Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #31
Gifted

joshgrobanfan will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it...

I have also had this pop up on my computer HERE on WI. I thought this was a virus-safe site.

All I did was start X-ing out of the boxes that were popping up, and then got off the internet. I'm hoping that was all I had to do. It's popped up many times on me but I just exit out of everything and hopefully I don't have the virus on my computer.

This sounds bad. We had malware get onto our computer last summer and it basically destroyed our computer and we had to get a new hard drive - it destroyed everything and eventually wouldn't run anymore. It kept playing ads (just the sound) randomly. Also, when we were on the internet and tried to type in something on google, it kept taking us to a certain site whether we wanted to go there or not. It got worse and worse and eventually the computer ran so slow it wouldn't function at all. We ended up figuring out what it was but couldn't remove it. I forgot the name of it, sorry.

View Post Originally Posted by pinky719
no but i keep getting these types of pop ups:
Click the image to open in full size.
they are really annoying i do not know how to stop them from coming up! they always have sound to them too!
there are different ones that pop up too!

sometimes when i X them out the sound still plays!! is this a sign of a virus???

Last edited by joshgrobanfan; 03-06-2010 at 11:18 AM..
joshgrobanfan is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 PM   #32
ould you?
Gift Guru

Amygirl8 has disabled reputation

Default Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it...

ARG! I got another one! Seriously! Which ad is it?!? I can't say since i have the wi sub, but seriously! So annoying!
Amygirl8 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #33
Gift Guru

pinky719 is sweet stuff
pinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuffpinky719 is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by joshgrobanfan
I have also had this pop up on my computer HERE on WI. I thought this was a virus-safe site.

All I did was start X-ing out of the boxes that were popping up, and then got off the internet. I'm hoping that was all I had to do. It's popped up many times on me but I just exit out of everything and hopefully I don't have the virus on my computer.

This sounds bad. We had malware get onto our computer last summer and it basically destroyed our computer and we had to get a new hard drive - it destroyed everything and eventually wouldn't run anymore. It kept playing ads (just the sound) randomly. Also, when we were on the internet and tried to type in something on google, it kept taking us to a certain site whether we wanted to go there or not. It got worse and worse and eventually the computer ran so slow it wouldn't function at all. We ended up figuring out what it was but couldn't remove it. I forgot the name of it, sorry.
oh wow! I really hope that is not the case with mine! we have had problems before and had to get a new hard drive, on a different computer though. I will look into that! Thanks so much!
pinky719 is offline Female
Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #34
Webkinz :)

tigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wondertigergirl890 wows us all with wonder

Thanks for letting us know! I'll be more aware of that now
tigergirl890 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #35
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

The virus is also calling itself Antivirus 7! And here are some more pictures of it.

First came this message...

Then my real anti virus popped up and said this...

And finally, the virus it did a quick fake scan and said this...

Security Tool and Antivirus 7 are virus's. Not anti virus's
If anyone has seen it call itself another name please let me know so I can write it put it on the first page. Thanks!
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 03-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #36

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

Default Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it...*Update* Virus now has 2 names, Security Tool and Antivirus 7

I get this notice on a daily basis...I have told my kids not to leave WI open because every time we do we get this notice. My sisters computer is infected! I will give her this info to see if she can remove the virus. I will be checking my computer now. I really think this should be on the front page. I acutally had just taken a screen shot and was going to post this to see if anyone knew what was up and that is how I found this thread. Thanks for this important information!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:50 PM   #37
hat would you do for

webkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Have you been seing pop-ups that say you your computer's infected? Well that's this virus. Look inside for screen shots and what you need to know about it...*Update* Virus now has 2 names, Security Tool and Antivirus 7

OK It's been trying to get to my computer but when I go to processes I don't see any that start with a random #. Is there some reason for that?
webkinzlover122 is offline Female
Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #38

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

I had Security Tool for a while on my computer, but I found a simple video on youtube for how to uninstall it. It was really easy; it involved changing the file name of the Security Tool virus. But now I have another set of pop-ups, and it isn't Security Tool or Antivirus 7. It is called xP Internet Security and it's not the newer, 2010 one. That seems to be the one that I can only find cures for; but apparently they are different because they do not work. And I even tried to use the same method that I used for Security Tool, and still no luck. Does anyone happen to know how to stop this? If you do, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #39
hat would you do for

webkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura aboutwebkinzlover122 has a spectacular aura about

When I got to the configuring system I see a random number. Should i remove that file? Please let me know ASAP.
webkinzlover122 is offline Female
Old 03-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #40

Beetlike is sweet stuff
Beetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuffBeetlike is sweet stuff

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzlover122
When I got to the configuring system I see a random number. Should i remove that file? Please let me know ASAP.
Do you have the security tool virus? If you do, it should be an 8 digit number file.
Closed

Tags
pawsome thread! -luree