Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #91
Yipes bunnies
Webkinz :)

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

Default Re: The virus guide! Everything you need to know to keep your computer safe online and offline! Including a basic virus removal technique, reccomended Antivirus', pictures and more...

View Post Originally Posted by KinzUser2523
I'll be updating every few days now, to keep it up-to-date.
If anyone has anything to add, please post. No matter how small it may be...if you feel it's missing from this guide or it's something you think should be included, please say so!
Hi kinzuser, today when i was here in WI i clicked on the top lines above the rares to go back to forum and got pop ad from ATT/Samsung. happened three times when i clicked the X to shut it down. what i did was go to IE tools, to internet options to Security to RESTRICTED SITES and added their http// address to the restricted list. then brought up Task Manager and they were listed soo did End Task. that got rid of it.
Lucy Hippo is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #92
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Default Re: The virus guide! Everything you need to know to keep your computer safe online and offline! Including a basic virus removal technique, reccomended Antivirus', pictures and more. - WINDOWS

View Post Originally Posted by wildgirl33
Thank You!Can you add that Russian stuff has a lot of viruses?
If you are getting redirected to a Russian speaking site, it may just be an error. Russian websites don't neccessarily have alot of viruses.

They treat internet like we do...we have hackers, they have hackers. Just because you see a website in Russian, doesn't mean there's a virus on the site. You have as much chance getting a virus on an American site, as you do a Russian site!

That just sounded a little rude...just remember that in other countries, they function like we do. You have as much chance getting a virus on an American site, as you do a Russian site!
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Old 10-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #93
webkinz emo vampire
StarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guideStarryLight is a golden guide

Default Re: The virus guide! Everything you need to know to keep your computer safe online and offline! Including a basic virus removal technique, reccomended Antivirus', pictures and more. - WINDOWS

Thank you for the WONDERFUL guide! I wonder why people create viruses. That is just sad.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #94
ell i'm katiee (:

klcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledgeklcao12 flows towards the sea of knowledge

thanks so much for this thread!(:
i appreciate it V E R Y much
klcao12 is offline Female
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #95
Gifted

labsrock has disabled reputation

Thanks for the wonderful info!
labsrock is offline Female
Old 10-27-2010, 06:07 AM   #96
Yipes bunnies

Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all
Lucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to allLucy Hippo is a mentor to all

Hi, Kinzuser......... I sent you a message today regarding WI specific infestations. i forgot to add that that infestatation makes hyper-links with double-underline and different colored words..
Old 10-27-2010, 06:20 AM   #97
Babs1978

Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade
Babs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comradeBabs is a saintly comrade

Kinzuser, excellent info, there was I few things I did not know. This was very helpful. Thank you.
Babs is offline Female
Old 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #98

Centex Homes 1 swims in greatness
Centex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatnessCentex Homes 1 swims in greatness

This guide is helpful.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:53 AM   #99
Yipes bunnies

View Post Originally Posted by wildgirl33
Thank You!Can you add that Russian stuff has a lot of viruses?
hi wildgirl, kinzuser is right. russian sites dont necessarily contain viruses but they and other forgein sites do contain a lot of malware and XXX (how can i put this delicately???) okay, XXX are ADULT content. ....................................................so to continue, i have a tip. dont click on any link until you read the site HTTP adress. just click on .com, .gov, .net, etc. learn to read the address. like if it doesent say .com but says .de, or .ru, these are foreign countries. for the United States you will also see .us. okay, LEARN TO SURF SAFELY.......
Old 11-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #100
Mayora 13

KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character
KinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable characterKinzUser2523 has an honorable character

Posting for thread to remain open.
Thank you for the tips Lucy.
If anyone else has anything to add, please post it here.
KinzUser2523 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
pawsome thread! -luree