| 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM || #1 |
Join Date: Feb 2009
| | -- Maddy's GIMP Guide ;;  Animation, Icons, Etc. <>
MADDY'S GIMP GUIDE
Maddy? Another guide?
Yes, sir, another. I hope this one will turn out much better.
What's GIMP, anyway?
A graphics design/photo manipulation software. Google GIMP to download.
What's first, Maddy?
How to make an icon! Watch and learn...
HOW TO MAKE AN ICON
001. Open GIMP.
002. File > New > 100x100 pixels > OK
003. Paint bucket tool > Select color 00b200 > Fill canvas
004. Paintbrush tool > Scale 1.00 > Select color 8f5e1e
005. Draw a thick line, like you're drawing a tree stump.
006. Select color 116426 > Draw a bush on top.
007. Add some detail in the back.
008. Text tool > Select color 000000 > Add text.
009. File > Save > Save as name.png > Post it here!
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU MADE!
If you did something different then please show me anyway!
HOW TO MAKE A BANNER
This is for more advanced graphic makers, but you can absolutely
try! I'd also love to see what you made.
001. Open your image in GIMP. I'm using this one.
002. Crop tool > Crop it to 500x300 pixels.
003. Find some textures. I'm using the following:
004. Open them in GIMP.
005. Put the snowflakes one on the canvas. Resize it so there is nothing other
than the main snowflakes.
006. Set the layer mode to Screen. Merge down.
007. Take the second texture and put it on the canvas. Resize it to 500x300.
008. Set the layer mode to Overlay at 30.0 opacity. Merge down.
009. Open the last texture on the canvas and resize it to 500x300.
010. Set the layer mode to Multiply and 50.0 opacity.
011. Flatten image.
012. Add some text.
013. Save as name.png
I would love to see what you made!
If you used different pictures or text, that's okay!
Last edited by ChristianGirl; 11-27-2011 at 04:02 PM..
| || |