Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

thesassymama is on a distinguished road

Default Signs of a Scammer, Hacker, Hurter, ect. Never get scammed or hacked. News flash: Do not download? Why? You have to click to know why!

How to Protect Yourself from Getting Hacked or Scammed
By thesassymama

-----You hear it all over WI: warnings to not do this, don't trade with this person, they hack, they scam! All you hear is "Don't, don't, don't!" but what about "How, how, how?" This guide will help you protect yourself from scammers, hackers, and other unfriendly players who are out for one thing: getting your rares, getting your hard earned stuff, and using them for themselves.
-----When you're done reading this guide, you'll know everything about what to do when you encounter a scammer and hacker-- and how even the most innocent request or gift can wipe out everything.

Part 1: Viruses - Don't Download! Goes for everything, not just Webkinz.

-----Very few Webkinz sites are trustable if their main exports are downloads. You can download the cool screensaver, or background, or icon. But do you know what may be with this awesome stuff?
-----A trojan or even worse virus. Sure, people who play Webkinz maybe aren't that much of a genius at attaching viruses, but maybe their best friends are. So they program the trojan virus. The trojan can be a key stroke virus-- the most common of the Webkinz player's viruses. Basically, when you log into Webkinz World or any other site, the person who set up the trojan can get into your account and steal your stuff.
-----Other viruses also can destroy, steal, or take your Webkinz stuff. So I recommend you only download things only admins and mods post (not other players on WI) and things Ganz post for you to have.

Bottom line: Do not download anything from Webkinz fan sites except for a WI admin or mod and then things Ganz may post on Webkinz News or on the homepage. You can catch a virus which can track your passwords down-- the person who made the virus might want your Webkinz password to be selling a pretend Webkinz online computer item or music.

Part 2: Free Pet Codes

-----Who doesn't want a free Webkinz pet from someone online? Well, after all Webkinz players read this, nobody.
-----Contests are posted on online video sites, chat rooms, and even on Webkinz fan forums like this one! It's one of the most decieving scams... you gain, but in more ways than one, you lose. How long did you work on getting that complete Egypt room? Or the complete bee outfit for your favorite pet? Or when you redesigned your house with rares and exclusives to post here on WI?
-----And what if all that got wiped out in one day or night, even though you gained a cheap Webkinz lil kinz pet or something. Even your closest friends can't be trusted-- online or offline. Even if they would never do that to you-- what if their brother or sister got a peek at the tag and wrote it down, and hacked into your account?
-----Just say no politely if it's your best friend or other friend at their house. Online-- they don't generally give good deeds for free. Give them a message which states the key points of confronting the scammer and closing down their contest or raffle.
*Why we can not trust you.
*Why an admin or mod may tell one another to close the contest.
*Possibly give them a link to a thread which is a Webkinz player complaining about how they lost everything because they accepted a code.
*If it's on an online video site, spread the word to your friends to tell their friends about not accepting pet codes so they can be protected. Take precautions with reporting the scammer to the site if they are rude, pushy, or have been proved to scam.

-----Never accept a pet code! The pet code can be wrote down before given to you, and then the scammer can access your password from Ganz and log on to your account and steal your valuables.

Bottom line: Do not accept pet codes. The pet code can be used to access your account password and username and then the scammer who sent out the pet code can steal all of your stuff. Download from sites you trust.

Part 3: Trading in the Clubhouse

-----Trading is fun and can help you get the desired rares and exclusives. But even with the new features, like unfair and fair trade and showing the name of the item, scammers are continually slinking through the filters and tricking. It's pretty obvious-- but everything when it comes to scamming and hacking will be covered on this thread.
-----Problem 1: Showing the name of the item. If somebody had never seen the Floridisa before, they could have thought it was a chair. So they scroll over the Floridisa and see it says.. Floridisa! Here's how the conversation goes...

Victim: Wow! That is cool.
Scammer: I know.
Victim: Why does it say floor of?
Scammer: It says chair after floor of, you just can't see it, it's a glitch.
Victim: I see.
Scammer: Do you want it?
Victim: Yes I do.
Scammer: I want really rare stuff for it.
Victim: Okay.
Victim puts her rares.
Scammer thumbs down all of them.
Scammer: I need better rare.
Victim puts her best rares.
Scammer: Perfect.
So they continue with the trade while a screen pops up on the Victim's screen. It says that the trade is unfair.
Victim cancels the trade.
Victim: It says it is not fair.
Scammer: Must be a mistake. It is fair, trust me.
Victim: Oh, I see.
So they trade and the scam is completed.

-----An unexperienced Webkinz player wouldn't know about these features as well as us educated WI users. So we need to educate WW about scammers and the new features... create a link to this thread or another thread for new players to learn about this.

Bottom line: Look up what the items really are before you trade if you're unsure. Also, go to WI to see if there are any glitches with the trading system if someone says it's a mistake and it is fair. Usually, a food you make on the stove for a rare sometimes is considered fair. So double check if you're unsure if it really is a furniture item. I don't get how the filters for fair and unfair work: so just be sure and double check.

Part 4: Clubhouse "Confidence" Scammers

-----One of the most common scammers are what I call confidence scammers. This only occurs in KinzChat Plus, so if you don't use KinzChat Plus you don't really need to read this.
-----A confidence scammer scams you of feeling confident going into the KinzChat Plus area, because they are rude and mean to you. Of course, you can report them. But that doesn't take the burn away that you don't have Kinz Style clothes* on... or your Webkinz is a boy or girl... discrimination needs to end in this world, and taking it into Webkinz World is just wrong! Confidence scammers are almost one of the worst, they're cyber bullies!
-----One day I went into KinzChat Plus for one of the saddest views I've ever seen in cyber bullies.
-----*There was a pink poodle, persian cat, and a grey and white cat chatting at the Girls Room. They all had Kinz Style clothes on. There was a cute koala in normal W Shop clothes who was trying to fit a word in their conversation.
Pink Poodle: I thought today's party was at my house.
Cat: No.
Cat: It is at mine.
Grey Cat: We can have it at mine again.
Koala: Hey!
They continue their conversation.
Koala: Can I come to your party?
Of course, the trio disapproves of the koala because...
she has W Shop clothes on! (gasp!!!)
So the koala is all sad and she went to not talking. So I went along and played a few games with her and she's one of the nicest Kinz players on Webkinz World! That trio missed out a lot on a really nice friend!

Bottom line: Report and confront confidence scammers and then ignore them. Play with another friend in the room or leave the room. Help the people who were hurt by these scammers. Try and eliminate them. But don't let them get to you.

Part 5: The Way Too Much Effort Scam

-----This is a very rare form of scamming because it requires so much effort. Here is how it's done, the short way and long way.
-----The scammer, in the end, figures out the password and steals your stuff. Here's how they complete their scamming.
-----They may post a contest of some sort, or just seem like a friendly little player in need of friends on WI, another fan forum, or an online video/chat site. They may send you a message like this:

-----Hi, I'm soandso. I just joined this site and I think it's really cool! I wanted to tell you some stuff about me to see if we can be friends! I've seen your stuff and were really similar! Here's stuff about me.
-----My name is soandso. My favorite color is purple. I have two dogs and one cats, and their names are soandso, soandso, and soandso. My lucky number is soandso. My birth date is soandso. Guess what? (they list a fact about numbers, letters, ect.)
-----Can you tell me the same stuff I told you? Oh yeah, I play Webkinz too! It is so much fun! My username is username. What's yours? We can be Webkinz friends too!

-----So chances are in an effort to be kind you tell stuff about me and also tell them how similar you are. So how can this lead to scamming?
-----Most passwords are numbers, pet names, secret names, ect. that you feel like you can tell a stranger. The friend and you become really close, really fast because the scammer pretends to be just like you and interested in things just like you. They leak more and more information out of you, disguising the scam as being friendly.
-----Eventually in the end they combine and create your password from all the information you gave them. This is very rare because it takes a really, really long time to do but scammers do it. Then, all your stuff is stolen.
-----It's best to say you're incomfortable with giving out information like that to a stranger. Just don't give out information that together can be combined into a password. Or, tell them this, but don't give out your username for Webkinz or any other site which includes a password and possible valuable items to steal.
-----The short way is to befriend the desired victim really quickly-- the same way the long way person did. This way is even more rare than the long way. After a while, you feel like this person is closer to you than your best friend, your siblings, maybe even your parents. Then, they ask for your Webkinz World password or any other password.
-----The common thought process is "Would my family members scam me if I gave them my password?" Of course not! And you're way closer to this person. So you give it out, being a bit silly, and get scammed. Of course, a predicted 95% would say no.

Bottom line: Don't give out information that can be constructed into your password, or don't give out your username. If you do give out your username, you should know and trust that person in real life.

Part 6: The Scary Scammer

-----This scammer does not desire your rares, your exclusives, even the rarest of them. They are the scary internet predators you hear on the news.
-----Just like the Way Too Much Effort Scam, they ask for personal information. Maybe the team your school is, or the state you live in, which seem completely innocent. But let's say your the Midnights. And your state is Webkinz Land. They could search the Midnights in Webkinz Land. And if they know your name, find your first and last name. Then, with those little bits of information they could come and hurt you.

Bottom line: No personal information that can be linked to find out your location. Which means no personal information at all.

Want to know more about this scary scammer? There are many kid friendly sites that teach about the dangers of internet predators and internet safety. If you have on, post it as a response to be posted here.

Part 7: The Money Scam
Thanks to bunnyslippers13 for bringing this scam to my attention.
-----Why do scammers even do this one when they don't benefit? How odd! Anyway, never buy something for someone in the trading room because here's what might happen.
-----The scammer says they want something expensive from the W Shop, like a pool or something. They say they'll give you rares for this item. It sounds too good to be true! But that's because it really is.
-----Right after you buy the item and show them it in a trade, they exit and leave. So in the end you have less money, but they have the same. They don't even benefit! Quite the odd scam, don't you think? It's done out of pure evil it seems to me!

Bottom line: If it seems you're the one who gets the better half of the deal for just buying a pool or something else super expensive, don't buy it. See if they don't it to others and if one follows through-- obviously report. They're going to bail out on you.
Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Extras About Scammers
-----Above, I list ways to scam or hack. Down here I'll list extras that will help you. If you have an idea for here, be sure to read the purple font.

*First, the signs you've been hacked.

have an idea for other scammers and hackers?
post it as a response and I'll check it out
together, we can eliminate scammers and hackers
we can throw them out of business
we can eliminate victims
but only together

Last edited by thesassymama; 04-12-2009 at 03:59 PM..
thesassymama is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #2

monkeysgirl can ride a flying orange
monkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orangemonkeysgirl can ride a flying orange

Default Re: Signs of a Scammer, Hacker, Hurter, ect. Never get scammed or hacked. News flash: Do not download? Why? You have to click to know why!

Very good guide! rep!
monkeysgirl is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #3
i think imma

clublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond reputeclublab30 has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Signs of a Scammer, Hacker, Hurter, ect. Never get scammed or hacked. News flash: Do not download? Why? You have to click to know why!

Thank you so much! Awesome guide!
clublab30 is offline Female
Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #4
♥I love

palmisland is a glorious beacon of lightpalmisland is a glorious beacon of light

you should put up some signs that your account has been hacked, (like how you can tell)
I have some if you want
your stuff is gone (duh)
some of your dailies are done
missing KC
people not on your friends list.
you try to send someone a gift and it says you already have
more kc than you had (this sometimes happens right when hackers are trying to transfer the KC, they sometimes earn more first)
vacation tickets you didn't purchase
low pet health (not the HHH glitch)
tthat's all I can think of, then again it's 10:30 PM XD
palmisland is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Anti Twilight.

lizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonderlizzyxwebkinz wows us all with wonder

I agree! Rep! Something as simple as winning a Webkinz code in a contest can get your account hacked.
I remember on another site there was this person trying to do the Way Too Much Effort Scam. S/he was like "My webkinz username is username 123, Whats yours? I also have a dog named 123 and a cat named 456 so my password is 123456 what's yours?" I didn't fall for it, since it was suspicious because this person was always like "I'm never giving out my username and password" and one day they just magically did. -.-
lizzyxwebkinz is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #6
Proud Jesus Freak!

HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!HarryPotterFreakazoid is the bees knees!

Awesome guide! One question though- Are you saying we shouldn't plug in the free webkinz codes from here?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #7
KellanluvsmecuzI'm
Gifted

twilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guidetwilightcrz is a golden guide

Excellent guide! I'm constantly getting trojans, and it's very annoying! I agree about not telling your user name to but a few people. I've only given mine out to the closest of friends. I'm not too worried about my password though, because it's extremely personal to me and my family, their the only ones who might have any idea though.

You really need to be careful with all of these things, even on WI! Somebody may pretend to be a girl your age, and have similar interest and such, but really be even worse then a stalker. Never ever give out your personal info, unless it's like your BFFL in real life, and you're absolutely postive that the person you are talking to is that BFFL. Have a terrific day, and see you around WI!
twilightcrz is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #8

thesassymama is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by HarryPotterFreakazoid
Awesome guide! One question though- Are you saying we shouldn't plug in the free webkinz codes from here?
No, WI is a trusted site. They won't hack you. But contests on YouTube or other forums that aren't as trusted that give you a free pet code will, chances are, be hackers. I understand your confusion-- if scammers and hackers just wouldn't do their thing we wouldn't have this confusion.

Last edited by thesassymama; 04-11-2009 at 01:02 PM..
thesassymama is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #9

bunnyslippers13 is just really nicebunnyslippers13 is just really nice

This is an amazing guide! rep!

Another way you can get scammed is if you're in the trading room and the scammer wants something from the W shop like really expensive stuff, he ask's you to buy it straight from the W shop and then trade it for the scammers rare. but right after you buy it they just leave!

so you pretty much just wastes half of your money for nothing.

Last edited by bunnyslippers13; 04-11-2009 at 12:52 PM..
bunnyslippers13 is offline Female
Old 04-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

Fantastic guide! Thanks for taking the time to post all of this great information! Rep!
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Closed