Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2007, 06:32 PM   #1

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Step By Step:How to Add a Signature and Avatar

~~~~~~~~Click the image to open in full size.~~~~~~~~
Almost all images below are thumbnail. If you need to see more detail just click the bar above the picture and you will see the entire image.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First when someone sends you a link you have to highlight the link and right click on it. A menu will appear and you click "copy"
Click the image to open in full size.

Then go to "user cp" under the Husky's feet on the main forum page

Then click on "edit signature" or "edit avatar" depending on which you are trying to add

This is an overview of the entire page. Look towards the bottom and you will see a text box that has "http" written in it.

This is a close up of the text box

Erase the "http" written in the text box and right click the box. The same menu from before will pop up. This time click "paste."

Once you click "paste" the link you copied should show up and look like this.

Then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "preview signature."

Then the screen should refresh or reload and you will see a preview of your signature

Look beside your signature picture and you will see some text that says "insert signature picture." Click that or your picture will not show up.

Once you click "insert signature picture" you will see some text appear in the big white text box. It should say [IMG][/IMG] Leave that text in the box or your signature will not show up when you post. This is also the area you can add text to your signature or add your a link to your Gift Exchange Thread

Finally scroll to the bottom and click "save signature."

Now you are finished adding your signature. Your signature will appear on all posts you have already made and any you make from this point on.

~*~*~*~*~*How To Add Your Avatar~*~*~*~*~*

First when someone sends you a link you have to highlight it and right click on the link. A menu will appear and you click "copy."

Then you need to click on "user cp" under the Husky's feet on the main forum page.

Then click on "edit avatar."

The next screen you will see looks like this.

Scroll to the bottom of this screen until you see this area.

You will see a text box with "http" written in it. Erase that. Then right click on the text box. When the menu pops up this time click "paste."

Then all that is left is to hit "save changes."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Congrats!You Should Now Be Able To Add Your Own Siggies and Avvies.Feel Free To Pat Yourself On The Back!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited by dogsdigholes; 07-24-2007 at 12:20 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
Gift Guru
X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!X.I.C. is the bees knees!

Default Re: Step By Step:How to Add a Signature and Avatar

Wow, great job! this will help a lot of people!
X.I.C. is offline Male
Old 07-24-2007, 01:16 AM   #3

dogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledgedogsdigholes flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thanks XIC I hope everyone is able to use this and get those siggies active. I hope this takes the guess work out of adding them.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
mugsylove07
Webkinz :)

Mugsylove07 is on a distinguished road

how do you make a siggy??
Old 07-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #5

Mugsylove07 most people have some type of editing software to make signatures. A few people use Paint but it's much harder to use and doesn't have many bells and whistles. It's much easier if you have a program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

I use PSP. To make a signature you need to save a picture of what you want in your signature. Webkinz, clothes, accessories, or whatever. Then you have to cut out the areas you want to use and "paste" them onto the main picture. For example if you want your Webkinz to be wearing a hat you would have to cut out the picture of the hat and "paste" it onto the Webkinz head. It's kind of hard to describe. It's mainly cut and paste over and over. The more detailed you want it to be the harder it is and the longer it takes.

Start small and when you get comfortable with it you can get a little more complex. Everyone should try to make their own signature at least once. They are a lot of fun to make and I think you will enjoy it.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:51 PM   #6
YOU CAN"T HANDL
Gifted

Skategirl6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much!!!! I was having so much trouble trying to figure out how to get pictures, being new and all.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #7

Skategirl6 I hope this helps you and anyone else who is trying to learn out. It can get confusing :-)
Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #8
limesrgreen
Webkinz :)

pokadots16 is on a distinguished road

thankz that helped me
Old 07-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #9
hockeyplayrj
Gifted

hockeylover will become famous soon enough

that ws very confusing
Old 07-27-2007, 10:50 AM   #10
kattodd
Gifted

Coach Kat is on a distinguished road

great job on the info! Nice to have it in all one place!
Closed