Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Its really fun being
Webkinz :)

iluvwebkinz84 is a name known to alliluvwebkinz84 is a name known to alliluvwebkinz84 is a name known to all

Default More Gimp tutorials! Blending, splatter, rainbow stuff and more! Updated weekly! :)

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Zippazap/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Zippazap/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-11.png[/IMG]I noticed how everyone enjoyed webkinzrockzz tutorials, so I thought I might continue the tutorials and make this one.

Making a Blend

1- Find the 1st image you will use. Open up a 640 by 400 document in GIMP. Paste in the image. Position it more to the left and then grab this tool:
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Zippazap/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-12.png[/IMG]Click the image to open in full size.
Use the tool to click out on the gray area. The dotted lines are now around the whole canvas!

2- Take your second image. Paste it and position it a little over the 1st picture. Rather than click out this time, take the eraser and erase the parts that overlap. If there's something in the way, like a paw or hand, erase around it.
Click the image to open in full size.
Tip: its easier to use images of the same background!
When finished, use the wand tool again (you used it in step 1) and click outside.

3- Now for the third image. Just repeat step 2 and your done!!

Here's my complete blend:
I've taken out my samples... I think most have seen them!

Tutorial #2 post 3!! Rainbow brushes and splatter!
Tutorial #3 post 7!! Gradient background!

Last edited by iluvwebkinz84; 12-12-2009 at 06:38 PM..
iluvwebkinz84 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Banned
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence
dotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellencedotdotduck is the epitome of excellence

Default Re: More GIMP tutorials! Includes blending ! Come look!

Great guide, thanks!

The one with Selena Gomez is really cool!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
Its really fun being

iluvwebkinz84 is a name known to alliluvwebkinz84 is a name known to alliluvwebkinz84 is a name known to all

Tutorial #2.... Using colorful brushes!

Gimp comes with many different colorings for brushes. Use them to full ability with this tutorial!

To find them, go to the brush tool.
Now, check "use color from gradient" Click the "gradient" box and scroll to find many different colors, including my favorite... rainbow!

Right now, you using the default brush. There's also a splatter brush, and even pepper brush! To find them, click the box next to the word "brush", which is only a few rows up from "use color from gradient." When you click the box, it should look like this:
The one that looks like a yellow sun is the splatter brush. If you've chosen your color gradient, using the splatter will look really cool! Check out the rainbow splatter:
Old 11-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
kathy/kasia

WebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truth
WebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truthWebkinzRockzz climbs the tree of truth

Thanks for sharing!
The splatter thing is AWESOME!
Look at my splatter heart:
Spoiler: show
WebkinzRockzz is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Gift Guru

[xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting![xo] Pop-Tart is not just visiting!

Good thread!
You can also get the same 'splatter-y' look if you 'apply jitter' to a simple circle brush.
[xo] Pop-Tart is offline Female
Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Banned
MissPuppy is a WI addict!
MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!MissPuppy is a WI addict!

Wow!
Great Tutorials! Thanks for taking the time to post these steps.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
Its really fun being

Tutorial #3: Gradient Background

Now you know how to get to gradients, but thats as a brush. Instead of using your mouse wildly to fill a b-round, why not use this simple tutorial?

Step 1- Click the button in between the bucket and pencil... it actually looks like a gradient! Pick the gradient you want, and drag your mouse across the canvas:
Now, let go! You'll have something like this (depending on which gradient you used):

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Zippazap/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-14.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Zippazap/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-15.png[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
pup5115
Gift Guru

pup5115 is a WI addict!
pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!pup5115 is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

thanks again for this guide i made myself a siggie
pup5115 is offline Male
Old 12-01-2009, 05:16 PM   #9
ho doesn't love a

WishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonderWishyWashy wows us all with wonder

Fantastic guide! REP!! This has helped me so much! I will definitly use this in the future.
WishyWashy is offline Female
Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #10
Its really fun being

Thank you everyone! I'll be sure to keep adding some... and I'll also take requests
Closed