Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Webkinz :)
dolphingirl13 has disabled reputation

Default Thinking about starting a club? How to be a great CLUB MANAGER

One of the coolest features here on WI is the "Join the Club" section, where WI members can start and join clubs about specific topics that interest them. Clubs can be about anything, ranging from books to people to movies to food. If you're thinking about starting a club, here's a guide that's guaranteed to make you everyone's favorite club manager!

Getting Started
The first thing you need to do when starting a club is to make sure that no one else has already started a club about that topic. WI does not allow more than one club for each topic. It's a safe bet that if the club you want to start is not anywhere on the first five pages, it has either not been created yet or been closed. Congratulations, you are now ready to start your club!

The First Post
In your first post, you should introduce the main topic of your club and a little information about it. For example, if you were to start a Taylor Swift fan club, you might want to write a mini biography of Taylor Swift in the first post, as well as a list of a couple of songs she sings. I would also recommend including a form for members to fill out in order to join. Forms can include things like a nickname or preferred name to call a member, which makes conversation with them more casual and friendly. Forms should also include one or two things about the main topic of the club. For example, for a Taylor Swift fan club could include a space on the form that says "Favorite Taylor Swift song" or something along those lines. The first post should also include a list of rules for the club (no fighting, no spamming, etc.) and any other important information. Feel free to customize the first post however you want, and remember you can always go back and edit it anytime. Bright colors and pictures make your club eye-popping and can also help members locate specific sections of the post. (For example, the introduction could be in pink, the membership form could be in green, etc.)

The members of a club are, really, the most important part. Treat them with respect! Whenever you get a new member, welcome them personally. Call them by name, and give each new member a personal compliment. It could be about something they wrote in their post ("'You Belong With Me' is my favorite Taylor Swift song, too!"), about their avatar or signature ("You designed that yourself? It looks amazing!"), or even just about their username ("Do you like dolphins, too? I love them!") Trust me, you can find something to compliment them about. Giving new members a warm welcome will make them a lot more likely to come back again and again.
Get to know your members! Look at their profiles, leave them nice VMs once in a while, or friend them. I'm not saying that you have to be BFFs with every single person who joins your club, just don't be too distant from them.
If you want, you can also have some members hold special jobs in the club. Some jobs you might want to include are vice president, secretary, creative director, police, graphic maker, or anything else you can come up with.

Spreading the Word
After your club is up and running, another difficult task comes up: how to spread the word to other WI members about your club. My best tip is to put a link to the club in your signature. When I first started the "I miss the old Nickelodeon club!", we got about 30 posts and 10 members in the first four weeks. Then one of the members suggested that I put a link in my signature. I was skeptical at first, but I've only had it for about a week and a half and the club is up to almost 500 posts and almost 50 members! I would also suggest that you tell your WI friends about the club, or if you see a thread related to the topic in another section of the forum or a post that expresses interest in your topic, post a reply with a link to your club. (Example: You like Taylor Swift? How about you join my club? *insert link here*) It takes a lot of time and patience, but your club will eventually take off.

If you want to keep your club really busy, I suggest you hold special activities every once in a while. You might want to hold contests, or have "Topics of the Week" in which a new topic related to your club is discussed on the thread. Your club can also have an official banner or logo, which can be designed by you or by a member.

I hope you find this a helpful guide, and I wish everyone great success! Thanks everyone for reading!
dolphingirl13 is offline Female
Sponsored Links