Hi! Rosielee here! I've noticed that many people like giving and getting rep. points. Here are some helpful tips to help you make a rep-worthy post, how to find you gave you rep, and to help you decide if you should give someone rep.
*Note: This is not guaranteed to get you rep. points. These are just pointers.*
*Note: You should follow these rules, rep. points or not. It's just politeness.*
*Note: Posting in the DCT does not count toward a Gift Trainee status.*
1. Be polite and efficient. People like it when you are polite to them and sympathize. For an example, saying, 'That's a bad idea' probably won't get you rep. Saying 'That's a good idea, but here's one that might work better' is more likely to get you rep.
2. Use your own advice. If you are giving advice to someone, don't give them something random. Tell them something that worked for you in the past, and might work for them.
3. Give your own opinion. Don't go with what everyone else is saying if you disagree with them. If you give your opinion, it may turn out to be the best suggestion.
4. Congratulate people. If someone got a new Webkinz or a new trophy, congratulate them! It's very important to them, and everyone likes it when people say, 'That's awesome!'
5. Reply to people. When someone replies on one of your threads, reply as soon as possible. And make sure that you are polite.
6. Speak in clear, easy-to-read sentences. It's hard for someone to give you rep. when they can't understand you.
7. Post in the Somebody Help area. If you help someone, and your advice is good, they may just thank you with some rep.
8. Post in a thread that doesn't have many posts. The thread's owner will be very happy that someone posted in his/her thread.
8. Post in the DCT (Daily Chat Thread). Many people there give rep. points as an act of kindness.
9. Make a thread or a post that will benefit all of WI. Do you have a solution to a problem, or perhaps some good tips? Making good threads or posts are excellent ways to get rep. Some examples are how to post pictures, how to decide on one thing or the other, or a solution to a glitch.
(Not giving Rep is the opposite of these.)
1. Did someone help you? If so, was the advice good?
2. Did the advice work? If the advice worked, make sure you thank the person.
3. If someone congratulates you, thank them. They took time to say 'Good job'. Now, if they were polite, give them rep.
4. Was the person polite? Did they say, 'That's awesome! Congrats!' or did they say, 'I have that already, it's not special'?
5. Did they upload a cool picture? Pics are hard to take and harder to upload. so its always nice to thank them for a good picture!
6. Did they have a bad day? If so, it'll always cheer someone up to see that they have a nice rep. point.
7. Did they give a good answer? Even if it wasn't on your thread, if you see a post that gives good advice to someone else, don't be afraid to give them a rep! It's even better when, if you were in that position, you'd follow their advice too.
8. Did someone give you rep. in friendship? It's always nice to return the favor.
9. Did someone answer in a kind and polite way? You can give them rep. just because they weren't rude.
Finding your Rep.
1. Scroll all the way up to the top of the page.
2. In the lower left-hand corner, find User CP. Click on it.
3. Click on User CP Home.
4. You have arrived.
When to Red Flag a post.
(Located under your avvie, at the very bottom.)
1. Was the person very rude? I do not mean, 'That's a bad idea' rude. I mean, 'You're so dumb!' rude.
2. Did they curse? If you curse or say something rude, it will *. However, in the event that they have used symbols to make words or it doesn't *, that is an event where you should put up the red flag.
You can also...
3. Close a thread
4. Report spam.
Something that Fits in Nothing
1. Give rep. out like Halloween candy if you love giving rep! Sometimes you just feel generous. Give out some rep!
If I find anything else out, I will add more!
---------- Rosielee added 36 Minutes and 44 Seconds later ----------
Anyone want to comment?