Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default precious banner tutorial.

welcome to my guide,
i am priceless, graphics maker, hp and percy jackson obsessed,
and this is a little guide i put together just for you.

P.S. I am not breaking rules by showing someone's face, because this person is famous. Her name is Mary Attoinette.

what the finished product should look like,
Click the image to open in full size.

GO AHEAD AND TRY USING DIFFERENT IMAGES, SAYINGS, ETC.
REMEMBER THAT THIS GUIDE IS JUST TO GUIDE YOU IN A STURDY TRACK.

images used for it,
interior, ceiling, bed, charms, woman 1, woman 2, clock, texture

guide,
Just to begin, this was completely improvised on top of my head. I would love to see you try and use some different images too, but it's okay if you just want to copy off this. Notice that each program is different, as I use photoshop and many of you use lots of different programs. It shouldn't be that hard, though. Please do not get mad if you don't understand, because I use photoshop cs4 and it may not be the same as GIMP. So let's get on with it! :]

base,

Were going to start off with the base. Follow me.

Were going to take the interior and bring it to the right of the banner. Then were going to move it down a little so it only shows the fancy design. Keep it set as Normal and 100 opacity. Now go to Filter >> Liquify and give some curls to the side of it (this is optional - not on every program). Now get the ceiling and move it to the left and move it up so you can't see the people, but you can see the art and statues. Now let's get to the charms; Move them so its on top of the ceiling photo and set it as Multiply and 56 opacity. Erase some of the dark bits, but make sure you can still see the charms.

We're now getting the bed. Move it over on top of the interior photo, and erase everything except the bed part. Shrink it a bit so you can see most of the bed, and set it as Lighten and 57 opacity. Get the clock now and drag it to the left. Keep it so its not touching the points, but its close to it. You can re-size it so you can see all of the clock. Make sure no part of the picture is visible except the clock part. Set it as Lighten and 64 opacity.

Get your texture, and brighten it a bit. (Optional: You can recolor it so its a bit desaturated, but have a tint of light pink to give it a vintage edge.) Erase the bit that's on the ceiling image, but keep it on the interior image. Set it as Normal and keep it on 48 opacity.

woman,

Now we're going to add the woman. The first picture is her laying. Take that image and shrink it, and erase all bits around her except for her face and chest. Try to keep a glow around it. (Personally, I think it looks cool. lol.) Set it as Lighten, but keep it at 100 opacity. Now the second women we want to shrink also and cut around the image, only keeping her head. Now drag her down so you can't see her lips, but you can see her eyes and hair. Now brighten the images a little bit, but drag the contrast down so we can keep it that vintage look.

the text,

The first set we will be doing is "precious". This is written in Edwardian Script ITC and is a size of 84pt. The color is e7d6d6. Now follow these Blending Options:

Drop Shadow:
Blend Mode >> Multiply
Color >> Black
Opacity >> 29
Angle >> 120
Distance >> 2
Size >> 1

Outer Glow:
Blend Mode >> Screen
Opacity >> 100
Color >> e5cece

Bevel & Emboss:
Style >> Inner Bevel
Technique >> Smooth
Depth >> 1
Direction >> Up
Size >> 2
Soften >> 0

Gradient Overlay:
Blend Mode >> Normal
Opacity >> 100
Gradient >> 1] f0cddd to 2] ffffff

Now we have the second text "lady with class". I used the font Arial Narrow and made it 21pt. Keep its color 7a5a59. Give it a Gaussian Blur, and your finished!

the end,
Kudos for reading, and now show me your product! :]

Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #2

webkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective sockswebkinzdadd rocks our collective socks

Default Re: precious banner tutorial.

Nice job Price! I might try it if I have time and I'm on my computer with CS4
webkinzdadd is offline Male
Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #3

Thanks for stopping by Mike! :] Can't wait if you do make it.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Banned
♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace♥Taylor♥ wears the mantle of perfection with grace

nice tutorial price! i might try it sometime!
♥Taylor♥ is offline Female
Old 05-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #5

Thanks Taylor. I know all of your graphic club designers are amazing, so I'm looking forward to everyone's products.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
Call Me Kate ッ

MyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonderMyjesticS wows us all with wonder

I love the guide , thankies Priceybear
MyjesticS is offline Female
Old 05-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Lookie! I'm a
Gift Guru

doggoneit is a WI addict!
doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!doggoneit is a WI addict!

Great guide! I might have to try that sometime!
doggoneit is offline Female
Old 05-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
I'm Maggie

starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!starmaggie is the cats pajamas!

nice job, price! but, it looks like there is a bad word in there, but i can barely read it, but nice job!
starmaggie is offline Female
Old 05-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #9

View Post Originally Posted by starmaggie
nice job, price! but, it looks like there is a bad word in there, but i can barely read it, but nice job!
it says "lady with class"
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #10
hat happened to love

funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!funny12321 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
it says "lady with class"
xD I thought what they thought, but I really love all of this, even the blur. I may try it and do my own coloring >:]
funny12321 is offline Female
Closed