| 04-06-2010, 04:43 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Feb 2008
| | Trading Room Ettquette and Tips: Guide
Here are a few tips on the Trading Room. These are tips on etiquette only, but they will hopefully help with safety too.
1) Choose your room wisely. Decide whether you want to communicate a lot about your trade , or just a little. If you want to talk specifically about what items you want, then go into a Kinz Chat Plus room. If you wish to just trade without talking, then a regular Kinz Chat room is better because it will allow you, and others to chat easier about specific needs or wants.
2) Advertise politely! If you are in Kinzchat Plus and you are trying to see if anyone in the room has an item you are looking for, use your talk bubble to politely advertise what you want. Say please and thank you and use smileys!. Move around the room with your talk bubble several times because some people might not be able to see the talk bubble from certain angles, especially if there are a lot of Webkinz traders in the room.
3) Start off the trade on the right foot! Say hi to other webkinz traders, especially once you have sat down and invited someone to trade. Be polite and courteous. Maybe send a smiley icon and chat a little and ask what the other person likes and wants. or you can simply say, how are you today? I am looking for a -------------. (Insert item name of whatever you want).
4) Continue to Communicate! If you can't find the item quickly, let the trading partner know that you will take a few minutes to find what they are asking for. Also if you have put up several items, but only want to trade one for the item your partner is offering you, make sure to let them know that. Communication is key to a good trade. Make sure to take down any extra items you have put up after your partner has made a choice so as not to cause confusion. Try to verify that their choice of items from your trades is the exact items you have put up, and vice versa.
5) Try to trade items of equal value if possible. Don't expect a rare furniture item in return for a piece of W shop clothing or food. If you are looking for a wallpaper, try to trade a wallpaper. If your trading partner puts up an exclusive item, try to offer something special in return. If you can't come to a fair arrangement quickly, then thank the partner for trying and politely refuse the trade. Maybe try to add the trader to your friends list and find them another time to resume trading. All that being said, remember that people place all sorts of different values on certain items and what is valuable to one person will not always be valuable to another. So always be courteous about what you consider an item of value and respect your partner's right to refuse a trade if the item you are offering is not of fair value to them. You never know when you might meet that trader again!
6) Remember, trading is a PRIVLEDGE, and we are lucky to have been given this priveledge! But just because you sit down in a trade chair doesn't mean your trading partner has any obligation to give you what you want. If someone puts up an item you don't like or don't want, a simple no thank you will do. Do not insult your fellow traders or call them names.
7) Very Important: If you have any hesitation about trading an item, do not hit the trade button! DO not feel obligated to trade away anything you do not want to trade or recieve any items you really don't want to trade for.
No matter what the out come of your trade, thank your trading partner. When you get back into the trading room with all the other webkinz, go near your trading partner and use smileys and your talk balloon to tell your trading partner that you are happy for trying to trade. If it went well, don't hesitate to tell your trading partner that they made your day! You can make a lot of new friends this way too!
Good luck and enjoy trading everyone! Feel free to add tips to this guide too!
| || |