Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
I <33 you
Webkinz :)

gracie503 is a jewel in the roughgracie503 is a jewel in the rough

Default The Super Duper Guide to Decorating with Your Webkinz Plushes! Pictures Included, Lots of Great Ideas! Looking for a very Creative Partner!

I've noticed that a lot of people like to decorate for the holidays with their Webkinz plushies. So, me and my friend, Pupso98 decided to create a guide to doing that. Now let me explain how this works. By the title of the decoration will be a certain number of 'O's. That number means how hard it will be to do this. Most of these will require some adult help, but some don't need any. But all of the decorations should be supervised by an adult. Now, to the fun part!

This is a Mother's Day card idea from my partner Pupso98.

Ok so I have my first decoration which is for Mother's Day. Ok so here it is:
IDEA: Mother's Day card
D
IFFICULTY: OOOO quite hard
YOU NEED:
-Shaving cream (full bottle)
-a cookie plater (flat and long!!!)
-food coloring
-a thick piece of art paper and 2 normal pieces of paper.
-a popsicle stick
-have an adult!!!!
-any 3 webkinz of your choice
PLZ READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE IT.
You are probs confused about the shaving cream part but here it goes:
1. Put the shaving cream on the bottom of the cookie platter, like all over technically.
2. put food coloring (about 3 colors max., you can add later) on the shaving cream and use the popsicle stick to move the colors around and mix it around
3. if you need more colors add more and then mix again
4. get your piece of NORMAL paper and push it down on the shaving cream
5. leave it there for like 5-8 min. then take it off
Make sure the paper is NOT bent or folded
6. leave it to dry and in the meantime you can 1. clean up and wash your hands and anywhere else that needs washing. 2. think of a nice letter to give to write inside the card.
7. When it is finished drying (make sure it is!!!) smell it (it should smell awesome!) and then glue the piece of paper (with the shaving cream on it) on the THICK paper.
8. when it is glued on, proofread your nice message to your mom and write it down nicely on a NORMAL piece of paper then glue it in the inside of the card.
9. now when Mother's day comes, get 3 webkinz (of your choice) and put them on your mom's bed with the card in the middle of the webkinz.
10. watch your mom be happy (I hope she will be!) then yeah.
sry there is no pic, but hope you like the idea !

Here's a decoration submitted by WI member Webberlily, thanks for the idea! I copy and posted her post here for everyone.

"
This is just an artificial tree, with 3 strings of multicoloured lights on it. Parents would be doing this anyways. The Ornaments already come with strings to hang on the branches, very easy even for the youngest kids.
To hang up the bird Webbies, I used a needle and thread to make a loop to hang the webbie. I just made a single stitch through the back of the neck with a thread and tied it up in a loop. Littler kids could just tie a string around the neck of their webbie ("strangling them!") without using a needle. Or they could just put the webbies loose on the branch without attaching.
The fish, cats, dogs, are just loose on the branches, not attached. So this is a very easy way to do it.
The Santa Beagle Topper is also just loose on the top branch, sort of wedged but he's not attached and hasn't fallen off, and it's been weeks! Oh yeah, sing carols while doing this activity"

Webkinz Christmas tree!
You will need:
Some webkinz
Some webkinz Tree ornaments
A tree
Some lights
An adult
An imagination

"Great thread! You have excellent ideas.

"I've been enjoying decorating with Webkinz too. Here is my all-Webkinz Christmas tree, 30 Webkinz Tree Ornaments, a dozen birds, a few fish, lil' cats and dogs, and a Santa Beagle for the topper. You may use my photo if you wish, just give me credit. "

Click the image to open in full size.
"

Easter egg! OOOO Very difficult, not good for little kids, you will need an adult to help you do the cutting. Here is a link to a pic of what it should look like when it's done and before you cut it. http://z.about.com/d/familycrafts/1/...amingoegg2.jpg Also, you can always buy these at the craft store if you don't want to do the paper mache: http://www.hofcraft.com/images/dc284232a.jpg

What you Need:
  • Paper Mache paste
  • Newspaper or newsprint cut in strips
  • Balloons [medium size]
  • Craft paints
  • Paint brushes
  • Hobby Knife/craft knife
  • An adult
  • Some string
  • Your webkinz
Blow up various size balloons. Tie off end. Cover each balloon with strips of newsprint dipped in cooled paper mache paste. Use several layers to make a stiffer form when dry. Cover entire balloon. Hang newsprint covered balloons to dry. Be sure to use a drip cloth under balloons.
Once dry, approximately 24 hours later, carefully pop balloon inside if still inflated. Don't bother trying to remove the baloon now, you can get it out when you cut the baloon in half. You will have a small opening at one end of form. You should seal that hole with more newspaper. Paint a base coat on each of your forms. Use any water based craft paint. Use any Easter colors you wish. Allow base coat to dry completely before adding details. Once base coat is dry you are ready to get creative! Paint more layers and make it look pretty, or you could just leave it like it is.

Now here is where the adult comes in. Lay the egg on it's side and stab it in the center. Then make a "V" shape. The V will help it to stay. Keep going around and on the other side make another V. Open up your egg. You can (should) paint the inside too. Then place your webkinz plush inside the egg. Put your egg on display and show everyone how there is a little surprise inside! You can also leave it open and set the top next to it.

Next, it's time to get simpler. This is a very easy way to spread holiday cheer! Mantle Christmas Decoration C (half an "O")

What you'll need:

A ladder (possibly, depending on how tall you are)

Some holiday webkinz
Some greenery

Some round ball ornaments
A clean mantle (free of any pictures or such)

(Optional) Set up your ladder. Then put your greenery up on the mantle. It should be long enough to stretch the entire length of the mantle. Place your webkinz on, in, and behind the greenery. Then place you ball ornaments around your webkinz. Now you are done. It should look something like this: Click the image to open in full size.

Saint Valentines Day Center Piece. OOO, Sorta hard.

You will need:

A small/medium (not too small) basket
Some pink, red, white, flowers (silk, not real)

Love webkinz (Love puppy, love frog, love monkey)
Some silk Ivy
An adult to help

Place your basket on the workspace and gather your materials. Fill the basket with the ivy. Then put in your webkinz. Place the flowers around the webkinz, use your imaganation!

Thanks for reading, there will be more coming very soon! I will also get some pictures of these for you guys. Also, remember, credit also goes to my friend, Pupso98. This was our idea together and so she gets credit also!

---------- gracie503 added 43 Minutes and 23 Seconds later ----------

Anyone?? Hello??

Last edited by gracie503; 01-11-2009 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Adding more
gracie503 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #2

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Default Re: The super guide to decorating with your Webkinz plushies!

I think all of these are great ideas.

If I think of any ideas can I post them or should I pm my idea to you?
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 01-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
I <33 you

If you have ideas, you can do whatever works best for you. You can post them here and I will add them or you can pm me.

---------- gracie503 added 103 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

Anyone else? Anybody??

---------- gracie503 added 130 Minutes and 14 Seconds later ----------

No one else??

Last edited by gracie503; 01-06-2009 at 10:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I don't understand the first one. Could you post a pic?
Ivie is offline Female
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
Liz ♥

kittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guide

cool! could you do a mothers day one soon? that would be cool.
kittykat22337 is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
I <33 you

I've done the first one before, but I don't have any pcs. I can look on google though. brb

---------- gracie503 added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

Here's a link: http://z.about.com/d/familycrafts/1/...amingoegg2.jpg and if you don't want to do the paper mache, you can always buy these: http://www.hofcraft.com/images/dc284232a.jpg you can uy them online or at hobby lobby/michael's.

---------- gracie503 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by kittykat22337
cool! could you do a mothers day one soon? that would be cool.
Sure! I'll have to think something up, any ideas? Maybe....hmmm....

Last edited by gracie503; 01-08-2009 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
The hippie writer
Gift Guru

Ivie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socksIvie rocks our collective socks

I see, thanks! That looks cute.
Ivie is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
I <33 you

Okay, glad you like it!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
e are jormariffic
Pupsaresocute is a forum hero
Pupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum heroPupsaresocute is a forum hero

Cool!! I love decorating with webbies!!
Pupsaresocute is offline Female
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #10
zboy3100
Gifted

zboy3100 will become famous soon enough

Awesome ideas! Your very clever to come up with things like this.
Closed