Now that you know the horrid things a virus does to your computer, you probably want to be extra sure you are doing the right things to prevent viruses.

. . .

Well, I can help with that, too.

• DO NOT download ANYTHING onto your computer before checking that it is a real company and that it doesn't have viruses.
  • Do not give out personal information on the Internet.
  • IQ Tests, Quizes, etc, that pop up are NOT real. At the end, they always ask for a cell phone number/e-mail address. This is just to spam you.
  • You are the 1,000,000th visitor pop-ups are fake. Don't even open them. They download viruses on your computer.
  • Before downloading anti-virus programs, check on the internet that it is a reliable one.
  • DO NOT press any buttons to a message that pops up, even if you are just pressing the red 'X', "no", or "cancel". Just leave your computer, and tell a parent/guardian.
    Example:
Click the image to open in full size.

This is what you should do: press alt+control+delete at the same time, and a little box should open up called "Task Manager". Close the box from there, instead of clicking the red X. Clicking the red X puts the virus into your computer. After that, tell a parent/guardian, or call a parent/guardian and they can do it for you, if you still aren't sure how. Either way, in the end they should know what happened. You should also scan your computer just in case.

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
Great info! Thanks again for posting it.
I was just talking to a 'computer guy' at Office Depot, who was fixing my dd's computer, and he said not to even go through the 'control-alt-delete' sequence. (that doesn't clear that pop-up completely) He said just hold down the manual turn-off button on your computer and totally shut it down. (don't just restart, it needs to shut down completely) He said it might take 10 or 15 seconds of holding down the button.
Yes, Desty is very true, I forgot to mention this. Sometimes, if Task Manager freezes up, you have to just hold down the power button of your computer and it should turn off. Then hit the power button again and wait for your computer to start up again. However, if you are in the middle of doing something that needs to be saved, I would definitely try Task Manager before turning off your computer.

If you follow these tips, you should be 110% protected from viruses!

. . .

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by SophieKinz; 01-20-2013 at 11:57 AM..
SophieKinz is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2011, 02:56 PM   #2

jonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonderjonasgirl512 wows us all with wonder

Default Re: Virus safety information! Very important, so click here!

You get a rep!
jonasgirl512 is offline Female
Old 04-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I was just talking to a 'computer guy' at Office Depot, who was fixing my dd's computer, and he said not to even go through the 'control-alt-delete' sequence. (that doesn't clear that pop-up completely) He said just hold down the manual turn-off button on your computer and totally shut it down. (don't just restart, it needs to shut down completely) He said it might take 10 or 15 seconds of holding down the button.
Desty is offline Female
Old 04-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #4

Mochi has disabled reputation

This is very helpful to members who are not so tech savvy. (like me!)
Mochi is offline Female
Old 04-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
This is Halloween!

Musicgurl has a spectacular aura aboutMusicgurl has a spectacular aura about

yeah, I know about that! I had tried to open something on my Netbook and the computer just froze up. I called my dad over and he told me I needed to power flush it and he held down the power button for 20 seconds while telling me this. The Internet can be dangerous!
Musicgurl is offline Female
Old 04-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
SophieRecords!

SophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orangeSophieKinz can ride a flying orange

Yes, I forgot to mention that. If task manager freezes completely, you should do that. Thanks everyone for reading!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
Gift Guru

Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google
Bookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on GoogleBookworm255 had their name pop up under (did you mean) when you type (awesome) on Google

Great info! Thanks for posting it.
Bookworm255 is offline Male
Old 04-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
SophieRecords!

You're welcome Thank YOU all for reading! It really does mean a lot.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Gifted

Midnightstars33 has disabled reputation

Thanks for posting this!
I once had a virus in my computer, and this is helpful if i get one again (:
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #10
SophieRecords!

No problem bud!
Closed

Tags
<(^^.)>slu-nail-urtle-oth, alley&kate&ali, crashkittenjr was here!, do it!!, kevinelevin was here!, save ur computer!, say cheese!, webguy was here!, you are beautiful!!! ♥