Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > Somebody Help! > Guides & How-tos

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
Puppy Luv ♥

Default Making a Good Post and How to Do it and WHY You Should Do It!

Hi, I am Puppy Luv ♥. I will be showing how to make a good post and WHY you should make a good post. I hope these tips help!

First, always add a little detail to your post. If someone askes you a question like, "Do you like ice cream?" or something, always answer with a GOOD post. Here's an example of a bad post:

I like ice cream.

First, add a detail of why you like it.

I like ice cream because it is so tasty and yummy.

You can also add what kind of ice cream you like.

I like ice cream because it is so tasty and yummy. The ice cream I like is chocolate.

Next, you can add why you like the kind of ice cream.

I like ice cream because it is so tasty and yummy. The ice cream I like is chocolate. I like chocolate because it is so creamy and good.

Think of a time you tried the ice cream. . . . add that to your post.

I like ice cream because it is so tasty and yummy. The ice cream I like is chocolate. I like chocolate because it is so creamy and good. When I tried the chocolate ice cream, it was so good that I wanted to eat it over and over again.

Almost done, just add a person to your post. Like, someone that dislikes your ice cream or likes your ice cream . . . . or both!

I like ice cream because it is so tasty and yummy. The ice cream I like is chocolate because it is so creamy and good. When I tried the chocolate ice cream, it was so good that I wanted to eat it over and over again. My sister dislikes the ice cream and likes vanilla. So, she said, "Eww! You like that disgusting ice cream?" I nodded and went away. Luckily, my mom loved the ice cream. She said to my sister, "Oh honey, please don't say that. I love chocolate ice cream, too!"

Not quite done. . . yet. But, this might be the last tip . . . or will it? You can tell us which ice cream store you go to and you can tell us if you live near it or not and how long it takes you to go there. You can also add other ice creams you like and don't like and you can post why you like it and don't like it..

I like ice cream because it is so tasty and yummy. The ice cream i like is chocolate because it is so creamy and good. When I tried the chocolate ice cream, it was so good that I wanted to eat it over and over again. My sister dislikes the ice cream and likes vanilla. So, she said, "Eww! You like that disgusting ice cream?" I nodded and went away. Luckily, my mom loved the ice cream. She said to my sister, "Oh honey, please don't say that. I love chocolate ice cream, too!" The ice cream shop I go to is Carvel. I live so near it that it takes one minute or more to get there. I also like Strawberry ice cream, Blueberry ice cream, Mango ice cream, and sometimes I like different kinds because it depends on my feelings. I would never want to eat Vanilla ice cream and it wouldn't depend on my feelings. . . I just don't like it at all!

Okay, sometimes make a post nice. It might hurt some feelings!

Here are some reasons why you should post with more details.

1. On the GE, if your posts do not have much detail on your posts it might not let you be in the GE.

2. You HAVE to have 10 characters or more.

3. It shows that you like the thread and will never be bored. . .

Okay, so on this thread please write with more detail . . . don't write like this:

I like this thread.

DETAILS!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Gifted

kjonas is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Making a Good Post and How to Do it and WHY You Should Do It!

thankx for the info. i think it will come in handy since i am trying to become gifted. i can't wait to be able to trade with people. my sister is gifted and she is getting so many cool things.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #3
Puppy Luv ♥

Thank you because you like my tips. I like it when people compliment me because it just seems like you made a master piece and everyone likes it. When I first felt like that, I smiled, happily. The audience/fans were clapping with excitement! It's a really good feeling. I haven't become gifted yet because I haven't played for two weeks. I am hoping you and I become gifted one day. It is really hard to balance on your posts. Sometimes you get so addicted to Webkinz, you forget about Webkinzinsider. That isn't really like me. I usually always go on Webkinzinsider much more often than Webkinz. Webkinzinsider is the best. Right now, today's activities is Wheel of Yum. Guess I gotta do it. . . Back! Well, I just got a bunch of bananas. Better than nothing! I hope you guys look foward to use more detail like me. Thanks! And comment anything. No spamming!! I don't want any hurt feelings, here. Hope Kjonas gets gifted. Visit my other threads if you to. With something to think about, this is Puppy Luv ♥. Make it a good day or not. . . . the choice is yours.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #4
hats up? :)
Gifted

melmoore is on a distinguished road

cool thanks. now i know how to post the RIGHT way!! very well said
melmoore is offline Female
Old 01-18-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
iamabananahead
Webkinz :)

tzandwzya will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Puppy Luv ♥
Thank you because you like my tips. I like it when people compliment me because it just seems like you made a master piece and everyone likes it. When I first felt like that, I smiled, happily. The audience/fans were clapping with excitement! It's a really good feeling. I haven't become gifted yet because I haven't played for two weeks. I am hoping you and I become gifted one day. It is really hard to balance on your posts. Sometimes you get so addicted to Webkinz, you forget about Webkinzinsider. That isn't really like me. I usually always go on Webkinzinsider much more often than Webkinz. Webkinzinsider is the best. Right now, today's activities is Wheel of Yum. Guess I gotta do it. . . Back! Well, I just got a bunch of bananas. Better than nothing! I hope you guys look foward to use more detail like me. Thanks! And comment anything. No spamming!! I don't want any hurt feelings, here. Hope Kjonas gets gifted. Visit my other threads if you to. With something to think about, this is Puppy Luv ♥. Make it a good day or not. . . . the choice is yours.
I got the bushel of bananas too, i like it because i dont have to use my precious kc on other expensive foods and i like that it comes with a lot of bananas. this thread was very helpful and i hope it helps me become gifted soon. none of my friends have become gifted yet because not many of them really go on this site. although im not gifted yet i still think it will be fun. hopefully writing good, full posts will help me on my way!!!...=
tzandwzya is offline Female
Old 01-18-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
Puppy Luv ♥

I hope you get gifted, too. I always tell people not to spam. It isn't really nice. Some other tips:

1. Post the topic.
For example, if the topic is about ice cream, (again) you shouldn't say:
I like pie.
For one, you might think it's funny but, you might get reported for spamming. This is why I tell you to add more detail.
You should use one of my "ice cream" examples above or just stay to the topic.

2. Do NICE posts.
For example, if someone says, "I like vanilla ice cream!" you shouldn't say:
I hate vanilla ice cream. Get a life!
Okay, I will never act that way. That is just an example! That was so mean!! I cannot believe I just used that as an example.
You should say:
I like chocolate . . . and it's okay if you like vanilla.

3. Do NOT give personal information.
For example, never say how old you are, your first name and last name, and other really bad info. Some info you can use is like how many webkinz you have.
Mods will edit your post.

Follow these and NEVER get reported!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #7
snazzykinz

This is an amazing and helpful guide! Great job! You must have worked hard on it!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #8
Puppy Luv ♥

Now, since I taught you to make a good post, now it's time for rep. Well, rep points sure make me happy!

What are Rep Points?
If you look under someone's avatar, there is a thumb-up. In the left of it it says, "Give rep." Click the thumb-up and make a comment. The person who got the comment will hopefully give you rep back. My goal is to reach 100 rep points. I made this thread not just to teach WebkinzInsider members how to make a good post, but also to get rep points. So, to complete my goal, if you want, you can give me rep.

How do I check my Rep?
Scroll up, click User CP. Click User CP Home. Scroll down and you will see some rep people gave you. Unluckily, you might not have any. If you don't have any or want more, please do not beg for more. Begging for rep, presents, and free things are not allowed, sorry.

Most rep are given to people who write more detail to their posts. Luckily, you might get rep from a mod.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
Webkinz :)

webkinzfashionqueen123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! That was very helpful! I'm taking your advice and starting it right now, and my sister will,too!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #10
Puppy Luv ♥

I am glad you and your sister are starting to take my advice. It is SO important. Never do boring posts. It drives me crazy! Everyone including me, sometimes make mistakes and forget to write with a lot of detail. Some mods take action on your posts and make notes about your "BAD" post. This is why you shouldn't be mean.

For example, let's pretend you said:

You're ugly!

Mods (or other members) will report it. The more you do mean things, the more you increase of getting banned which is not good. So, never do it. . . ever!!

Checking Your Mod Notes
To check your Mod Notes, you click User CP, and then click User CP Home. Then, scroll way, way down. If you see some mod notes, you must've done something wrong. If you don't see any, you're lucky. If you have no mod notes, you might increase your chances of being a mod.

I just wanna congratulate Gingerly for becoming a mod. I know how much she tried for it. Let's all give a round of an applause for Gingerly!
Closed