| 09-24-2011, 10:04 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Jan 2008
| | The Powerpoint Goddess' Guide to Amazing Powerpoints!
The Powerpoint Goddess teaches you the ropes of MS Powerpoint!
Hello and welcome. I'm so glad you joined me. Kick off your shoes and have a great time!
I've been making powerpoints for a long time now. My skills have come in handy for just about everything, and I've made an executive decision to spread my knowledge to WI. Powerpoint, just like any other Microsoft Program, is structured similarly to other programs like it (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.). First and foremost, I will teach you how to use the system. And then, I will teach you to work with the system to make a truly amazing and professional powerpoint.
Ready? Let's dive in!
~ ~ ~
SECTION ONE: The Basics of Microsoft Powerpoint
**For demonstration purposes I am using Microsoft Powerpoint 2010 on a Dell computer. I will now refer to the word Powerpoint as ppt.**
1.1 The Ribbon
I've labeled the sections of the ribbon. The ribbon helps you in all areas of Powerpoint, but I've copied and pasted the general one that will help you with most of the formatting.
1) COPY & PASTE: This will help you with transporting images from other areas into the ppt.
2) SLIDE OPTIONS: Here you can add a slide, change the layout of the slide, ect.
3) FORMATTING TEXT: This part of the ribbon is all about formatting text--making it bold, italic, changing the font, whatever.
4) MISC. FORMATTING: The rest of the formatting box. Alignment and such.
5) SHAPES: Add and edit shapes here.
6) TOOLS: Find and replace, etc.
More coming soon!
| || |