Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Arrow My complete RANKING guide! NOW HOW TO MAKE GOOD POSTS! - step by step guide WITH EX.! Vocab, ect! Come check it out!

Welcome to my Guide!
After looking through and editing my thread, I have decided to take this thread to the next level. Now, I have a vocabulary section, ranking section, and how to make a good post section.

Please RATE this thread! I wanna know what you think

PART 1 - vocabulary

Lil'kinz: New members with less than 10 posts. Lil'kinz may no PM, Edit their posts, or vewi other users profiles.

Webkinz: The general user ranking. Webkinz are allowed to view and post in every section on WI except the GE and GG section. They are allowed to PM, post on profiles, ect. They may not view other users GE feedback.

Gift Trainee: A user who has applied to become a Gift Trainee, has been accepted, and is working with a Gift Coach and learning how the GE works. Gift Trainees trade with Gift Coaches and other trainees in the Gifted Trainee Section.. which is only visible to Gift Trainees and Gift Coaches (I know.. I said Trainees a LOT lol).

Gifted Members: Members who have completed the Gift Training course.. and have graduated from the Gifted Trainee Section. They post their GE in the main Gift Exchange and trade with other Gifted members, Gift Gurus, Gift Coaches, and Moderators. They have access to every thread on the WI forum except the Trainee Section and GG Section. Gifted members may NOT trade through Private Messaging.

Gift Gurus: Members who have completed the Gift Training Course, and completed 50 trades with 50 different users after becoming Gifted. They also spent a month in the GE after becoming Gifted and applied to become a Gift Guru.. and of course were accepted. Gift Guru's are allowed to trade through private messaging, and have access to every forum on the WI board besides the Gift Trainee Section.

PART 2 - Rankings

Lil'kinz to a Webkinz
Spoiler: show
All you have to do is have atleast 10 posts.. that's it. Your rank can change to a Webkinz the first day you join, since the rank changes instantly after you make your 10th post. I wouldn't rush though, if you are eventually planning on joining the Gift Exchange. Make all of your posts helpful. Don't run straight to the Roll Play or DCT and make 10 easy, quick fluff posts. Take your time and help other users. Learn from your expirience.
Key points:
DOs: Post correct answers in the Somebody Help section, and help other users.
DONTs: Run to the Role Play, Open Mike, WI contests, or pollz section and chat with users. Save that for later

Webkinz to a Gift Trainee

This will take a little while. In order to become a Gift Trainee, you have to have atleast 50 posts. This is where making good posts pays off. 50 of your posts have to be helpful, and meaningful. Posts in the Roll Play, Polls, Open Mike, Rumor Mill, and Contests section do NOT count towards your 50 posts. Instead, spend time in the Somebody Help and Hi my name is Joe sections. Welcome new members, and help everyone out. Make friends, join conversations.
You also have to have been a member of WI for an absolute minimum of 2 weeks. So don't rush and make all your 50 posts in two days thinking you will be in the Gift Exchange tomorrow. The reason you have to have been a member for atleast 2 weeks is so that you can get to know the comminuty before starting to trade with other users. The admins set these requirements so that they can see what type of user you are. Are you a quick-and-easy, 2-sentence poster? Or do you take the time to get hyperlinks, check your spelling, and form paragraphs in your posts? Earn the moderator's trust by being a helpful user. Make 5 or so very helpful posts everyday. Once you hit your 50 posts, you will have been a member for about 14 days, which is how long you need before you apply.
Once you have met those requirments, you can apply at the 'Become a Gfit Trainee' link in my signature.
Carefully read through the rules, and double-check to make sure you have met the requirements. When you post your agreement, you don't have to right out this huge 30 sentence speech either! Just simply state that you have read through the rules, agree to follow them, and leave it at that. Wait for a response. Be paitent. Don't expect a response saying 'Congratulations!' the next day. It takes about 1-2 weeks before you hear anything if you have been accepted.
Key points:
DOs: Read your posts before posting, make sure they make sense and are helpful. Make the links you provide for others hyperlinks, it looks more professtional. Make 5 or so good, strong posts a day.
DONTs: Make quick and easy fluff posts. You don't need to write a HUGE speech when you apply to become a trainee! Just post your agreement. I have seriously seen 3-paragraph long applications stating why this user wants to trade. Just apply!

Webkinz to a Gift Trainee - If you were NOT accepted

You have checked the Official Webkinz Insider Gift Exchange Information everyday, reading through your post. Then one day, you noticed that it is gone. At this point, you probably were not accepted. Don't be sad! It's fine, you will get another chance. Spend another week making good posts, and helping others. Apply again 7 days later. And wait for a response.
If your post is deleted again, wait another 7 days, and apply again. Keep trying! Don't give up!
Key Points:
DOs: Be paitent. Continue to make good posts.
DONTs: Send messages to the administrators complaining and asking why you weren't accepted.

Gift Trainee to Gifted

Congrats! You have recieved your PM stating that you have been accepted to the Gift Exchange... now what? You made it! Yes! But now what do you do??
By now, the Gifted Trainee Section should be unlocked for you. Go visit the Training Section, and have a look around. DON'T make ANY posts/offers/etc. Go to the 'Fair Gift Exchange Policy' at the top of the page, and read through the rules. Again, post your agreement. After that, paitently wait for your Gift Coach to contact you.
It has been a little while, and you have a private message from your new Gift Coach! Congrats! Now, follow the instructions your Gift Coach Gives you. Since every Gift Coach is different, I'm not going to describe what happens during the training proccess.

...... Your Gift Coach has now just given you the OK to post your gift thread. Well, go post it! Head to the Gifted Trainee Section, and post the thread that you built with your Gift Coach. After that, wait until they post at your thread. Your first trade must be with your gift coach, so do not post anywhere else until you are cleared.
.. here comes your Gift Coach! Complete your first trade with him/her, leave feedback, ect. Once they give you the OK to trade.. start trading in the GTS! You can post on other Trainee's threads.. or wait for offers on your own. Keep reviewing the rules and regulations to make sure you understand them.
Continue trading in the GTS with other Trainees until you recieve a PM from a admin stating that you have been nominated to move up to the 'Big GE'.
NOTE: Don't expect to be in the GTS for 10 days, then move up. The whole training proccess takes about 1-2 MONTHS. Don't PM your Gift Coach or an Admin/Mod asking when you will move up. Enjoy having the ability to trade at all!

Gifted To a Gift Guru

Congrats! After all that hard work in the Training Section, an Admin has PMed you stating that you are ready to move up to the Big GE! Make sure you finish up all your trades, by either withdrawing them or sending your last items, then PM the admin back when you are ready for your rank to be changed. Once it is changed, you cannot go back to the Gifted Trainee Section, so now would be a good time to copy your Gift Thread and save it on your computer, so that you won't have to type it all over again when you post your new thread.

... After the admin has moved you up.. congrats! You're in the BIG GE. Take a look around and get comfortable. Post your Gift Thread, Talk with other users on the GE DCT.. and much more! Make new friends, and enjoy being part of the Big Gift Exchange.
After you have spent some time in the GE... go look at the 'Gift Guru Application and Registration' sticky at the top of the main Gift Exchange. Make sure you have met the requirements. Have you traded with 50 different users after becoming Gifted? Have you spent atleast 30 days in the main Gift Exchange being Gifted? Do you have 100% feedback? 100 posts? Great! Post your agreement when you are ready, and wait and see if you are accepted.
More tips on making good trades:
50 PSF trades is in going to cut it. The reason why so many trades are required is to make sure that you have expirience trading a variety of items.

After you set up your new Gift Exchange in the Big GE, spend your first 10 or so trades trading basic WW items. This includes PSF's coupons, recipe foods, Rare foods, ect.
Once you hit about 10 trades in the Big GE, spend your next 20-30 trades trading exclusives, PSI's, CSO's, rares, retired items, ect.
Once you are down to those last few trades that are needed, start trading those high-valued items. Retired exclusives, Priceless items, ect.

Gifted To a Gift Guru - If you were NOT accepted

Don't worry! Look how far you have come! You are still Gifted, continue to trade with other users. Usually, if you did not get accepted to be a Gift Guru, you are told why. Take this opporunity to improve your posts, make them even more informative, and make a wide variety of exchanges. Trading PSF's with 50 differnet users won't cut it. Trade PSFs-Priceless items, with Gifted AND Gift Guru members. Apply again 1-2 weeks later. Keep trying!

Gift Guru

Congrats! Look how far you have come from a Lil'kinz to a Gift Guru. You should be very proud of yourself! Now you can trade through Private messaging, and have access to the GG discussion board. Don't take advantage of this though, continue to help other users and be proud that you are now a very expirienced member. Maybe you will become a Gift Coach one day! Then you can train the Gift Trainees who want to be a Gift Guru just like you did.

PART 3 - How to put together a good post.

Part ofbeing accepted into the Gift Exchange or a Gift Guru means having good, informative posts. Here is Part 3 of my guide, how to make good posts.

EXAMPLE: You go to the Somebody Help section, and notice somebody has a question about making kinzcash. They state that they really want to be able to afford the Halloween theme this year, but they only have 4,000KC. How can you help them?

Instead of just typing 'play games!!' and leaving it at that, go beyond that and make a good post.

STEP 1 - How much will the whole theme cost?
Give them a brief estimation as to how much the entire theme will cost. But do they want the whole entire theme?

"The entire Halloween theme costs about ____KC. Do you want the whole halloween theme?"

STEP 2 - Give ideas
Give 2-4 ideas as to how to make a decent amount of KC. Explain why these ideas are good ideas.

"The entire Halloween theme costs about ____KC. Do you want the whole halloween theme?

To make kinzcash, you could play Zingoz Pop. That game makes a lot of kinzcash, probably the most out of all the arcade games! Be sure to do your dailys everyday. This includes the Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, Gem Hunt, Charm Forest, and Employment Office. You could also do a little look through your house. Do you see any old junk that you don't want? Sell it back to the W-shop!"

STEP 3 - Refer to other threads
Provide a couple links to a few other threads that are similar to this subject, that are NOT questions. (I didn't provide the actual links in the example). Make your links Hyperlinks, it looks more decent.

"The entire Halloween theme costs about ____KC. Do you want the whole halloween theme?

To make kinzcash, you could play Zingoz Pop. That game makes a lot of kinzcash, probably the most out of all the arcade games! Be sure to do your dailys everyday. This includes the Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, Gem Hunt, Charm Forest, and Employment Office. You could also do a little look through your house. Do you see any old junk that you don't want? Sell it back to the W-shop!

If you need more help with this, you could always join the October Kinzcash saving club! Click here for the thread."

STEP 4 - Welcome PM's
Welcome to user to PM you if they need more help.

To make kinzcash, you could play Zingoz Pop. That game makes a lot of kinzcash, probably the most out of all the arcade games! Be sure to do your dailys everyday. This includes the Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, Gem Hunt, Charm Forest, and Employment Office. You could also do a little look through your house. Do you see any old junk that you don't want? Sell it back to the W-shop!

If you need more help with this, you could always join the October Kinzcash saving club! Click here for the thread.

If you need any more help, don't be afraid to PM me!"

STEP 5 - Say BYE!
Don't leave everything hanging in the air. Say bye!

If you need more help with this, you could always join the October Kinzcash saving club! Click here for the thread.

If you need any more help, don't be afraid to PM me!

Livi."

STEP 6 - Add smilies, icons, ect.
Nobody likes a boring old post. You just provided a BUNCH of information, well now add some smilies to it!

To make kinzcash, you could play Zingoz Pop. That game makes a lot of kinzcash, probably the most out of all the arcade games . Be sure to do your dailys everyday. This includes the Wheel of Wow, Wishing Well, Gem Hunt, Charm Forest, and Employment Office. You could also do a little look through your house. Do you see any old junk that you don't want? Sell it back to the W-shop!

If you need any more help, don't be afraid to PM me!

Livi"

Now, read through the post a couple times, to make sure everything is spelled correctly. Change any text speak that you may have typed out of habbit into proper English, then post it!

Congratulations! You have now learned how to make a successful post

I will be adding more to my thread eventually. It needs to slowly grow. Let me know what you think! I will take any suggestions to add!

Last edited by Livi; 10-06-2008 at 04:19 PM..
Livi is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
Gift Guru

LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!LilyRose is headed for the top!

Default Re: My COMPLETE ranking guide! Your guide from going to a Lil'kinz to a Gift Guru. Tips, hints, and more!

This is a great guide...very helpful!!
Great job..I am already a GG but it will really help others.
LilyRose is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
jw5346
Gifted

jw5436 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: My COMPLETE ranking guide! Your guide from going to a Lil'kinz to a Gift Guru. Tips, hints, and more!

Very nice! Opened my eyes to what trading on WI really can be like. I enjoyed reading through every last spoiler!
jw5436 is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
Webkinz :)

kiyogirl is on a distinguished road

this guide is so informative! thank you very much for the help!
kiyogirl is offline Female
Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #5
CoolBenz, vetteguy98
Gift Guru
carguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond reputecarguy98 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great guide! Five stars.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
OMIGOD I'm finally a

ZippyGirl12345 is on a distinguished road

Wow! Super informative! Thanks! Rep for you!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #7
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Thakn you very much you guys! I've edited a few things.
Livi is offline Female
Old 10-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #8
is the best

coolgirl060197 is on a distinguished road

Very helpful guide! I really want to become a GT, so this will help me very much!!
coolgirl060197 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
Toph is a
Gift Guru

cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible
cocogirl211 challenges the impossiblecocogirl211 challenges the impossible

This is a great place to send those lil' kinz's who don't understand the rankings! reP
cocogirl211 is offline Female
Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #10
i know what it is!

chilloutv1 is on a distinguished road

Great guide! I gave you rep.
chilloutv1 is offline Female
Closed