Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Liz ♥
Webkinz :)

kittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guide

Post - Meet My Webkinz Family - Picture Thread Guide

Welcome to Taylor's MMWF thread guide, teaching you how to make a great MMWF picture thread!
“Oh great, not another one of these. From a small threader, no less.”
Actually, I've been in the picture threading business for three years. My current thread is simply a new one. And when your best friend is the most popular threader, you pick up a few tips and tricks now and then.

One of the biggest things about making a picture thread is to
USE GOOD GRAMMAR. If you were reading a book, would you want it to look like this?
steve leaned over the couch edge.
it's too far down he said.
Or like this?
"It's too far down!" Steve exclaimed, looking over the edge of the couch.
I would personally go with the latter.
It is also hard to read bright colors! Try to avoid hot pink, lime green, yellow, and all the colors on the bottom row of the palette at all costs. Orange is debatable! It's hard to read when it's used on 2-point Arial, but it's okay when used on Comic Sans.

Pretty much just use all the rules of writing a book.

Now let's discuss your first post.
  • Come up with an interesting title for your thread/blog! Awesome titles draw awesome people in!
  • Use a banner! It makes everything pretty! Now watch as I shamelessly promote my sister's and friend's graphics shop: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...hop___-706719/
  • Keep it organized! No one likes a messy first post. Don't plagiarize, either. Using someone else's front page format is a big no-no! Kat had some problems with this a while ago, I believe. It's okay to use other's threads for inspiration, but don't copy word-for-word and replace their names and stories with yours.
  • Keeping a notification list isn't necessary. If you do, don't add anyone who comments- some people would rather subscribe (like me!). Do, however, add a note on the first post asking people to ask to be added if they like the thread. When you update, either PM or VM (depending on your preference) them saying that you've updated and add a link if possible (for easy access).

Now let's talk about content.
  • If you want a good picture story, you need to take your time to write it then sit down with your Webkinz to take the pictures. If you have time, try to make it multi-part (more than one post), or even better, multi-update. Katerina's (cinnabon138's) recently finished update, “Operation: Stabber of Backs”, took half a year to complete, if I can remember correctly. There were different updates about things happening, but they all connected and flowed nicely.
  • You don't have to use real pictures at all. Virtual updates are awesome. For more on how to take screenshots, go here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...put-site-8630/ (It even teaches you how to upload pictures and post them.) You could even do both!
  • When I first started, all my Webkinz had the same personality. I basically put myself into them, and created the stories like that. Try not to do this! You want to create different personalities for your Webkinz. Kat's Webkinz have all sorts of personalities.
  • Try to be funny! Even if you don't think you're funny, at least try. Everyone likes humor! ...Except for people that hate fun.

“Taylor, I want more people to look at my thread! What do I do?”
Well, don't force them to do it! That would be cheating. Just read other users' threads-- some threaders, like me, will read their reader's threads! Maybe even put out an ad in another user's thread, some people still do that.
“Oh my God Taylor, you can't just ask people for an ad.”
Of course you can! If you're a new threader, just getting back into the hang of threading, or you just don't have any readers, an ad is acceptable.

Remember to be unique, and come up with your own ideas for your stories, features, and Webkinz' personalities. And if you're giving your Webkinz a disorder, make sure to write it correctly.

Really, you should check out Kat's guide. She explained everything way better than me. http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...family-502388/

Thanks for reading! <3
Please tell me if I'm missing anything, if anything is confusedly worded, or ask me any questions!

Last edited by kittykat22337; 08-13-2011 at 08:07 PM..
kittykat22337 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
Banned
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent
ChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talentChristianGirl is an unparalleled talent

Default Re: Meet My Webkinz Family Thread Guide

This is awesome, hon.
ChristianGirl is offline Female
Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
Liz ♥

kittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guidekittykat22337 is a golden guide

Default Re: Meet My Webkinz Family Thread Guide

Thanks, Maddy c:
kittykat22337 is offline Female
Old 08-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #4

Priceless has disabled reputation

Default Re: - Meet My Webkinz Family - Picture Thread Guide

This is a wonderful guide! I wish I could've read this when I opened mine, it got 0 posts.
Priceless is offline Male
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #5
I love you ♥

Starla knows the way
Starla knows the wayStarla knows the wayStarla knows the way

Default Re: - Meet My Webkinz Family - Picture Thread Guide

This is a great guide! I will be sure to come back again if I ever make a MYWF thread.
Starla is offline Female
Closed

Tags
courage, mmwf, picture stories, picture thread, webkinz