Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #51
visit my shop!!!plz.
Webkinz :)

WEBKINZRCOOL100 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it. 3 names for it known, Security Tool, PAV (Personal Anti Virus) and Antivirus 7

thanks so much for this thread! i get that pop up a lot... i had no idea! luckily i never buy it. i just restart my computer.
WEBKINZRCOOL100 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #52
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Default Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it. 3 names for it known, Security Tool, PAV (Personal Anti Virus) and Antivirus 7

I haven't seen this virus for nearly 2 weeks, I think Justin has taken care of the problem. But if anyone else is still having problems with it please post so, any information on this virus will help.

Thank you
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 04-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #53
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Wonderful guide. Thanks so much for the tips.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:47 PM   #54
thesaz

Thesaz123 is an unknown quantity at this point

My family computer once had a terrible malware infection, my dad called someone my grandma knew and he told us about this LIFESAVING site called Malewarebyte's, if you are not sure about it and want to know if its legit, just google it or look it up on wikipedia. Also, i found this list on wikipedia of all known viruses, trojans, malware programs and worms, it is very helpful if you want to know about a security system you have never seen... (stupid hacker people, they are )
Thesaz123 is offline Male
Old 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #55

CJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clownCJMM is cool as a bunny clown

several people reported a pop up yesterday evening on WI site, it is still here, trying to get in.
CJMM is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #56

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

I had this pop-up yesterday, clicked cancel and it started fake scanning, so I turned my computer off. Funny thing is, when I was looking at this thread 5 minutes ago, I got another pop-up! I was on Webkinz at the time, so I just turned my computer off again. Hopefully next time I'll remember to take notice of what ads are on WI so it can be stopped!
Beautykinz is offline Female
Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #57
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

Thanks again for a great thread full of VERY helpful info!!! Deserves a 5 * rating
kayembee is offline Female
Old 04-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #58

NikkiRox is on a distinguished road

Post Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it. 3 names for it known, Security Tool, PAV (Personal Anti Virus) and Antivirus 7

View Post Originally Posted by Jujubees
Thank you so much for all the information! I've had this pop-up before and got totally freaked and just closed my browser and ran my own scan. Of course I found nothing and it took a lot of time. Glad to know that I am not infected. I just don't know what site I was on.

Good to know WI and it's members will do their best to keep us safe from that!
That's exactly what I did when I saw the pop-up yesterday.
At first I was like "NOO!! AND FROM WI?! WHAT IN THE WORLD?!"
But then I did a huge scan.
It took a long time and nothing showed up...nothing.
I hope this gets resolved soon! I hate the sound of viruses.
We've had many before, so I guess that's why...

Last edited by NikkiRox; 04-22-2010 at 09:32 AM..
NikkiRox is offline Female
Old 04-23-2010, 06:33 AM   #59

Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.
Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.Beautykinz is #1 to the fourth.

I just got the virus advertisement. It actually popped up with WI minimized and I was on Webkinz. I was able to get out of their screen and WI had the Prudential ad on top, and webvirtualtoy.com and assurance wireless on the left. I hope this info helps. I also copied the http:// address if you need it.
Beautykinz is offline Female
Old 04-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #60

NikkiRox is on a distinguished road

Post Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it. 3 names for it known, Security Tool, PAV (Personal Anti Virus) and Antivirus 7

This virus is persistent. I just got it...again, a few minutes ago.
The first three numbers were 917. I didn't see the rest; I was busy restarting the computer.
I hope this gets fixed soon. As I might have already mentioned, virus and I DO NOT go with each other
NikkiRox is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pawsome thread! -luree