Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
arriors and a Fox
Webkinz :)

KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!
KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!KatieKinz8 is a WI addict!

Exclamation The Ultimate Quote Guide for Google Chrome Users!

Note: This doesn't work for Internet Explorer (and I'm not sure if this works for Firefox).

Every \ slash you see in this tutorial is facing the wrong direction. The slash should look like / otherwise the quote won't work. This applies throughout the whole tutorial.

Originally Posted by .........Hi! Are YOU confused with QUOTE WRAPS???
Then YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!!
Wasn't that ^ cool??? Well, today, I'm gonna teach you how to do that! Let's start!

Segment 1:
Custom Quote Wraps
Names: No

Here we'll cover the basics of a quote. The result will have no names at the top.

a. Type out something. Whatever you wanna put in a quote box.
b. Highlight the whole text, then click the button that resembles a yellow speech bubble.
c. Things should look like this:
[QUOTE]Whatever you typed[\QUOTE]
d. Submit the thing. The end result should look like this:

Quote:
Whatever you typed
Well, good job! Now you know how to make a basic custom quote. This can be included in your siggie, a thread, anything with at least a few of the necessary typing buttons.

Segment 2:
The Quote from afar
Names: Yes

Now, we'll learn how to take someone else's post and make a quote out of it. THEN we'll see how to literally take the quote farther. If you think you know how to do this, just keep reading!

a. Find the post you wish to quote. Click the "quote" button at the lower right corner of the post.
b. A jumble of words ( [QUOTE=Name]the person's text, plus some other random stuff[\QUOTE] ) should appear in the text box. This is the quote.
c. Edit out whatever text you don't need (but not the [QUOTE] [\QUOTE] words!!!!!) and/or add your own text above and/or below the quote.

BONUS PART

d. Highlight everything in the box, right-click it and select "cut".
e. Go wherever you want your quote to appear.
f. Right-click inside the text box and click "paste".
g. Submit your post. The end result should look like this:

Originally Posted by KatieKinz8
Ta-da! Here's the quote you ordered! (Would you like extra salt with that, sir?)
Awesome! You now have that quote. Good job. And now, my faaaaavorite part...

Segment 3:
Custom Quote Wraps Jr.
Names: Yes!

Look at these two quote boxes for a minute, OK?

Quote:
---
Originally Posted by Meee
---
See the difference??? One has a NAME at the top, and one does NOT. Now I shall teach you how to create a custom quote, THIS TIME.......with a NAME AT THE TOP!!!

a. Type this in the text box: [QUOTE=whatever name you want!!!] This is the username.
b. Type whatever after it. This goes inside the box.
c. Type [\QUOTE]. (Remember the red letters at the top OK?)
d. The end result should look like this:

Originally Posted by Somebody break out the trumpets and play a fanfare!!!
CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT!!! Isn't this cool!?!?!?
TA-DA!!!! Now you know how to make custom quotes with names...and everything else there is to know about quoting. Anyway, if you have any questions about this tutorial, please ask! And even if you have no questions, please comment here, and VM me! Thanks and God bless you!!!

Last edited by KatieKinz8; 10-30-2011 at 08:28 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #2

Koodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roostKoodo rules the roost

Default Re: The Ultimate Quote Guide for Google Chrome Users!

[QUOTE=Kendra] Like this? I hope this works! [\QUOTE]

EDIT: I have Internet Explorer, that's why it isn't working . Great guide though !
Koodo is offline Female
Old 10-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
psalm 27:1

hpfan9 is sweet stuff
hpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuffhpfan9 is sweet stuff

Default Re: The Ultimate Quote Guide for Google Chrome Users!

Originally Posted by Kelsey
Strange, it's working for me
[QUOTE=Koodo;25147233]
Originally Posted by Kendra
Like this? I hope this works! [\QUOTE]

EDIT: I have Internet Explorer, that's why it isn't working . Great guide though !
No, your / is the wrond way.

Last edited by hpfan9; 10-30-2011 at 03:09 PM..
hpfan9 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cool trick!, jesus loves you!, quote tutorial, soa, teaser tag