Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2008, 07:14 AM   #1
pancakes 4 Phillip
Webkinz :)

Lhachwen is a jewel in the roughLhachwen is a jewel in the rough

Default So, Your Webkinz Wants a Collar (How-to IMAGE HEAVY!)

I created this step by step how-to because someone wanted to know how I made collars for my own Webkinz. I made this a lot simpler than what I actually do when I make collars but I tried to keep in mind the different age groups that might be using this. Hopefully it is simple enough for anyone and everyone to use. Feel free to improvise or change any parts to suit you! One supply I forgot to include was a paint brush but hopefully everyone can figure out where to use it lol

Some changes that can be made: using sticky-back velcro instead of sewing or using fabric glue instead of either... just remember to let the glues completely dry before you attempt to use the velcro closure! Metal jump-rings can be used in place of the thin ribbon but I didn't show how to use those since it requires more specialized tools than most homes may have; but they can be used instead.

Actual metal dog tags can be used instead of paper ones. Some pet stores have pet-tag making machines that would be perfectly suited for anyone wanting a more 'real' pet tag. It is also possible to use precut metal shapes for dog tags but again this gets into having specialized materials on hand which is why this was also not included in this tutorial; again it can be used instead of paper.

I also mentioned using metallic cardstock or heavy weight paper. If you have it use it! It will simplify your project and make it go a lot quicker to the finish! Of course if you don't have it, painting metallic paints on thicker paper works just fine

Thin cardboard can be painted and used instead of heavy-weight paper... just make sure you can use a hole-punch on it!

Again there are no hard and fast rules in this How-to, it is set forth as a guide for anyone that may want to follow it loosely or for anyone that may choose to follow it thoroughly. If there are typos I apologize in advance... just point it out to me and I will do my bect to repair it in a timely fashion.

Although some pictures are not as clear, I hope the directions make it easy enough to understand what is going on in each step-by-step photo. So without further ado... Enjoy the tutorial for your Webkinz's very own ribbon-collar!

Click the image to open in full size.

As soon as I get a response from someone I will post the remaining parts of the tutorial

Last edited by Lhachwen; 08-26-2008 at 10:01 AM..
Lhachwen is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
I be Shadow. >:D
Gifted

shadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clownshadowsown88 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: So, Your Webkinz Wants a Collar (How-to)

That is really cool! Fabulous job with this!
shadowsown88 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 07:38 AM   #3
pancakes 4 Phillip

Default Re: So, Your Webkinz Wants a Collar (How-to)

The remaining step-by-step pictorial (thanks shadowsown8:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my revolving in post Kinz-captions for giggles

Last edited by Lhachwen; 08-26-2008 at 10:00 AM..
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
my shrink said im
Gifted

thewebkinzqueen is on a distinguished road

Default Re: So, Your Webkinz Wants a Collar (How-to IMAGE HEAVY!)

HOW CUTE IS THAT??!
Thanks a bunch
thewebkinzqueen is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
pancakes 4 Phillip

View Post Originally Posted by thewebkinzqueen
HOW CUTE IS THAT??!
Thanks a bunch
Click the image to open in full size. Awww! Thank you for being so sweet!

I just keep on seeing all the punctuation mishaps and grammar mistakes! lol The image program I use doesn't have any lower punctuation marks in the font collection so I have to manually insert them after I am done writing anything. Invariably (especially if I am tired!) I will miss a few! I probably should have just waited until today to finish it but if I stopped making it I don't know if I would have completed it LOL Hopefully I will get the energy to go back and repair the mistakes lol

If anyone actually makes one for their Webbie please post pics! I would love to see anyone's collar-creations!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #6

dancerchic41 is on a distinguished road

wow too cute!!!that must have takin along time!!!great job! rep!
Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #7
So happy to be a
Gift Guru

starlit1211 has a spectacular aura about

You are a very creative person! I love this tutorial!!! And, I saw you won a prize in Munchies contest! Congratulations!!!!
starlit1211 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
pancakes 4 Phillip

[FONT=Arial]
Originally Posted by [/FONT
dancerchic41]wow too cute!!!that must have takin along time!!!great job! rep!
Thank you ! It did take me quite awhile just to make the tutorial part. The collar was the easiest part of the whole process though lol

Originally Posted by starlit1211
You are a very creative person! I love this tutorial!!! And, I saw you won a prize in Munchies contest! Congratulations!!!!
That is so very sweet of you! I am glad you enjoy it! Thank you also for the congrats on Munchies contest, there were a lot of great entries and I enjoyed being a part of it!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #9

min49 is on a distinguished road

Cool. I wish I could make it but i don't have the paper, or the paint. But if i get it,I will make it right away!
min49 is offline Female
Old 08-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
YAY! I am a
Gift Trainee
stylediva7 is just really nicestylediva7 is just really nice

Wow! That is so cute! I love that idea! rep!
Closed