Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Arrow Simple Keyboard Shortcuts - Please Share Discoveries

I wanted to share these Keyboard Shortcuts. These will help you do many tasks without even lifting a finger to click a mouse. Note that this may only be for a few internet browsers or computers. Thank you for coming I hope you learn something new

View Post Originally Posted by webkinz_forever
One small problem though.. On mozilla firefox, when I click alt+s, it goes to the history menu...
I will try to work that out..

PS: When I say F1 or F5, I don't mean the letter 'F' and the number 1 together. I mean the little keys above the numerals on your keyboard. Same goes for 'Alt'

Key:

**UNDER CONSTRUCTION**

Green: Works for Internet Explorer Only

Blue: Works for Motzilla Firefox Only
Light Green: Works for Internet Explorer and Motzilla Firefox Only
Brown: Works for Safari Only
Orange: Works for Internet Explorer and Safari Only
Olive: Works for Safari and Motzilla Firefox Only
Purple: Works for every browser

LMK if I'm missing something

General Shortcuts:

F5: Refreshes the page
Ctrl + R - Refreshes the Page
Alt + f4: Closes the window
Backspace: Views Last page visited
Alt + tab - switch between windows (say, WW and WI)
Ctrl + tab - switch between tabs in IE (say, your GE and WIGEV)
Ctrl + Z - Undo
Ctrl + Y - Redo
Ctrl + X - cut
Ctrl + C - copy
Ctrl + V - paste
Ctrl + S - Saves a document
Ctrl + A - Highlights/selects all
Ctrl + P - Print
Ctrl + T - Opens a tab
Ctrl + T - Close current tab
Ctrl + Enter Button - Will type ".com"

Shift + Left Arrow Key - Highlights words you are typing
Shift + Right Arrow Key - Highlights words you are typing

* - Works in Profiles only
* - Works in Main Forum Only
* - Works in both

WI Shortcuts:

Alt + S: Post Quick Reply
Alt + X: Go advanced *

These are just few of the keyboard shortcuts ;; there are probably more out there yet to discover.

Let me know if you know one that isn't posted up there, I'll add it up with your name
Oh - and if you know/have a thread like this that was posted BEFORE this one & that isn't closed, I'll close this thread I haven't come across one like this, so I guess great minds think alike LOL

If you'd like to contribute to this, I'd really appreciate that, but make sure to post which internet browser you use, internet explorer, motzilla firefox, safari, ect.

Contributors:

Webkinz_forever - Post 2
Oddmeister - Post 3
Goldenpuppy - Post 7
Pup5115 - Post 9
Webkinz5929 - Post 12
Brneyz - Post 13
Morebubbles - Post 15

Thanks again,

-Van

Last edited by vanvan20; 05-17-2009 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Putting up new shortcuts (:
vanvan20 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 04:59 AM   #2
webkinz_forever

Default Re: Simple Keyboard Shortcuts

Thanks so much for posting this
Rep to you!
One small problem though.. On mozilla firefox, when I click alt+s, it goes to the history menu...
Old 05-02-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
Oddmeister
Gift Guru

Oddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the waitOddmeister is worth the wait
Oddmeister is worth the wait

Here are a couple more that I use all the time:

Ctrl-X - cut
Ctrl-C - copy
Ctrl-V - paste

Alt-tab - switch between windows (say, WW and WI)
Ctrl-tab - switch between tabs in IE (say, your GE and WIGEV)
Oddmeister is offline Female
Old 05-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Thanks so much
Arianna, I think it's because we use different browsers..
Old 05-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
Gifted

mcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clownmcgymnast9 is cool as a bunny clown

Great thread vanvan! Rep.
mcgymnast9 is offline Female
Old 05-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
Gift Guru

Thank you
Old 05-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #7
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Default Re: Simple Keyboard Shortcuts - Please Share Discoveries

Thanks for the shortcuts!

Another one that usually happens to me is "Shift+Left Arrow Key" OR "Shift+Right Arrow Key" while typing and it highlights the words you are typing.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #8
Gift Guru

Oh thank you SO MUCH! (:
Old 05-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #9
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

cool! ctrl-v is paste and ctrl-c is copy
thanks for the great guide
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #10
Gift Guru

thank you so much
Closed

Tags
help needed -vanvan :) :), shortcuts rock!!!!!!!!!!!, thank you for your help!!