Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #31
noomch
Webkinz :)

mentos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: MOVING BACKGROUND AVATARS!

View Post Originally Posted by Sunnykinz101
Wow this is a fantastic guide, I'll try it later.
thanks

View Post Originally Posted by Hazzy2324
This is the best thing I've seen all day. Thank you for making such an easy-to-follow guide I'm gonna have to try this out when I have some free time.
you welcome hope you enjoy!

View Post Originally Posted by ally-katz
i cant figure out how to do it! i dont have photoshop or any of that.
i tryed on paint program but it failed... do you have any advice on this?

Im new to WI an need help!!! I dont know how to start a topic on this or even find the instructions for WI. i only can post...,someone help please!!!

Also i dont know how to edit my profile or the signature thing ether. so im stuck with the....In the eyes of a lone wolf, nothing is not possible! coment
welcome to wi!

you can use the lunapic guide, it's a free online image editor, so that you don't have to download anything. just follow the instructions for lunapic

you can edit your comments only after you have more than 10 comments. i suppose by now you can edit them already - just click the modify button beneath your message.

to start a new thread, click the new topic button when you're in a forum. it's on the left, right above all the messages in the forum (above the blue messages too).

i'm not so sure about editing the signature and avatar. you should have "edit avatar" and "edit signature" buttons in the "user cp" menu, on the top of the site, right beneath the big WI logo image.
if you don't have them, i'm not sure what to do - i suppose you should ask an administrator.

View Post Originally Posted by bookworm5854
I may try this guide with GIMP later.
Great job on it!
thanks gimp guide is all starbucksfun's work.
mentos is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #32
hi

tigerdove is a WIzard
tigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzardtigerdove is a WIzard

is there a way i can do it using the 'paint' progam on my computer?
Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #33
noomch

mentos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledgementos flows towards the sea of knowledge

View Post Originally Posted by tigerdove
is there a way i can do it using the 'paint' progam on my computer?

no, because the paint program can't handle animations. but you can use lunapic, which is a free online image editor, so that you won't have to download any program to your computer. the lunapic tutorial is the second tutorial in the main post. i hope it's clear enough. if you have any problems, don't hesitate to ask
mentos is offline Female
Old 07-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #34

agonn knows the way
agonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the wayagonn knows the way

I tried the GIMP guide, and the background moved, the Webkinz & the text blinked though.
Any help??
agonn is offline Female
Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #35
happy holidays(:

swags22 has a reputation beyond reputeswags22 has a reputation beyond reputeswags22 has a reputation beyond reputeswags22 has a reputation beyond reputeswags22 has a reputation beyond reputeswags22 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for this great guide! I will make some of these later(:
swags22 is offline Female
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #36
noomch

View Post Originally Posted by agonn
I tried the GIMP guide, and the background moved, the Webkinz & the text blinked though.
Any help??
it actually happened to me too. i tried doing it in gimp to try out the program, i don't know anything about gimp... i did outer glow to the image and it came out kind of weird:

Click the image to open in full size.

i know why it happened: that's because gimp opens the animation as layers in a combined mode, meaning the first frame is the first layer; the second frame is the first layer, with the second layer above it; the third frame is the first layer, on top of it the second, and on top of that the third; and so on. it means that some of the layers in the middle look something like this:

as i said before, i know about nothing about gimp - i don't know how to prevent this from happening. the only solution i can think of is:
  • duplicate the first layer
  • merge the second with the duplicated first layer - that's the new second layer
  • duplicate the new second layer
  • merge the third layer down with the new second layer
  • and so on...
then you can simply blend your new layer with webkinz and text to every other layer of the original animation, and it won't blink

although i think it would be easier to make the new layer you want to add with gimp as usual, save only that layer as a png-24 (with alpha channels). then use lunapic or any other website to paste your image above the animation

hope this helps!

View Post Originally Posted by swags22
thanks for this great guide! I will make some of these later(:
you welcome
mentos is offline Female
Old 07-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #37
ebkinz :)

webbyaddict has much to be proud ofwebbyaddict has much to be proud ofwebbyaddict has much to be proud ofwebbyaddict has much to be proud ofwebbyaddict has much to be proud of

This guide rocks! Thanks so much! I made an beagle avvie
webbyaddict is offline Female
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 AM   #38
Call Me Maisha :D

maisha16 is a name known to allmaisha16 is a name known to allmaisha16 is a name known to all

Thank you so much Mentos for making a such a wonderful guide! I loved making this, the guide was simple. the only problem I had was the animated background. So I experimented how you would make it and as my finsih product it turned out great. Then I scrolled Down to see you had provided backgrounds for us. I was like what? Oh well, I am glad I know how to do that, Maybe in the future I could do great styles. Thanks again! 5 stars and Rep

maisha16 is offline Female
Old 07-11-2011, 05:18 AM   #39
Bea <3 Wacky

11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!11bloom11 is not just visiting!

i'd appreciate it if you posted pictures for the gimp one.
11bloom11 is offline Female
Old 07-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #40
Bunny saves the clan
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine
luckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshineluckypleo is a ray of sunshine

These are AMZAING!
luckypleo is offline Female
Closed

Tags
cyclops o•), god is 100% awesome